snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: May 26th, 2014
Purchase link: Inside Llewyn Davis
Price: £22.99
Notes: Zavvi Exclusive Ultra Limited Edition Steelbook. Limited to 2000 Copies.

attachment.php

10915395-1392727177-373574.jpg

10915395-1392727177-373541.jpg

Attachments

• 10915395-1392727177-373579.jpg
    10915395-1392727177-373579.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 489
  • 10915395-1392727177-373503.jpg
    10915395-1392727177-373503.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 400
Last edited by a moderator:
+1 for shipping early... -10 for shoddy envelope packaging! There should be no excuse for not using a proper box for SteelBooks! I'd rather wait an extra few days than receive in this sub-standard packaging!

Has anyone received shipping confirmation from Amazon.co.uk yet? I'm wondering whether they still plan on honouring the initial pre-orders, or whether the version they are selling is different than the one Zavvi claim is an exclusive...

I noticed that the one I received from Zavvi contains both the DVD as well as Blu-Ray discs, so I am thinking that perhaps Amazon may be selling a version which comes with only the Blu-Ray disc. It's not unheard of for a title to have two identical-looking SteelBook releases at the same time, with only minor differences - Fast & Furious 6 springs to mind, where the version with the art cards was exclusive to Zavvi, so perhaps they can call this exclusive because it includes the DVD

Also of note is the fact that Zavvi make no mention of this release containing a DVD disc, which I think is an important piece of consumer information which really should have been made evident on their listing page for this release. The first I knew of a DVD disc was when I opened the package, as I assumed that it would just be a Blu-Ray

Seems like the prices go up, quality control drops. Couldn't convince myself to pay £23 for this, to think they've got the cheek to send out some orders in cardboard envelopes at that price is a complete farce.

Reactions: lolwut and Smisla
Has anyone received shipping confirmation from Amazon.co.uk yet? I'm wondering whether they still plan on honouring the initial pre-orders, or whether the version they are selling is different than the one Zavvi claim is an exclusive...

I noticed that the one I received from Zavvi contains both the DVD as well as Blu-Ray discs, so I am thinking that perhaps Amazon may be selling a version which comes with only the Blu-Ray disc. It's not unheard of for a title to have two identical-looking SteelBook releases at the same time, with only minor differences - Fast & Furious 6 springs to mind, where the version with the art cards was exclusive to Zavvi, so perhaps they can call this exclusive because it includes the DVD

Also of note is the fact that Zavvi make no mention of this release containing a DVD disc, which I think is an important piece of consumer information which really should have been made evident on their listing page for this release. The first I knew of a DVD disc was when I opened the package, as I assumed that it would just be a Blu-Ray

Amazon aren't selling this, it's a Zavvi exclusive.

Amazon aren't selling this, it's a Zavvi exclusive.

It appeared on Amazon.co.uk first. Many were able to pre-order for at least a week before Zavvi jumped on the bandwagon. Amazon orders are still pending on the order page, but have not been cancelled, which you would expect them to have done as soon as Zavvi gained the exclusive - leaving two possibilities: A) cancellation after the release day arrives; B) they are offering something different to the Zavvi version. After all, Zavvi are only offering 2,000, which means there are at least another 2k somewhere

I Pre-ordered this and should have it on Mon or Tue

Just shows you though not all 2000 Limited editions steelbooks end up as sold out

This been available to order from 22 Feb 2014 from Zavvi

It was for a while Sold Out then came back live was this due to lot of cancelled orders
as its been still available since then

I know its not a release that would be on everyone's wish list but shows you a print run of 2000 not going to always end up sold out quickly compared to the other 2000 print run releases timeframe

Last edited:
^The price would've put a lot of people off. I'm hoping to pick this up for a lot less than £22.99 further down the line. Thanks for the pics ricster.

Last edited:
It appeared on Amazon.co.uk first. Many were able to pre-order for at least a week before Zavvi jumped on the bandwagon. Amazon orders are still pending on the order page, but have not been cancelled, which you would expect them to have done as soon as Zavvi gained the exclusive - leaving two possibilities: A) cancellation after the release day arrives; B) they are offering something different to the Zavvi version. After all, Zavvi are only offering 2,000, which means there are at least another 2k somewhere

It was made unavailable at Amazon when the Zavvi listing went up suggesting that they would no longer be selling it. The remaining copies from this print run are being sold in France.

Got my dented copy of LEW N. DAVIS from good old Zavvi. Waiting reply for my full refund request. Without fear, I popped off the front and back and turned the spine right side up. Check out this PIC!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Reactions: Smisla
Got my dented copy of LEW N. DAVIS from good old Zavvi. Waiting reply for my full refund request. Without fear, I popped off the front and back and turned the spine right side up. Check out this PIC!

You have altered the steelbook by correcting the spine that's good and should have been that way in the first place

Zavvi most likely will ask for you to return the steelbook for replacement
I hope they don't notice the custom job you have done as they could then refuse your refund and replacement

Its better to wait to get your replacement before you do a custom alteration of any steelbook as they would be in a position to refuse you a refund or replacement

Reactions: lgans316
^or just put it back the way it was when he sends it back.

No need. Zavvi let's me keep all my damaged steel. I've never sent one back.

You have altered the steelbook by correcting the spine that's good and should have been that way in the first place

Zavvi most likely will ask for you to return the steelbook for replacement
I hope they don't notice the custom job you have done as they could then refuse your refund and replacement

Its better to wait to get your replacement before you do a custom alteration of any steelbook as they would be in a position to refuse you a refund or replacement

In really not crazy about the Steelbook so I didn't request a replacement, like I normally do. Instead I asked for a full refund, or credit.

Full refund for a return or to keep it? If it was me, I wouldn't mod the Steelbook unless I hear back as Zavvi can claim that the damage was caused by modding.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I did take a bunch of photos (with my business card in each shot, like always) before I corrected the spine. But yeah Zavvi didn't even try to counter offer they already just gave me the credit. I get to keep the steel.

I don't really feel bad about this because It is dented. Plus I do but tons of steels from Zavvi. $100's every month.

Reactions: paulboland
No need. Zavvi let's me keep all my damaged steel. I've never sent one back.

In really not crazy about the Steelbook so I didn't request a replacement, like I normally do. Instead I asked for a full refund, or credit.

I did take a bunch of photos (with my business card in each shot, like always) before I corrected the spine. But yeah Zavvi didn't even try to counter offer they already just gave me the credit. I get to keep the steel.

I don't really feel bad about this because It is dented. Plus I do but tons of steels from Zavvi. $100's every month.

Let us know what happens with this as I am in a similar position with a badly damaged copy and all they offered was a measly 10%! They usually ask for them sending back too.

Let us know what happens with this as I am in a similar position with a badly damaged copy and all they offered was a measly 10%! They usually ask for them sending back too.

My friend, the outcome was I got a Full Credit and I got to keep the Damaged Steel.

A hint of advice to you. When Zavvi responds to your Query, say something like:

*"thank you for the OFFER of 10% partial refund. BUT I MUST Decline"

Explain that you are a collector and that Damaged Steel is NO GOOD to you. It's worthless.

Say something like:

*"I would really perfer a Replacement if possible" OR "I would perfer a Full refund or Store Credit"

Then, of course...

*"Thanks for your time and consideration.

The usually have to prompt you with 3 basic replies:
*10% refund
*25% refund
And
*"on this occasion, we would like to inform you that you will recurve a replacement (or refund/credit) notification when your Replacment copy has shipped.

ORDER DESPATCHED

Good Luck :thumbs:

Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray SteelBook)(Zavvi Exclusive) [United Kingdom]

My friend, the outcome was I got a Full Credit and I got to keep the Damaged Steel.

A hint of advice to you. When Zavvi responds to your Query, say something like:

*"thank you for the OFFER of 10% partial refund. BUT I MUST Decline"

Explain that you are a collector and that Damaged Steel is NO GOOD to you. It's worthless.

Say something like:

*"I would really perfer a Replacement if possible" OR "I would perfer a Full refund or Store Credit"

Then, of course...

*"Thanks for your time and consideration.

The usually have to prompt you with 3 basic replies:

*10% refund

*25% refund

And

*"on this occasion, we would like to inform you that you will recurve a replacement (or refund/credit) notification when your Replacment copy has shipped.

ORDER DESPATCHED

Good Luck :thumbs:

Big difference getting to keep the copy is that you are in the US and not the UK. As the poster is in UK, it is cost effective for Zavvi to provide a returns slip.

I imagine 20% refund, or be told to send it back for a full refund.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches