I AM LEGEND 2

Will Smith still hasn't joined, has he?

When i was researching on the net for some info, the thing that I came across was it will have Will smith in it, about the content i will quote what ive read

Unfortunately we are not working on the current project which will be a sequel to the original movie. The main storyline is now Anna and Ethan have given the cure to scientists at the Survivors Colony, but they need a test subject to try the cure on, so the scientists go to the nearest city being Bethel, Vermont and capture a female Darkseeker.

if this is legit i have no clue.. so dont get your hopes up :) just passing info on that ive seen! so feel free to post any other information if you have! :)

That's great news, is it Mila Kunis sequel side of her story now?

I think you're thinking of The Book Of Eli

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has closed deals with Akiva Goldsman and Overbrook Entertainment to produce another installment of I Am Legend, the 2007 hit film. The intention is for Will Smith to reprise his role as scientist Robert Neville, who was the last man on Earth doing battle with a mutated mob in New York City after an apocalyptic man-made virus wiped out the population. A deal was made with Arash Amel to write the script. The film is not being called a prequel, which had been rumored for the past few years. But clearly Warner Bros sees more room to roam on a film that grossed $584 million worldwide. The original film is based on the novel by Richard Matheson.
Smith won’t commit until the script is ready and I haven’t heard yet where I Am Legend director Francis Lawrence stands on the whole thing. The other quandary is this: If it isn’t a prequel, how to get past Smith’s character’s demise at the first film’s end? These of course are semantics in the tentpole game. Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures are casting a continuation of 300, another hit film where all the major characters croaked. Amel is a hot scribe; his script Grace Of Monaco, the film about Grace Kelly that will be directed by La Vie En Rose‘s Olivier Dahan with Pierre-Ange Le Pogam producing and financing, has all the young actresses salivating. Buyers are also waiting to pounce. CAA made the deals.

Taken from here http://m.deadline.com/2012/02/warner-bros-plans-more-i-am-legend/

I think you're thinking of The Book Of Eli

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has closed deals with Akiva Goldsman and Overbrook Entertainment to produce another installment of I Am Legend, the 2007 hit film. The intention is for Will Smith to reprise his role as scientist Robert Neville, who was the last man on Earth doing battle with a mutated mob in New York City after an apocalyptic man-made virus wiped out the population. A deal was made with Arash Amel to write the script. The film is not being called a prequel, which had been rumored for the past few years. But clearly Warner Bros sees more room to roam on a film that grossed $584 million worldwide. The original film is based on the novel by Richard Matheson.
Smith won’t commit until the script is ready and I haven’t heard yet where I Am Legend director Francis Lawrence stands on the whole thing. The other quandary is this: If it isn’t a prequel, how to get past Smith’s character’s demise at the first film’s end? These of course are semantics in the tentpole game. Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures are casting a continuation of 300, another hit film where all the major characters croaked. Amel is a hot scribe; his script Grace Of Monaco, the film about Grace Kelly that will be directed by La Vie En Rose‘s Olivier Dahan with Pierre-Ange Le Pogam producing and financing, has all the young actresses salivating. Buyers are also waiting to pounce. CAA made the deals.

Taken from here http://m.deadline.com/2012/02/warner-bros-plans-more-i-am-legend/

Woops haha. I am, my mistake :( Nonetheless it was an awesome movie, can't wait to see how this one will turn out!