Is KOSM a scammer?!?!

larson1977

Premium Supporter
*** V I P ***
Mar 9, 2016
The Netherlands
MOD UPDATE - turns out King of Steel Media (@Kosm aka Matt) is most likely a scammer to some extent, so I urge people not to purchase from him. If you've been unfortunate enough to have done so already, then please make a claim through your bank/Paypal ASAP!

Hi All,

As I see more and more complaints about this reseller and have a issue myself with this guy, I was wondering what's going on, I ordered some 'in stock' items back in November;
Screenshot_20240403_111703_Shop.jpg

...And now still waiting for the refund as I wad done waiting and especially when this fella informed a couple weeks back that the OC of Tenet was NOT even in his possession. WTF?!?! And now I get these mails regarding these custom releases he's releasing himself...
How is it even possible if you cannot even manage forwarding 'in hand' items...

Last edited by a moderator:
So...

I messaged KOSM and Cinemuseum on Facebook about Salems Lot and also tagged Cinemuseum under KOSMs latest Facebook post.

Today I received the tracking information for my order. However, the Email came from cinemuseum and the shipping appearently is done directly by cinemuseum without KOSM. Strangely enough, Cinemuseum wrote under KOSMs post that they arent responsible for GB orders.

Well, as long as I receive my items at the end, I dont care who handles the shipping. I will post an update when the parcel arrives.

But right now it seems that atleast cinemuseum products ordered from KOSM will be shipped.

He may not be a scammer but it's not hard to come to that conclusion judging by the way he runs his GBs. He needs to keep people who send him money up to date on their purchases and not just stay silent. Some of these products take time to come to fruition and we understand that but that shouldn't be a reason to keep people in the dark.

Does anyone know the actual status of the UNFORGIVEN UHD Club edition (Colored Wood Box)? I was told by KOSM to expect it in December - 2023. He messaged me about a month ago asking for my address, which I assume meant he has the product in-hand. Still nothing and zero communication. It's too late to file a PP claim so my only recourse is to sit back and wait for it to drop out of the blue. Definitely not a way to run these.
He sells Unforgiven on his Ebay page, so I think he received the edition but didn't ship it. :D

He sells Unforgiven on his Ebay page, so I think he received the edition but didn't ship it. :D

So he's been kicked off of HDN and thus there's nothing the admin here can do to help resolve this situation? I'm out $189?? What a disgrace. How many people has he victimized? Not a good look for the site to be honest.

So he's been kicked off of HDN and thus there's nothing the admin here can do to help resolve this situation? I'm out $189?? What a disgrace. How many people has he victimized? Not a good look for the site to be honest.
Admins have been made aware, but I'm assuming @Wreck is busy at the moment, so will hopefully respond in due course.

That said, he'll no doubt only be able to tell folks the same as what myself and others have already suggested... to open a dispute through Paypal/your bank.

It's all finally coming out on Facebook now too. Heard a couple similar stories to this one from others who previously worked with him...

I have parted with almost £1500 for stuff I am yet to receive from him. This is just one item on the list. I can't believe he got me to join his team. We were there to put people off, stall them when they complained about not receiving stuff, keep promoting new offers while everyone was festering over the fact that they hadn't received old orders. I wasn't there long. Once I was behind the scenes, I could see how bad it was, and eventually I quit. That day he packaged up a box of 8 items I had been waiting for for months. But there was loads more outstanding. I sent him an email with an excel sheet itemising every order I had placed with him and monies paid, all dated, and asked for updates on it all. No reply. Even his lackies weren't getting their orders, so there was no hope for anyone else. Makes me so sad. He is probably the most disorganised businessman I have ever encountered.

Only thing I ordered from him was Weet's No Way Home. I had to write him to get it shipped, but I did get it, and it was less than Aniv (possibly less than direct), because there was no shipping charge, but I think that may have been a mistake on his part, but I was surprised that I had to send him info for him to find the order.

He replied to me earlier with this:

ALV-UjUgVb1GMWCMejncH8jz7gJT1FtWQghWkgB-LCXKfPdFtV-pTM8=s80-p

Michael​

9:27 AM (1 hour ago)

Hello

We do not steal money. There is no need to be accusative. We are just waiting for the main shipment to arrive from China. We have them imported via boat so that there is less interference with customs. We also ship the items in the order that people order and pay. This is only fair and also what can be managed considering this is an extremely small operation.

I feel a little better but still uneasy. Don't know how much of this is BS.

Even when he has responded in here he's not been the slightest bit helpful by the looks of it... some of his responses come across as quite snarky IMO. People are obviously frustrated and he's done nothing to reassure any of us.
In his defence probably not his fault he was dropped kicked as a baby he thinks a scamming is ok (jokes he's just a con artist) and karma is a *****

I feel quite torn about things still. The first thing I ordered from him in March did arrive. Granted it took over 2 months. And my second order which is still outstanding for over 3 months now, (and by far the most I've ever paid for something all at once...), I messaged him about a couple days ago, asking for an update or a refund as everything I've been reading on forums has got me extremely worried. I got an almost immediate reply saying he was waiting for another shipment from HDZeta and it might be a few more weeks. I thought I can stand to wait another few weeks, and he has delivered the only other time I ordered from him. The only thing is that it was a reply from a 'Michael', even though his name is Matt right? @Noodles posting about an employee of his trying to stall people has got me re-thinking. Noodles can I ask where you found that quote from? He wrote in his only real reply here last week that he's running everything to do with KOSM on his own, so I guess that's just a blatant lie? But then, he's now started selling things on ebay, so obviously he knows people have lost confidence in him, and ebay is a good way to ensure people can trust what he's selling, and that they will get their orders or a full refund, with all the protection that ebay offers. So I almost feel like he's trying to salvage his business and get his rep back on track. I also feel like I'm never going to get my hands on those LOTR sets any other way, so that's definitely adding to being in two minds. If he's just terribly disorganised as his former employee says, then that's not malicious and I feel like I'll get my order eventually, and for those sets, I'll happily wait a long time, but I guess this long stream of consciousness means I just wish this thread had been opened before I placed any orders with him :shipped:

Reactions: leelee17
I feel quite torn about things still. The first thing I ordered from him in March did arrive. Granted it took over 2 months. And my second order which is still outstanding for over 3 months now, (and by far the most I've ever paid for something all at once...), I messaged him about a couple days ago, asking for an update or a refund as everything I've been reading on forums has got me extremely worried. I got an almost immediate reply saying he was waiting for another shipment from HDZeta and it might be a few more weeks. I thought I can stand to wait another few weeks, and he has delivered the only other time I ordered from him. The only thing is that it was a reply from a 'Michael', even though his name is Matt right? @Noodles posting about an employee of his trying to stall people has got me re-thinking. Noodles can I ask where you found that quote from? He wrote in his only real reply here last week that he's running everything to do with KOSM on his own, so I guess that's just a blatant lie? But then, he's now started selling things on ebay, so obviously he knows people have lost confidence in him, and ebay is a good way to ensure people can trust what he's selling, and that they will get their orders or a full refund, with all the protection that ebay offers. So I almost feel like he's trying to salvage his business and get his rep back on track. I also feel like I'm never going to get my hands on those LOTR sets any other way, so that's definitely adding to being in two minds. If he's just terribly disorganised as his former employee says, then that's not malicious and I feel like I'll get my order eventually, and for those sets, I'll happily wait a long time, but I guess this long stream of consciousness means I just wish this thread had been opened before I placed any orders with him :shipped:
His name is actually Mike/Michael and Matt is his surname. The quote I posted was from a Facebook comment in another group, but I didn't want to share their identity here since the group is private. Said person didn't necessarily work for him though, they were basically just another unpaid supporter of KOSM who he "hired" to become a regular poster/helper in his FB group - similar to what myself and other Mods are for HDN I guess. So they had no actual input in how the business was run nor helped with shipping orders etc. As I mentioned in my previous post, they weren't the only ones I've heard from directly with similar stories... it all goes a lot deeper! To some extent I agree with what yourself and others have said about him getting in over his head and taking on more than he can chew, but now knowing what I know, most of the stories and excuses he's given are blatant lies and he's only himself to blame for the mess he's in (even with Manta). He's dug his own grave and now deserves to lay in it. Panic mode is clearly setting in and he's trying to claim back as much money as possible, hence the recent raffles/GFMs/eBay sales. I don't doubt a number of GB participants will eventually receive their orders, since he obviously needs to deliver to some extent to try and show he's at least doing something, in the hopes of keeping his business alive. But the fact he's blanking even his past main supporters regarding their outstanding orders and Manta parted ways with him due to his shameless acts should say it all really. Fingers crossed for you though!