I Am Legend *2nd Release* (Blu-ray SteelBook)-Warner Wave 1 [Canada]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: November 23rd, 2010
Purchase link: Amazon.ca
Price: $19.99

See comparative with Future Shop 2008 1st edition (with blue banner) (by @jimmy)
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/posts/98115/

legend.jpg

Per Brana at FS:
Part of "Wave 1" of WB Steelbooks (will definitely be released).
For "Wave 2" we vote at http://futureshopforums.com/t5/Movies/bd-p/movies
on right side towards bottom-deadline September 30. Top 5 movies with most votes become a Steelbook.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think this release will affect the value of the first release but I could be wrong. Since the 1st release is way out of my range, this is a great alternative for me :D

I would think this release will affect the value of the first release but I could be wrong. Since the 1st release is way out of my range, this is a great alternative for me :D

That's for sure buddy. I never owned that SteelBook ever. I use to own Iron Man and now wish that gets re-released again :scat:

I am betting that these are G1 size re-releases.

All the advertised Warner re-release were initial released as DVD steelbooks and sat on shelves forever.

In my opinion, these are the DVD steelbooks but have been repackaged with the BD discs.

I could be wrong but my gut instinct tells me otherwise. I could see it if these re-releases were for highly popular movies, but in this case some are, IAL, and some aren't, 10,000 B.C., and that just does not make good marketing sense

Just my $0.02

Cheers
CrashKelly

I am betting that these are G1 size re-releases.

All the advertised Warner re-release were initial released as DVD steelbooks and sat on shelves forever.

In my opinion, these are the DVD steelbooks but have been repackaged with the BD discs.

I could be wrong but my gut instinct tells me otherwise. I could see it if these re-releases were for highly popular movies, but in this case some are, IAL, and some aren't, 10,000 B.C., and that just does not make good marketing sense

Just my $0.02

Cheers
CrashKelly

Could be a good logic, but I am almost 100% sure these will be G2 size. Sucks for those that paid a grip for these puppies, but it is what it is.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Looks like the first person to post one on eBay is looking for buy it now at $149.99. Just yesterday it would have been bought ASAP for that price, crazy...

The rare digibooks are looking more and more collectible with reprints WAY out of question. Honestly tho, I perfer the original IAL look over this one ... I like the blu banner. And no, I dont own it. ;)

And yeah 10,000 BC is a horrible choice lol.

I'm quite interested whether this one will be a 100% identical steelbook to the first release?

If there are easily identifiable subtle differences between the two then I think the original release will hold its value pretty well.

I'm quite interested whether this one will be a 100% identical steelbook to the first release?

If there are easily identifiable subtle differences between the two then I think the original release will hold its value pretty well.

Correct - we saw that happen with Rambo. But if they make the same exact steelbook.... :( :rolleyes: :(

Could be a good logic, but I am almost 100% sure these will be G2 size. Sucks for those that paid a grip for these puppies, but it is what it is.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Looks like the first person to post one on eBay is looking for buy it now at $149.99. Just yesterday it would have been bought ASAP for that price, crazy...

I don't think we can be 100% sure of anything anymore :rolleyes:

I just do not see 4000 of each of those being produced. I know this is a Canada wide release, along with all the others, but most of these movies were crap and did not sell the first time so why would they sell the second time.

Plus, it is just too coincidental that the release of IAL is missing the blue banner at the top and that the DVD release never had one.

Warner has release DVD Steelbooks containing DVDs in Europe, and Warner was the studio who brought Iron Packs to Canada, so I do not think anything is out of the realm of possibility.

Cheers
CRashKelly

EDIT: As well, the Ocean's 13 DVD Steelbook is still available for purchase on the FutureShop web site. Why would Warner go to all the trouble to commit to a BD Steelbook of a movie that never sold in the first place. Even if these are G2, and other than IAL, I smell another round of Bonds coming

EDIT2: Just thinking about this some more and remembering back to the first Dark Knight BD Steelbook release. Although initially it flew off shelves, there were copies available at FutureShop for weeeks and weeks and in a lot of cases months. The original BD steelbook was over produced to begin with and suffered for it, and unless the deal was cut for these based upon what other retailers wanted, in terms of titles, I very much doubt FS would want these back on their shelves again.

They could possibly be the DVD/BD combo packs similar to what was recently released in Germany

Last edited:
Re: I Am Legend *2nd Release* (Blu-Ray Steelbook Futureshop) [Canada]

I have to agree with crash. All the pictures supplied are identical to the dvd exclusive steels. I think they are using up old stock.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk

He's right about TDK that's for sure.

They turned up at Axel music not so long ago. In fact, they're still selling them with a warning to expect a dented one if you order.

To tell you the truth, eventhough I was excited about posting the threads for these, so we all could share our thoughts, I was very disappointed that the art was recycled. This was an opportunity to really showcase some unique art for collectors, but instead, it does seem a bit like they are "spring cleaning". And the worst part for me, was that they had a chance to release "other" movies, not yet released, instead of beating a dead horse, with old releases. Ugh-not to derail the thread, I personally think the Alliance Steelbooks are more visually appealing.

To tell you the truth, eventhough I was excited about posting the threads for these, so we all could share our thoughts, I was very disappointed that the art was recycled. This was an opportunity to really showcase some unique art for collectors, but instead, it does seem a bit like they are "spring cleaning". And the worst part for me, was that they had a chance to release "other" movies, not yet released, instead of beating a dead horse, with old releases. Ugh-not to derail the thread, I personally think the Alliance Steelbooks are more visually appealing.

I'm very excited about the Alliance line - they have done a great job, especially excited to see these in person.

Sooooo glad they did different art for the Kill Bills. :oohyeah:

Back on topic.