Price: NT$ 1,180
Buy links: Na

jackryansb1.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 184
Last edited by a moderator:
Which shop? I am on vacation in Taiwan and I would like to check out a store with actual steelbooks on the shelf. Hopefully it's near a MTR station since I have to travel around using public transportation.
i'll pm you some shop near by so you can go and take a look. :D

by the way, i heard this one would be more rare in Taiwan than RoboCop(2014) Steelbook.

Which shop? I am on vacation in Taiwan and I would like to check out a store with actual steelbooks on the shelf. Hopefully it's near a MTR station since I have to travel around using public transportation.

I think you should check from the web, because Taiwan disc store not easily to find, if you in Taipei, I know at least two stores near Ximending MTR station, you can going to Ximending then ask someone, Ximending is the location you must go when you travel to Taipei:naughty:, also, I know one inside the MTR Taipei station, I think you can ask someone when you arrived the station, hope can help!:thumbs:

store is goMovie

Haha! Not really! The sticker mean the steel with come with GoMovie online movie web experience ticket:naughty:.

Can you guys help out a newb and explain why this would be any more desirable than the Entertainment Store Exclusive limited to 1k copies cause you seem very excited about this one? I don' t have any experience in Asian Steels other than Blufans and Kimichi Exclusives so help me out cause the front looks identical. I also had a chance to snag a 2nd copy from Kimichi but there description just said limited and only a small pic of the front so I have no idea what I was buying, never bought anything but there exclusives where you can see a lot of pics. The Kimichi Cover looked the same as both the Ent Store and Taiwan Versions. Is there a reason why you would choose to get the Taiwan Version over the Entertainment Store Exclusive and what copy was Kimichi selling? Sorry for so many ?'s just answering one would be helpful and much appreciated.

As long as it goes OOS it should raise in value much more than the ES version because of rarity and the fact it is more exotic looking.

But the ES exclusive was only a 1K print run and wasn't cheap it sold out real quick? So if we exclude blufans and kimichi exclusives which are almost always worth more. Asian Steels are worth more than most UK and US Steels Exclusives in general?
I found a copy of it on yesasia.com for $54.99 but the cover looked different I would be surprised if there are multiple Taiwan versions of Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit Steelbooks but you guys are the ones that know. I've only been collecting for less than a year and you gentleman are on another level as far as I'm concerned hopefully some of that knowledge will rub off on me, my collection needs to be broader. Here is the link I found for the Taiwan Steel. I want to ask more but I'll end this I've already written to much.

http://www.yesasia.com/us/jack-ryan...-taiwan-version/1035602314-0-0-0-en/info.html

Every Asian Jack Ryan is much rare than Robocop. not only TW but also HK and KR.

sent from Galaxy S4

In other words ... Asia in its entirety took a lot less qty of Jack Ryan than they did Robocop. And I bet globally Jack Ryan is a lot less qty than that of Robocop too. The steel itself tho probably still a healthy amount due to other Countries ... UK... who else? Anyone? I haven't kept up.... Germany?

Well, besides Taiwan, Korea and UK, there are Japan, Czech Republic, Germany and Hong Kong. There are more countries releasing Robocop 2014 for sure.

So even a Jack Ryan SR 1K print run ES steel exclusive that sold out in 4-5 hours is worth less than the Taiwan regular Steel that I can just snatch up from yesasia right now? Pretty nuts. Some of that might be taste. But I think I certainoy should have more Asian steels besides just Blufans and Kimichi. Only other Asian Steel I have are both Plain Archive The Wrestler Exclusives.

Not necessarily saying its worth less ... there is also the fact that most all Asian steels will cost more than a US/Uk steel once it arrives at your door. So its hit and miss on which are worth the extra spending to obtain ... if we're just talking value a lone that is...

Reactions: Jaxxx
I am a collector, I've collected baseball, basketball cards you name it I've collected it in the past but currently I just collect a few choice comics and Steels. So I am a sucker for a limited edition but only if the movie was at least above average, or I like the actor, something like that and most importantly I would sit down and watch it. This one snuck though I didn't have to have this one like say the Rush Kimichi Exclusive that was just out the other week, I was lucky enough to get both exclusives despite the server logjam. I already know I need to cut down my spending on these and if I could go back I might have let this one go but I learned something and will take a look at the Asian Steels more often. Thank you all the information I really did learn a thing or two.

Received this today, shipped Thursday and arrived today, Wow!!

I have not posted pictures for donkey years but thought I'd share this comparison shots... I quite like it, especially the spine, wish they omitted the top blue banner, would've made it much better IMHO. Couple of shots of it and KR version side-by-side {should really put it in my Side-By-Side Picture Comparison Thread :p}

Last edited by a moderator: