Jaws (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (The Film Vault Range) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: July 29, 2024
Purchase links: Vice Press - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV (Pre-order from Monday April 15)
Price: £49.99 (Vice Press Exclusive Poster Edition) - £29.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - HMV)
Notes: Vice Press Exclusive Poster Edition limited to 300 - Hand numbered archival pigment print on 250gm Naturalis Absolute White Matt archival paper.

Jaws.jpg

jaws-film-vault-steelbook-poster-matt-ferguson-florey.png

Last edited:
The email I received said just Apollo 13 was cancelled off the order but the entire order (Bladerunner and Jaws)is gone when I check on Amazons site. (n)

Have to try and find somewhere else with them still in stock I suppose.

I have Jaws, Blade Runner and 2001 ordered with Amz, they all are still there, not cancelled, yet...(i preordered with HMV as well as a precaution, may have been a wise decision..)

Just out of interest, I ordered these apparently between 1.30-2am in the early morning on the Monday 15th April. I'm a uk prime member if that makes any difference.

Will keep an eye on these if Amazon are playing funny buggers...

Had one cancelled which was early order and one which was later order, so no idea why both cancelled (jaws/blade runner).
This is only going to make people order from everywhere more so and have copies from HMV, Zavvi and Amazon in the future.

Wow, I've heard of some orders disappearing from Amazon, and once it happened to me as well, but that was a 'price error' order.
This is massive and very appalling.
Glad I ordered the couple I wanted directly from Film Vault...

Unfortuntely, cancellation with no pre-notice and just by vanishing from the orders list has become a common practice for amazon.es since more than a year now.
Anyway, i just checked my order list in Amazon.uk and all the steelbooks for this new batch coming are still there. But, just in case, I have placed additional orders for my two most important ones (Jaws and Blade Runner with posters and titles in English, i.e. "import") through fnac.com.

Last edited:
So you all think amazon will put these back up for preorder as it seems everyone has had it cancelled, must be an error. In the past I have had quantity reduced with an email but never this.

So you all think amazon will put these back up for preorder as it seems everyone has had it cancelled, must be an error. In the past I have had quantity reduced with an email but never this.
Not all were cancelled, my orders are still there, but I did order very early on the monday (1.30am..), so maybe Amazon are cancelling due to overselling and including overseas pre-orders (which they supposedly don't do, until in stock).

I just don't know, it appears random in some respects.

I've got 6 still on preorder at Amazon as of this morning.
Is this happening randomly you think?

BTW - I ordered within a few minutes of them going live. Very odd :cyclops:

I spoke to a really nice woman at Amazon and she said they have been told they simply don't have enough stock to fulfil all the orders taken.
She has also raised internally why they didn't send email cancellation notifications for all ordered that were cancelled.

Just checking my order confirmation emails from Amazon and my orders were at 08:44 am so anyone who got orders in during the early hours will be safe.

I placed an order for Jaws and Blade Runner at 06:30 (UK time) on the 15th; the order is still active.
... maybe Amazon are cancelling due to overselling and including overseas pre-orders (which they supposedly don't do, until in stock).
Items not immediately available for pre-order to international shipping addresses occasionally (rarely) happens, but not with this set of Film Vault steelbooks; they were available for pre-order to international addresses.