Iron Man 2 (Blu-ray Star MetalPak) (Target Exclusive) [USA]

Update 9/8: I heard from Metal Pak(TM) directly, that this is their product.-Digitalbabe

Updated 9/20-Digitalbabe-you saw it here first.

FYI- I received actual pictures of this Iron Man 2 Metal Pak-courtesy of Metal Pak (TM). Se below:

ironman2blueraycenterfi.jpg

ironman2flatblueraycent.jpg

ironman2blueraycenterco.jpg

**************UPDATE 9/22 - Andy **********************************
Disc 1 (Blu-ray):

* Feature film with optional commentary by Jon Favreau (HD)
* S.H.I.E.L.D. Data Vault (HD)- Extend your knowledge of the Marvel Cinematic Universe with high-level clearance into S.H.I.E.L.D.'s digital data vault. Interact with select scenes from the movie that include new layers of graphics and insider information. View case files, dossiers, S.H.I.E.L.D. training films, tech details and more.
* Previsualization and Animatics (HD)

Disc 2 (Blu-ray):

* Ultimate Iron Man: The Making of "Iron Man 2" (HD)
o Rebuilding the Suit-An all-encompassing look at the beginning stages of this mammoth blockbuster.
o A Return to Action-From Marvel Studios to the streets of Monaco, Jon Favreau takes viewers through the trials and triumphs of continuing Iron Man's story.
o Expanding the Universe-From the amazing sets of Stark Expo to Tony Stark's home and beyond, the Marvel Universe continues to unfold into new and exciting places.
o Building a Legacy-From filming to editing, scoring and visual effects, Favreau and his team face the challenges of bringing the sequel to the big screen.

* Featurettes (HD)
o Creating Stark Expo-A look at how the sets and computer-generated elements combine to create the massive set piece.
o Practical Meets Digital-How the "practical" props inform the "digital" work that ultimately brings our hero to life on screen.
o Illustrated Origin: Nick Fury-A comprehensive journey into creating one of the most mysterious and influential heroes in the Marvel Universe.
o Illustrated Origin: Black Widow-An exciting look at the new femme fatale introduced in "Iron Man 2."
o Illustrated Origin: War Machine-A look at the introduction of the character and how his friendship with Tony Stark resonates with fans.
o Working with DJ AM-Jon Favreau remembers working with Adam Goldstein.

* Deleted Scenes with optional commentary by Jon Favreau (HD)
o Alternate Opening
o Coulson at the Senate
o The Sub-Orbital Jet
o Tony's Workshop (extended)
o Natalie Wears the Gauntlet
o Flying Party Girl
o Mark II Security
o Element Rediscovered (extended)

* Concept Art Gallery
* Theatrical Trailers (HD)
* Music Video: AC/DC "Shoot To Thrill"

Disc 3 (DVD):

* Feature Film
* Digital Copy

Let the madness begin EEK!:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330452186286&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Iron man 2 selling as preorder on e(vil)Bay
!ByDY0Pg!mk~$(KGrHqMOKkEEwQOfWmnGBMQIUF4EOg~~_12.JPG

This is NOT MY LISTING and I don't know anything about it.
I cannot find a valid store selling them.
The UPC that they are listing does not jive with iron man 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that a real email from Target????!!!! OMG, ¡¡¡increible!!!

Even Blockbuster over here are commit to satifice clients and they have canceled me some orders when the Hurt Locker MX came with the factory defect scratches, they realized that was not a product for collectionists; shame on Target I placed a twitt with a video posted in other forum regarding damges, at least I got refund for shipping service.

Nice Dariusz! My copies came today and two were TROUNCED (I'd rather not share pictures) with massive compression dents (front and back).

The other two had loose trays - completely done.

Went to my Target to do an exchange - only 4 copies left - no visible dents, but they all have a small piece of floating plastic.

I hope my overseas friends are OK with that. :ohno:

The great thing is that the nearest Target besides my local 1 is a 45 minute drive 1 way. :(

Sorry to hear about that Andy. I was super worried when I saw the package this morning. I definitely think Target should have shipped these in a box. I actually ran out to Target for a second time because I noticed compression on the top of my other copy. Luckily the customer service clerk was really cool with me replacing the copies. I think it's hilarious that Target explained their rationale (on the packing slip) in putting these in Metal Pak's as opposed to steebooks. :hilarious:

They should have been steelbooks lol.

Is that a real email from Target????!!!! OMG, ¡¡¡increible!!!

Even Blockbuster over here are commit to satifice clients and they have canceled me some orders when the Hurt Locker MX came with the factory defect scratches, they realized that was not a product for collectionists; shame on Target I placed a twitt with a video posted in other forum regarding damges, at least I got refund for shipping service.

Darc, LOL-I pray he was kidding, and that e-mail was fake, hahaha!

I was wondering why my slip didnt mention it. Hahaha, Im cracking up over here :)

Sorry for any confusion guys - I made that text up. :oohyeah:

I'm just voicing my displeasure about these - I thought I might dodge a bullet when I got them in a box and they were all wrapped up like amazon.

The two that were really bad were on the INSIDE of the stack of 4.

How does THAT happen, I ask? :rolleyes:

I'll have to go to some other stores to find mint copies, but my hopes are not high. :(

Yeah Andy, Don't hold your breath. The two I got in the mail were trashed. I have now been to four targets, looked through over 40 copies, and only have three mint ones to show for it. And by mint I mean they have the little wierd bends and curves on the edges due to the manufacturing process.

Personally I would have thought they would have gone with a "IronPak" for "Iron" Man 2. Would have been a little stronger. These metalpacks are craptastic.

A friend of mine just picked up #159.

That's the lowest number I've heard of so far (besides #1, which might have been a hoax). EEK!

Mine is #3329. Target around Buffalo has tons of them. They all look good on the shelf, but when I open mine back at home, and peel off the backing sheet, the back of the case is pretty scuffed up with hairline scratches.... not very noticeable by glance but it still bugs me a lot! I guess the QC on these are next to none....

Just got my copy in the mail from a friend in the US. There are a lot of scratches at the back but you can't really see them unless under a light and a dent.

Last edited:
[Please don't move]Question about Iron Man 2 "Steelbook"

Hi, I recently got a copy of Target's exclusive Iron Man 2 steelbook. I was a little dissapointed with the spine. It's not like my other steelbooks. There is no plastic "thingy" with the title. I'm saying thingy cause I don't know the lingo.

Was anybody else surprised and disappointed by this? Or, was this simply a case of me being new and not know how to do my research before buying?

3 questions...

a.) Can you guys tell me what the lingo is regarding the spine, so that I would know how to ask around first before buying next time.
b.) Which Iron Man 2 steelbook out there has the more "usual" spine with the plastic thingy.
c.) Will target understand I bought for the steel case and not the movie? Will they accept a return after the shrink-wrapped have been opened?

I opened it because it never crossed my mine the spine was different until I lined it up with my others. :(

Hi Sirat-this one was actually a "Metal Pak". Please see the Ironpack/Metal pack forum for more info/reactions to this edition. The best thing to do is ask here or in the Ironpack/Metalpack forum. I have merged your post with the IM2 Thread in that forum.

I also sent you a PM. Here you can see the difference between Iron Pack, Metal Pack and Steelbook
http://blueraycenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3430

Last edited: