Release date: August 6, 2012
Purchase link: Iron Man (Sold-out)
Notes: Limited to 4000, Embossed

02.jpg

ironman_play.jpg 04.jpg
01.jpg 03.jpg

Official Hi-Def Ninja Video

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes sir, so glad this has been confirmed as a steel, hoping for new artwork or a revised design of the current FS one like I said elsewhere so it doesn't devalue that edition. Just hope Paramount see sense and follow suit like Fox and Universal and sell it for £9.99 :D

I think they classify any country within Europe as domestic. Anything outside of Europe would be international. Hence why they ship to Finland but not USA, Canada or elsewhere.

As long as there are people doing group buys here, this thing won't be as limited unless the run is very small.

Btw you guys are saying that Play.com doesn't ship internationally, but they do don't they?

I live in Finland and have ordered stuff from there a few times. And they should do it. It's so selfish to claim that they shouldn't so some Steelbooks would be more rare/valuable. Some collectors thinking only of themselves... :rolleyes:

Btw you guys are saying that Play.com doesn't ship internationally, but they do don't they?

I live in Finland and have ordered stuff from there a few times. And they should do it. It's so selfish to claim that they shouldn't so some Steelbooks would be more rare/valuable. Some collectors thinking only of themselves... :rolleyes:

They do ship internationally but only within Europe. However some US members think that Europe is a country and international specifically means the USA :rolleyes:

Reactions: gaeljet
Play are now owned by Rakuten who are worldwide but based in Japan. They also already own Buy.Com, who are american based. I believe they are testing the market with their new packaging first, and then (depending on the success of that trial) Iron Man will be the BIG ONE to get everyone's attention. The Terminator is the teaser to get everyone that side of the pond drooling about Play's products.

Time will tell as this is only my opinion and nothing else.

If embossed or debossed with clean artwork then this will sell extremely very well but I think it won't diminish the value of the FS Steelbook.

Yep I agree, the original FS will always hold its value. It will always be and continue to be the Holy Grail. I don't criticise the re-release because it is unfair for new collectors to pay between $300 - $500 just for an open one.

It also gives FS owners who have a sealed one to get to open an IM SB for once :)

at the end of the day we hardened collectors know the original 1st issue's are the ones to get and as long as the artwork is different there should'nt be much of a problem, on the bright side if value's of the original's do dip slightly it gives us mortals a chance because there's no way i'd pay the current going rate for iron man fs, wanted, or inglorious.

Play are now owned by Rakuten who are worldwide but based in Japan. They also already own Buy.Com, who are american based. I believe they are testing the market with their new packaging first, and then (depending on the success of that trial) Iron Man will be the BIG ONE to get everyone's attention. The Terminator is the teaser to get everyone that side of the pond drooling about Play's products.

Time will tell as this is only my opinion and nothing else.

Strange but I was thinking exactly the same thing. Again we could both be proved wrong.

They do ship internationally but only within Europe. However some US members think that Europe is a country and international specifically means the USA :rolleyes:

Sad but true!:naughty:

This might be easier, these are the lucky countries. (taken from Play)

Our FREE export delivery usually takes 7-10 days to the following countries

Andorra
Austria
Belgium
Cyprus
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Gibraltar
Greece
Greenland
Iceland
Ireland
Italy
Liechtenstein
Luxembourg
Malta
Monaco
Netherlands
Norway
Portugal
San Marino
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Vatican

Can't wait for this! Embossed/debossed would be great! Also, to weigh in on the debate this will have on the FS version; I think IM FS will always hold its value. Most collectors will still want to get their hands on the original.