YesAsia.com - US$44.99 Free International Shipping on 2014-05-26

Note : Same as ES version artwork.

big_3101308415346b177a1482.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 175
Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered from K-steelbook and received my item not in OCD condition, tried to get a replacement and I am being ignored even though first day I received it I email and they said they would makes things right as it was their mistake. I sent several emails days apart, it's been a week and i am being totally ignored.

There is a discoloration under Jack's Chin making the dark of the steel less dark size of a quarter, they said they would offere a replacement or a refund, I asked for replacement and nobody ever got back to me.

Worse customer service ever.

On the opposite I ordered something else from k2dvd and got wonderful customer service you see they really care about their customer as opposed to k-steelbook.

I cannot open a paypal case as this was a pre order and it exceeds 45 days, I'm stuck with not the OCD copy I had required(I had left a memo where they allow instructions to ensure to select me a flawless copy and apparently they didn't read it)

Worse customer service at a store, I am never buying at k-steelbook when it will be an item rare to find, well I'm never buying there again.

I guess this is the copy that will be opened... but I have to find another sealed one now grr and F#@$ k-steelbook even if in stock they will send the next one bent in half probably

Last edited:
I would think that more than likely their bigger customers would be the ones they let have the OCD steels over a small buyer. You do realize you are asking to be favored over everyone else by getting a PERFECT steel. There are so few perfect ones. I would say 20% is being overly optimistic as far as how many a run has on a given steel. What makes you so special to get the best ones over someone else. They are using their best judgment who gets what. Your not always going to be fed the best ones while others get the worst. That just insnt realistic.

If you are the type that takes a microscope out then I can assure you wont live very long in this game. It will stress you out to the max. MOst of us have accepted minor flaws. There really is no such thing as a flawless steel. They all have flaws if you look long and hard enough. Its whats upstairs that needs fixing.

In other words, take a chill pill and relax. YOu will live longer and feel better. Nonthing in this world is perfect and I have to say I have seen some of the most extreme cases of OCD in this hobby. IN fact I have seen many people crack under the pressure because it eats them up inside. It aint healthy and you just got to draw the line somewhere as you will never be happy if you don't.

Last edited:
No but when the is a quarter size under jack's chin that is paler than the rest of the steel and obvious, it's not right, well I'm gonna get my money back believe me and this is where I like buying from ebay, you can discuss and really can be an OCD collector. You pay a premium but it might be worth it. Furthermore, I placed orders at k2dvd and customer service is impeccable and they send flawless copies.

but in regards to your words of wisdom bellow I agree with you and I get taken over sometimes, well I'm sure you know what I mean... but you are absolutely right. i think I am too OCD, it can be good and bad, but what you said bellow is wise. I should take my OCD a notch less and allow flaws... but of course not when you buy from ebay lol

k2dvd though are amazing as opposed to k-steelbook.

In other words, take a chill pill and relax. YOu will live longer and feel better. Nonthing in this world is perfect and I have to say I have seen some of the most extreme cases of OCD in this hobby. IN fact I have seen many people crack under the pressure because it eats them up inside. It aint healthy and you just got to draw the line somewhere as you will never be happy if you don't.

---------- Post added at 04:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 AM ----------

you know reading you and I see myself, this has been eating me up and consumed my night last night and my morning/day...you are so right I will try to work on it, but I guess if you can do something about it you should get your OCD... but in this case where its sold out instead of being angry to the point that it eats me up, I should let it go and this is what I did, I opened my copy EEK!

Steelbook looks quite nice but the artwork is not the best i've seen overall hope its a great film will watch this before buying the item thanks for the pics mate.

Cheers...

Customer service from K2DVD has always been outstanding. The level of English spoken there seems very good, which probably helps. In my experience though, their copies are often not quite as pristine as those from k-steelbook or kimchidvd, as though they've had a rougher journey to get there. More tears and abrasions to the shrink-wrap etc. I thought at first it was just coincidence but it's happened a few too many times. Same with YesAsia. And that - along with price - is one of the reasons K2DVD is usually my last port of call for a purchase, despite the excellent CS.

hope its a great film

The steelbook is better than the movie, unfortunately.

Customer service from K2DVD has always been outstanding. The level of English spoken there seems very good, which probably helps. In my experience though, their copies are often not quite as pristine as those from k-steelbook or kimchidvd, as though they've had a rougher journey to get there. More tears and abrasions to the shrink-wrap etc. I thought at first it was just coincidence but it's happened a few too many times. Same with YesAsia. And that - along with price - is one of the reasons K2DVD is usually my last port of call for a purchase, despite the excellent CS.

The steelbook is better than the movie, unfortunately.

it's funny I get opposite experience... but I won't shop from those store anymore, being OCD as I am, will pay the ebay premium and deal with an OCD seller.

No but when the is a quarter size under jack's chin that is paler than the rest of the steel and obvious, it's not right, well I'm gonna get my money back believe me and this is where I like buying from ebay, you can discuss and really can be an OCD collector. You pay a premium but it might be worth it. Furthermore, I placed orders at k2dvd and customer service is impeccable and they send flawless copies.

but in regards to your words of wisdom bellow I agree with you and I get taken over sometimes, well I'm sure you know what I mean... but you are absolutely right. i think I am too OCD, it can be good and bad, but what you said bellow is wise. I should take my OCD a notch less and allow flaws... but of course not when you buy from ebay lol

---------- Post added at 04:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 AM ----------

you know reading you and I see myself, this has been eating me up and consumed my night last night and my morning/day...you are so right I will try to work on it, but I guess if you can do something about it you should get your OCD... but in this case where its sold out instead of being angry to the point that it eats me up, I should let it go and this is what I did, I opened my copy EEK!

I used to be just like you and it got very hard to even look at steels at one point. It started to consume my life to the point I had to have the best one so I always made sure to order at least 3 of each so I could possibly get a mint one and then that changed to 5 and higher. Sometimes I think we need to just stop for a second and think to ourselves what we are doing. Sometimes we collect too fast without thinking. Sometimes slow wins the race, but the pace at which a lot of steels are coming out we need to pick and chose what to get. It gets overwhelming.

Its too bad that the quality control at the scanavo level wasn't stricter so that the retailer doesn't have to make the call whether to ship it or not.

If I sounded harsh I am sorry I wasn't trying to tell you what to do, I was just speaking from my own personal experience as I see it as well from k-steelbook. Seems a lot of steels are dirty underneath the wrap that I get from them. I don't know whether they shrinkwrap them or if the distributor does but I just deal with it and try not to let it ruin my day too much.

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

A lot also has to deal with luck. Sometimes you get the best sometimes not. I wonder if all steelbook releases are handled the same and if they are shrinkw***** at different locations in Korea.

Does anyone know the answer to this?

I wonder if all steelbook releases are handled the same and if they are shrinkw***** at different locations in Korea.

Does anyone know the answer to this?

shrinkw*****? I liked how the forum blocked the word **** from your misspelling :D

But it didn't block it when it typed it out without the 'd' :hilarious:

Reactions: blu-steel
I used to be just like you and it got very hard to even look at steels at one point. It started to consume my life to the point I had to have the best one so I always made sure to order at least 3 of each so I could possibly get a mint one and then that changed to 5 and higher. Sometimes I think we need to just stop for a second and think to ourselves what we are doing. Sometimes we collect too fast without thinking. Sometimes slow wins the race, but the pace at which a lot of steels are coming out we need to pick and chose what to get. It gets overwhelming.

Its too bad that the quality control at the scanavo level wasn't stricter so that the retailer doesn't have to make the call whether to ship it or not.

If I sounded harsh I am sorry I wasn't trying to tell you what to do, I was just speaking from my own personal experience as I see it as well from k-steelbook. Seems a lot of steels are dirty underneath the wrap that I get from them. I don't know whether they shrinkwrap them or if the distributor does but I just deal with it and try not to let it ruin my day too much.

You are not too harsh, actually it's the opposite I appreciate your words of wisdoms. I see a lot of myself in what you are saying. I go crazy on releases I love, well it's no secret bought so many Frozen kimchi, way too much and I see a pattern now, I need to have many copies from many country that I love. But I am stepping back a bit. I overdip if you could say... but it's difficult because on a bookshelf to see many Thors from Taiwan is sooo beautiful that it gives me a rush... ok that one wasn't very expensive but when you want the same look with Frozen that's where the problem starts.

But I'm learning, knowing what I know now, and also what you are telling me is changing my approach. I got carried away with Snowpiercer and got Type A when after looking at it I wasn't interested anymore. Trying to see if Tony can cancel Type A from my order without loosing type B and C but Mr. Choi told me he doesn't think that Tony will be able to do that. I don't want to cancel my order as I wanna keep b and C but I'm realizing by getting overwhelmed and getting that rush of that kimchi buy, I bought something I didn't want nor needed. So I wasted 100$ which I could have used for food....so now seeing this another mistake, I'm learning that I need to only collect for what I love, not because it's another Kimchi. I guess I get excited at times and just want more than what I need. But I need to make changes and especially with my emotions as you stated because that k-steel thing was eating me. Being ignored by a company is not right but at the end of the day if I get angry I am the one suffering. I guess the game of collecting steelbook goes much deeper than what we think.

Its so easy to get excited in this hobby. Its like a drug. The rush you get from pre-ordering and then when the package arrives it feels like Christmas 12 months a year. I still have a hard time deciding if I should or shouldn't order. I feel like I need them all, but that is impossible in this day and age with Europe releasing so many. Need to just pick and chose and sometimes that means only getting the good movies.

I'm realizing by getting overwhelmed and getting that rush of that kimchi buy, I bought something I didn't want nor needed. I'm learning that I need to only collect for what I love, not because it's another Kimchi.

At least you're learning buddy. :thumbs: I decided long ago that I had no desire to own all of Kimchi's releases and it's made it easy for me to pass on 3 of their last 4 releases.

Its so easy to get excited in this hobby. Its like a drug. The rush you get from pre-ordering and then when the package arrives it feels like Christmas 12 months a year.

I definitely enjoy the rush of purchasing a quality Blufans, Kimchi, etc. You're right about the anticipation of its arrival and the joy you receive when you finally receive it. :LOL: Being picky has saved me a lot of money because I see multiple steels every week that I would never own, and yet others go crazy over them. Lately I've limited my purchases to only Asian releases, but even then, I don't buy every one that comes out.

I did pass rush because I didn't like their choice of allocation, print run too high... unappealing to me... but this one wanted but I got caught up in the excitement and bought also Type A which I didn't want... so I am learning, it's not because kimchi goes live that I have to buy every single exclusive...it's a learning process...

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

but to those who saw the pics I did go crazy on Frozen, I don't know what happened to me I lost my head... all the ones I purchased were at a premium and a high one so I have a big debt for those... I should sell some but I have hunted such great numbers and I can';t bare to let some go... it's really a rush, an obsession.