attachment.php

524964_504552226273439_183147305_n.jpg

01.jpg

Price: $309.99
Release Date: February August 2014
Manufacturer: Hot Toys

Pre-Order - Sideshow
Pre-Order - Zavvi

With the highly anticipated release of Iron Man 3 just around the corner, Sideshow Collectibles and Hot Toys are proud to present the Iron Man Mark XLII MMS DIECAST Series Sixth Scale Figure. The second limited edition collectible figure in Hot Toys new DIECAST series is specially designed using diecast material for greater realism. The MMS Diecast series will bring fans a higher level of authenticity, focusing on materials, fine details and engineering.

The movie-accurate Iron Man Mark XLII figure is highly detailed and fully deployed, specially crafted based on the image of Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man Mark XLII, highlighting the highly detailed head sculpt, well equipped metallic red, gold and silver armor and light up functions
The Iron Man Mark XLII Sixth Scale Figure features:
Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Mark XLII in the movie
Battle damaged head sculpt with helmet, featuring authentic likeness of Robert Downey Jr. as Mark XLII
Alternate helmeted head with light-up function
Approximately 30 cm tall
Over 36 points of articulation
Special features on armor:
LED-lighted eyes and circle-shaped RT on chest (white light, battery operated)
One (1) interchangeable battle damaged mask
One (1) pair of damaged shoulder armor
One (1) chest armor
One (1) damaged chest armor
One (1) damaged biceps armor
One (1) pair of damaged forearm armor
Three (3) pairs of interchangeable palms including:
One (1) pair with improved articulation, movable fingers and light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)
One (1) pair of forceful fists
One (1) pair of battle palms with light-up repulsor (white light, battery operated)
Improved articulation on waist armor which allows for flexible movement
Fully deployed air flaps at back of the armor
Metallic red, gold and silver colored painting on armor
Batteries Included for Figure (Button Cell), Batteries NOT included for Figure Stand (Two AA Batteries Required)

Last edited by a moderator:
This will be the crowning addition to my phase 1 steelbooks. Diecast, I'm glad I held off getting the earlier editions now. :D

For anyone in the UK, I ordered from here -

Great price and they offer Sideshow style payment plans. Free P & P as well. :thumbs:

6 Months to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Decided to check on the status of my order this morning, only to find the following message....

Mother’s Basement has been forced to cease trading as and from Monday February 3rd 2014 due to financial difficulties.

Any customers who have outstanding orders with Mother’s Basement and haven’t received a dispatch confirmation or have previously requested a refund but have not received it are advised that you contact your card provider immediately to seek a full refund. If you paid by credit card and the order was over £100, your purchase is covered by section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. If you paid by credit card and the order value was under £100 or you paid by debit card, you are advised to place a chargeback with the card issuer to reclaim the funds. If you paid by Paypal, you are advised to contact PayPal or your card provider if the transaction was funded with your registered credit or debit card.

More information about Section 75 and chargebacks can be found by clicking here

Trade creditors of Mother’s Basement will be contacted individually by February 17th 2014

This sort of thing was in the back of my mind when I placed the order, but I decided to go for it. I've sent paypal an email, to see if I can get my deposit (at least I hadn't paid the balance yet) back, not holding my breath. :(

Decided to check on the status of my order this morning, only to find the following message....

Mother’s Basement has been forced to cease trading as and from Monday February 3rd 2014 due to financial difficulties.

Any customers who have outstanding orders with Mother’s Basement and haven’t received a dispatch confirmation or have previously requested a refund but have not received it are advised that you contact your card provider immediately to seek a full refund. If you paid by credit card and the order was over your purchase is covered by section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. If you paid by credit card and the order value was under or you paid by debit card, you are advised to place a chargeback with the card issuer to reclaim the funds. If you paid by Paypal, you are advised to contact PayPal or your card provider if the transaction was funded with your registered credit or debit card.

More information about Section 75 and chargebacks can be found by clicking here

Trade creditors of Mother’s Basement will be contacted individually by February 17th 2014

This sort of thing was in the back of my mind when I placed the order, but I decided to go for it. I've sent paypal an email, to see if I can get my deposit (at least I hadn't paid the balance yet) back, not holding my breath. :(

Sorry to hear that, is there another place in Scotland you can order from? If not you might try hitting up another US member to help you out.

Reactions: stephen3001
Thanks guys. Forbidden Planet do stock it, but they are £40 more expensive and combined with the lost deposit (slim chance of refund I think) that's £80 more.

Came across some more news about this here. Hope it's alright to post a direct link.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/02/04/mothers-basement-closes-owing-thousands/

At least I'm only down £40, some poor souls haven't been quite so lucky. One guys down £1,700, now that sucks supremly.

Well my last flex payment was to be on the 15th of this month, just got an email stating that the last payment will be a week and three days later; on the 25th. I guess the ship transporting these from HK veered off course or something. :squint: Well at least it's not another month or two. :cool:

Well it looks like it's official now, final payment confirmation for this Sunday and then they'll ship it. Man I've been waiting forever for this, I can finally see a light at the end of a long dark tunnel.

Reactions: ocielz
Well it looks like it's official now, final payment confirmation for this Sunday and then they'll ship it. Man I've been waiting forever for this, I can finally see a light at the end of a long dark tunnel.

Nice to hear :thumbs:
I'm still waiting on WM2 and IP to show up on this side of the pond.. UK/Europe are so far down the pecking order when getting these HT supplies .. just seems to take forever :sleep:

Man that sux that you have to wait so long. :sorry: Isn't the UK closer to HK than the US? You would think that you guys would get first dibs or at least a coordination with the US on release dates.

Well I don't think its a matter of distance. Compared to the US, UK/European sales are probably alot smaller for Hot Toys business. so after HK/China/Asia, its the US that get the next batches.
Also around half the UK retailers source their supply from Sideshow rather than from an Asian distributor, so hence the longer wait for us.

• Informative
Reactions: Lone Crusader