Jaws (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (The Film Vault Range) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: July 29, 2024
Purchase links: Vice Press - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV (Pre-order from Monday April 15)
Price: £49.99 (Vice Press Exclusive Poster Edition) - £29.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - HMV)
Notes: Vice Press Exclusive Poster Edition limited to 300 - Hand numbered archival pigment print on 250gm Naturalis Absolute White Matt archival paper.

Jaws.jpg

jaws-film-vault-steelbook-poster-matt-ferguson-florey.png

Last edited:
Lets be real, this isn't about our views, it's about what WB will release based on their own policies. WB, the same studio that are so anal they insist on listing the entire cast and production credits on the rear of every bloody steel lol

Don't delude yourself that anything said here about it will make the slightest difference. They'll release exactly what they want to release. It's best to be realistic about it, and the reality is the PET has a printed back, so it'll have a printed bbfc on the spine.

So, yes, I am thankful the PET doesn't have a bbfc on the front, as the mondos WB released just a few months ago did.

P.s blue banner can suck my dick. Genuinely the worst idea anyone ever had :rofl:
Of course, everything right you said.

But @VicePress could nevertheless ask WB about the spine without a BBFC logo. Even if it’s only a 0.0001% chance.

That was leftover from the HD DVD times, to differentiate the formats 'at a glance'. Same why we still have those blue amarays and not everyone is using white Scanavo cases with full front available for the art.
Yeah i know, it was still a god awful idea to print them on steelbooks though.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
I have the Black Rain SteelBook with the original poster art and I love it with the blue banner on the front and the information printed on the back. I think it looks great! :happy:
If they're watching you, and you need help, just praise your Prime Minister, everyone will understand...
Suspicious Weighing Options GIF by Law & Order

I have the Black Rain SteelBook with the original poster art and I love it with the blue banner on the front and the information printed on the back. I think it looks great! :happy:
You shouldn’t be allowed on this forum. That’s all I’ve got to say

I can't tell you how much I adore Black Rain. It's my guilty pleasure film. We NEED a new remaster.
The film was a massive hit; people assume it bombed, it didn't, made 5x it's budget of 30 million according to sources.
The opening - Gregg Allman singing "I'll be Holding On" as Douglas rides his bike under the New York bridges. Fantastic stuff.
Plus I adore anything Japanese or Japanese themed.

I get why you love that steel. It's the film.

It's very hard to tell if there's a heap of irony piled on here, but that's one of the worst kind of steels. May as well be a amaray.

Could be worse I guess, if it'd been released in the UK at the same time it'd have BBFC age ratings on the front/side/rear.

Except this is the amaray in Canada. Awful.

Black Rain.jpg

This German SteelBook with the original poster art is so much better. I really like that shine. :happy:

20240417_170702.jpg

I can't tell you how much I adore Black Rain. It's my guilty pleasure film. We NEED a new remaster.
The film was a massive hit; people assume it bombed, it didn't, made 5x it's budget of 30 million according to sources.
The opening - Gregg Allman singing "I'll be Holding On" as Douglas rides his bike under the New York bridges. Fantastic stuff.
Plus I adore anything Japanese or Japanese themed.

I get why you love that steel. It's the film.

I saw this at least twice in the theatre when it was released. This is easily my favourite Ridley Scott film.

35th anniversary this year. I love the soundtrack as well. I still listen to the CD. Score by Hans Zimmer. Love the Gregg Allman song and Iggy Pop's "Living on the Edge of the Night" as well as UB40's "The Way You Do The Things You Do".