Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Walmart Exclusive) [Canada]

This one is too expensive after it's all said and done to import it to the USA. I ordered the Korean one and I may cancel that one too since the amaray is only $12.99!

My brother bought this today and showed it to me and I was like WTH I didn't know about this release.

If anyone is wondering about the film itself, I saw it in theatres and to be honest its nothing special, just a regular spy thriller type movie.

Reactions: nexor
Pics! Quality isn't great, but you get the idea.
Wouldn't have found out about this release if it wasn't for HDN, love this forum! :thumbs:

lQUKFnm.jpg

r7UyXlq.jpg

Thanks for the early notice Walmart Canada :rolleyes: Glad it's inferior (in my view) to the UK one or I'd be upset.

Future Shop does a much better job with steelbooks (and I'm not just saying that because I work there). Glad to see Paramount seems to have switched from Walmart to FS for upcoming steelbooks.

I kind of Love it when this happens. It rarely does. I can only think of a couple times where a Steelbook is released with no warning and it's always a fun little surprise. Imagine showing up at walmart having no clue this was available, browsing the blu-rays when you come across this! As a HDN Steelbook collector it would have blown my mind. haha

Thanks guys for the heads up. Went this evening and picked up a copy for myself.

It's ridiculous that the SteelBook blu-ray combo is $11 more than the regular blu-ray combo -- $14.97 from June 10 -12. :angry:

I got mine last night (SteelBook) for $14.97.

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

I went to 2 stores, all the copies either had paint chips/scratches on the back edges or this weird dirt/scratch mark on the bottom. Some are also dented

That's rubbish. You must have poor quality control at your stores.

I was at one store last night and all copies were fine. There were some tears in the shrinkwrap but that's about it.

No quality control issues, and I also own the ES exclusive too.

I would love to say that my ES version is leaps and bounds better, but the truth is that it isn't. Except for the embossed border, there is not really any difference. This Walmart version is a steel/steal and a boon for those in Canada who can find it.