Japanese Anime Fans, do u want more Anime Steelbooks?

do u want more Anime Steelbooks?

• Yes

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
specifically asking if u already have a general passing appreciation or you're a hardcore fanboy of the genre - how about saying what anime u wld like to see a Steelbook of? or to know more about what anime might make a good steel?

In the uk Manga Entertainment seem to have the monopoly & their catalog of bluray tittles is pretty lame compared to USA and thier dvd releases. But lately its been getting a lil better. We ofc had the fantastic Akira steelbook a few years back and the awesome Ninja Scroll in 2012 (which is still available btw so go buy it while its cheap and not oos like akira if u havent already)

But still manga uk have some other good anime movies which would make excellent steelbooks if done as a limited 4k run, instead of the bazillion copies they printed for Akira & Ninja Scroll. :squint:

Maybe even Studiocanal might stick around and do more after the 3 Studio Ghilbi steels come out

Anyway goin buy what is already licensed in the UK, which i think has enough crossover appeal, and sticking mainly to high quality anime movies rather than shows, i got:

Ghost In The Shell 2.0 / Ghost In The Shell: Innocence
(seminal anime cyberpunk which heavily inspired The Matrix series. Both movies in 1 release less risky for seller & more attractive to buyers)

Street Fighter II: The Movie
(classic from back in the day, now uncut and ofc the videogame has a huge ww following. New uk BD release from last month too)

Afro Samurai - Complete Murder Sessions
(actually made for USA/UK market despite being animated & produced in Japan. starring Sam L Jackson & Lucy Lu)

Perfect Blue
(currently a preorder for end of oct. surprised this wasnt their official steelbook for 2013 as its their big classic anime BD release for the year)

...there are other films currently releasing in parts which i thnk wld be better collected into a steel when the run of films is over, like Evangelion, Berserk & Marduk Scramble.

ofc this is just what i have spliced from lookin at some of what already licensed in uk crossed with my own tastes - plz ignore all politics & just say what anime YOU really want a steelbook of! :thumbs:

thanks for reading :oohyeah:

I'd definitely buy but it would need to be the right titles - Ghost in the Shell 1 and 2, Stand Alone Complex and some of the other classics but not the newer, non-Ghibli titles.

Reactions: SaberTooth
Ghost in the Shell, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Berserk, Hellsing, Death Note, Fulll Metal Alchemist, Afro Samurai, Cowboy Bebop, Elfen Lied and many many more.

i also would love a steelbook for shengeki no kyojin (attack on titans) its a new anime series and absolutly superb but as far as i know there is only a buray release in japan for now. for those who dont know this series, watch it now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on what titles, a definate yes from me.

say what U WANT personally or it might nevr happen ;)

Ghost in the Shell, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Berserk, Hellsing, Death Note, Fulll Metal Alchemist, Afro Samurai, Cowboy Bebop, Elfen Lied and many many more.

i also would love a steelbook for shengeki no kyojin (attack on titans) its a new anime series and absolutly superb but as far as i know there is only a buray release in japan for now. for those who dont know this series, watch it now!

Thanks for the trailer :thumbs: thats a new series to me for sure - i'm not a fan of watchin anime online at all (my anime has to be HD & on my big TV or no watch) but i really hope it gets a BD release here. looks great.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see more, especially for the select anime films that I really enjoy (all the Studio Ghibli films, Vampire Hunter D, Ghost in the Shell, Blood: The Last Vampire :scat:).

I really, really want to vote no, but only because I already have so much time and money in steelbooks. If they started (regularly) releasing anime titles, it would be a huge problem for me financially.

I really wish I were kidding.

^^ well its probly unlikely to go crazy with anime releases here in the uk at least, our main distributor is sooo bad at releasing any anime on BR (can u belive im still saying that in 2013?), let alone steelbooks lol - I think it wld be just more of the top-drawer releases more often rather than a Tsunami of different series every week ;) u should be alrite :)

I'd like to see more, especially for the select anime films that I really enjoy (all the Studio Ghibli films, Vampire Hunter D, Ghost in the Shell, Blood: The Last Vampire :scat:).

Such a good anime - Bloodlust is one of the best more recent underrated anime movies i have seen. Directed by the same dude who did Ninja Scroll too, and voice primarily buy western actors like Afro Samurai :thumbs: - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust wld make such a great steal, too bad there's no BD license in uk for it cuz manga entertainment are so freakin cheap :BS:

Reactions: tridon
Such a good anime - Bloodlust is one of the best more recent underrated anime movies i have seen. Directed by the same dude who did Ninja Scroll too, and voice primarily buy western actors like Afro Samurai :thumbs: - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust wld make such a great steal, too bad there's no BD license in uk for it cuz manga entertainment are so freakin cheap :BS:

Bloodlust is absolutely EPIC! I'd love a SteelBook of that! :scat:

^^ Tell me about it. there are loads of others i hadda leave out of my OP because there's no uk BD license for it, but maybe through an exclusive retailer limited run they culd get new licenses sorted? Either that or USA or France/Germany can start rleasin anime steels :thumbs:

Attack on Titans and most definitely HIGH SCHOOL OF THE DEAD!!!! still waiting on season 2 for HSTD :D Street Fighter The Animated Movie would make a great steelbook

still sealed, but next on my to watch list :cool:

t4o7LYK.jpg

This is what i mean by manga uk gettin a lil better recently. so its certainly possible a uk steel culd be done of HSOTD :thumbs:

Samurai 7 and Samurai Champloo!

i need to see both of these, always thought they looked cool

Last edited: