snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: May 26th, 2014
Purchase link: Inside Llewyn Davis
Price: £22.99
Notes: Zavvi Exclusive Ultra Limited Edition Steelbook. Limited to 2000 Copies.

attachment.php

10915395-1392727177-373574.jpg

10915395-1392727177-373541.jpg

Attachments

• 10915395-1392727177-373579.jpg
    10915395-1392727177-373579.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 489
  • 10915395-1392727177-373503.jpg
    10915395-1392727177-373503.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 400
Last edited by a moderator:
i just cancelled mine. it's the first of the "ultra limited" steels from zavvi i will miss.

i just watched the film, and really enjoyed it, but i can't justify a double dip on a movie i already have (german digibook for a much lower price with much more extras and the bonus documentary), when the price is that high for a plain 1-disc edition with reversed title on spine and boring silver artwork, no matter how low the print run is.

Is there any news on this one being the 1 disc? Otherwise i'll cancel this one and order the French of German one with docu.

it says 1 disc @ zavvi, so i would not expect more than that. this was the reason why i cancelled yesterday - i got the german digibook including the doc. for just 18€, no need for a double dip on a rather dull looking steelbook that's 28€.
if the zavvi version turns out to have the soundtrack cd as a nice surprise, i still saved 10€ (compared to my german digi) which i'd rather spend on the vinyl record of the OST.

I ordered a copy from Zavvi as a precaution, which has been dispatched, but still wondering whether Amazon.co.uk are going to dispatch me a copy - and if so, will it be different to the one which Zavvi are claiming is an exclusive?

There are various comments at the beginning of this topic about one having a soundtrack CD and the other not. Has this been confirmed?

There is also discussion about the spine title being the wrong way around - do we know whether this has been corrected, or will we receive yet another upside-down spine title? There's absolutely no excuse for this to happen, and designers / publishers should be made aware that we DO NOT want this!

Since it's available for pre-order again, I'm wondering whether to order this...

...or not.

Seems pricey though.

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

Sod it, I've ordered it. Watched the trailer. Music sounds great.

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1158195225/

Plus Timberlake's sporting a fluffy beard and jumper combo and what's not to like about Jon Goodman!

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

Plus I had 4 reward points which took it down by 4p. Bargain!! ;)

Well that was a suprise,just received mine.It didn't come in the usual white zavvi steelbook box but one of the cardboard mailer they use for other products.No damage to the steelbook !!

That was quick delivery from zavvi though :thumbs:

Got mine - yet to open but a little underwhelmed. It's a blind buy though so not too fussed as I would have paid to see it at cinema had I found time.
BUT - may have to do my first steelbook mod as that spine will annoy thr heck out of my OCD :D

Yikes, bare metal, nearly blank back, backwards spine, DVD copy instead of bonus disc...one of Studiocanal's lesser efforts.

Only positive I can think of is the color inside art, which is almost unusual for them.

Reactions: Skog
Yup, seriously unimpressed that they came in an envelope. I ordered 2, 1 had a dent in it.

Same here, very lucky it got here in more or less one piece.

As pictures are already up I thought I would just share the one of my steel after a minor alteration :)

image_zps811245dc.jpg

Can you please take a pic of what the inside art looks like after the spine mod?