Is KOSM a scammer?!?!

larson1977

Premium Supporter
*** V I P ***
Mar 9, 2016
The Netherlands
MOD UPDATE - turns out King of Steel Media (@Kosm aka Matt) is most likely a scammer to some extent, so I urge people not to purchase from him. If you've been unfortunate enough to have done so already, then please make a claim through your bank/Paypal ASAP!

Hi All,

As I see more and more complaints about this reseller and have a issue myself with this guy, I was wondering what's going on, I ordered some 'in stock' items back in November;
Screenshot_20240403_111703_Shop.jpg

...And now still waiting for the refund as I wad done waiting and especially when this fella informed a couple weeks back that the OC of Tenet was NOT even in his possession. WTF?!?! And now I get these mails regarding these custom releases he's releasing himself...
How is it even possible if you cannot even manage forwarding 'in hand' items...

Last edited by a moderator:
His name is actually Mike/Michael and Matt is his surname. The quote I posted was from a Facebook comment in another group, but I didn't want to share their identity here since the group is private. Said person didn't necessarily work for him though, they were basically just another unpaid supporter of KOSM who he "hired" to become a regular poster/helper in his FB group - similar to what myself and other Mods are for HDN I guess. So they had no actual input in how the business was run nor helped with shipping orders etc. As I mentioned in my previous post, they weren't the only ones I've heard from directly with similar stories... it all goes a lot deeper! To some extent I agree with what yourself and others have said about him getting in over his head and taking on more than he can chew, but now knowing what I know, most of the stories and excuses he's given are blatant lies and he's only himself to blame for the mess he's in (even with Manta). He's dug his own grave and now deserves to lay in it. Panic mode is clearly setting in and he's trying to claim back as much money as possible, hence the recent raffles/GFMs/eBay sales. I don't doubt a number of GB participants will eventually receive their orders, since he obviously needs to deliver to some extent to try and show he's at least doing something, in the hopes of keeping his business alive. But the fact he's blanking even his past main supporters regarding their outstanding orders and Manta parted ways with him due to his shameless acts should say it all really. Fingers crossed for you though!
what shameless acts caused manta to part with him? i thought its merely a licensing outside of HK issue?

@Kosm when are you changing your name JOSM?….
Jester of Steel Media.

Much more suitable for you

You ain’t no King. Certainly not a prince in this game either.

• Haha
Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
If I ever receive my Unforgiven Box/UHD Club from this guy I'll let out a big sigh of relief and consider myself lucky and move on. I'm not losing any sleep over a product I'll probably never actually get but it's still a cloud hanging over my head which I'll be needing for it to go away. I've seen pics of the box so it's definitely in the wind. It's not like it's been delayed by UHD Club.

If I ever receive my Unforgiven Box/UHD Club from this guy I'll let out a big sigh of relief and consider myself lucky and move on. I'm not losing any sleep over a product I'll probably never actually get but it's still a cloud hanging over my head which I'll be needing for it to go away. I've seen pics of the box so it's definitely in the wind. It's not like it's been delayed by UHD Club.
You mean this one he has listed on his eBay so very clearly has the item in hand... UNFORGIVEN - UHD CLUB 4K + BLU RAY WOODEN BOX SET # UC 27 - NEW & SEALED | eBay

• Wow
Reactions: Beersandblurays
Lol that's probably my copy.

He's surprisingly responsive lately...he's answered both of my last two emails within the hour. He now claims that the "boat" is due next week and shipping should begin shortly after. I think it's time to throw in the towel here :-(

I have ordered many uhd club editions from Kosm and received them all. So, fingers crossed you will receive. Sometimes I have received them before any other group buys, other times a delay. But I have always received my uhd club items. So I wouldn't throw the to well in just yet....

Reactions: BluMan Chu
It would be helpful if more people who've had positive experiences with KOSM post here to sort of deflect from the negativity a little. So far it's just been horror stories and hearsay.

@Noodles: so he's selling copies on Ebay...any chance these are part of an initial shipment that perhaps he had on hand? I did order kind of late in the game. Maybe I ordered during a "second phase" and that shipment just hasn't arrived yet. Dunno, I'm just throwing darts at a wall here.

It would be helpful if more people who've had positive experiences with KOSM post here to sort of deflect from the negativity a little. So far it's just been horror stories and hearsay.

@Noodles: so he's selling copies on Ebay...any chance these are part of an initial shipment that perhaps he had on hand? I did order kind of late in the game. Maybe I ordered during a "second phase" and that shipment just hasn't arrived yet. Dunno, I'm just throwing darts at a wall here.
It's not honest of him to sell a copy on Ebay when he's telling you to wait until the boat arrives to get yours.

Reactions: BluMan Chu

Kind of why I posted. I don't doubt that people have legit complaints. In my experience of using Kosm for 3yrs, I have received maybe 50-100 editions. I currently have a few group buys on order that he hasn't invoiced me for yet. I feel if he was pure scam, he would've billed to get the money to spend on something else.

How would this be helpful in the slightest? That’s excusing bad behavior by arguing “Well, sorry to hear that, but look at all these people that did receive their items!
Like, wut, we should be praising people for doing the very thing that they’re in business for?

How would this be helpful in the slightest? That’s excusing bad behavior by arguing “Well, sorry to hear that, but look at all these people that did receive their items!
Like, wut, we should be praising people for doing the very thing that they’re in business for?

Because if someone who's had a positive experience posts, I won't think of the Host as a total scumbag?

Because if someone who's had a positive experience posts, I won't think of the Host as a total scumbag?
But anybody who’s not received their orders and/or refunds already feels that way? What middle ground are you looking for, or trying to sway people towards? There’s no middle ground to be found in scamming people? What solace is there in “look, you might have not received anything, but I did.” Like, wut?

As it stands, the thread reads like he is 100% scammer and you're lucky if you receive an item. I added that in my experience I have always received my orders. I'm not praising, just balancing out for people that are being convinced that they are unlikely to receive their orders. Imo, I've always received my items. Sometimes early, sometimes after a few month delay. Point is, I have always received.

Reactions: hatredhorror
As it stands, the thread reads like he is 100% scammer and you're lucky if you receive an item. I added that in my experience I have always received my orders. I'm not praising, just balancing out for people that are being convinced that they are unlikely to receive their orders. Imo, I've always received my items. Sometimes early, sometimes after a few month delay. Point is, I have always received.
Even when you scam 1% you are a scammer imo

Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
Even when you scam 1% you are a scammer imo
I'm more comfortable with him making some bad business mistakes than go straight calling a scammer. BTW I'm not defending the lack of comms, how the Manta refunds were dealt with and individual cases of waiting many months for items to arrive. I just don't feel I have evidence to be sure enough to say he is a scammer.

Reactions: hatredhorror