Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray SteelBook) [France]

thedefector

Premium Supporter
Apr 5, 2012
UK
Blu-ray SteelBook, DC and Soundtrack edition from Universal of the Coen brothers film.

Release Date: March 11, 2014
Purchase Price: €24.58
Purchase Link: Amazon.fr

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This edition will also contain the concert/documentary "Another Day, Another Time: Celebrating the Music of Inside Llewyn Davis" on the 2nd Blu-ray.

Amazon.fr said:
- le Blu-ray du film du concert "Another Day, Another Time", la musique du film en live interprétée par Joan Baez, Patti Smith, Marcus Mumford...

Last edited:
Why is the spine text written the wrong way?

Because the Studios in France love it that way.

It dates back to book printing & binding. In many countries, book spines are designed for perusing on the shelf (left to right, so the text is oriented accordingly)... In France, the spines are designed for stacking (so when you take a multi-volume set off the shelf & put it on a table, the text can be read in order from top to bottom).

In any case... at least there's no vertical text or logos on this spine, so it will be easy to flip it!

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

does anyone was aware of this one EEK!

$_57.JPG

I assume the 80-page "livret" is in French only? Does Fnac ship to the US?

Why is the spine text written the wrong way?

Usually when this happens,there is a horizontal logo(B) along with the title.With this one,there is none.which allows you to tamper with it.It's just a vertical text on the spine which means that you simple remove the front and back plates and reverse it then when you place it back in, then you now have a winner :scat:
With a horizontal logo like the blu-ray symbol,if you reverse the plates,the "B" ends up being upside down.

In any case... at least there's no vertical text or logos on this spine, so it will be easy to flip it!
Usually when this happens,there is a horizontal logo(B) along with the title.With this one,there is none.which allows you to tamper with it.It's just a vertical text on the spine which means that you simple remove the front and back plates and reverse it then when you place it back in, then you now have a winner :scat:
With a horizontal logo like the blu-ray symbol,if you reverse the plates,the "B" ends up being upside down.
How do you go about flipping the inside artwork? ;)

How do you go about flipping the inside artwork? ;)

Fortunately, in this case it won't be terribly noticeable... just a gradient the wrong way up. If you're really OCD, you could repaint the spine interior before reapplying it. Or redo the inside art completely as a paper insert.

On my Czech Titanic steel I actually reprinted a spine on glossy paper and applied it over the metal spine, just to see how it would come out. If you can match the colors well it can look pretty decent, but once you run your finger across it the illusion is ruined!

BTW: They've started shipping...

Last edited:
Reactions: snooloui
I want this steelbook, but i'm not sure what edition to buy.

France edition has two discs.
France Fnac edition has two disc + booklet (store only)
Zavvi edition has only 1 disc.

Is that correct?

Hi,

FNAC ships worldwide. But the "FNAC Special Edition" of this steelbook with the booklet is only available in stores not online.

I want this steelbook, but i'm not sure what edition to buy.

France edition has two discs.
France Fnac edition has two disc + booklet (store only)
Zavvi edition has only 1 disc.

Is that correct?

The second disc is "Another Day, Another Time", The blu-ray of the entire concert of the movie soundtrack played live by Joan Baez, Patti Smith, Marcus Mumford...

Reactions: anemake
Hi,

FNAC ships worldwide. But the "FNAC Special Edition" of this steelbook with the booklet is only available in stores not online.

It's probably just as well. My amazon.fr order has already shipped, and while the booklet would be nice, I would have to brush up on my high school French to get the most out of it. :p

For the ninjas who want this exclusive FNAC in store steelbook, i Will go to my FNAC store in Few hours...
I can help you to get some copies, so if you want one just send me a PM...
I Will go to my FNAC in 4 hours, so be fast...

Reactions: rodtp
FR - Inside Llewyn Davis

All images can be clicked on for a closer view. They are all high res and can be viewed at full scale.

qmjm5mi.jpg

OUWXVi6.jpg

5p2z68u.jpg

BYluk1r.jpg

cGZDd4e.jpg

yb7WMpy.jpg

Below are shots to help show the finishing on the steel.

HDN EXCLUSIVE SHOTS
---------------------------

ExVkKhq.jpg

Xt7TWcg.jpg

HDN EXCLUSIVE FINISHING SHOT
Extremely close up shot to help show you the paint job

2Oc58iL.jpg

5W76NbO.jpg