Just started

Jan 29, 2013
Hey guys I've just started collecting blu ray movies last Christmas 2012 I've got 10 movies so far 2 steel books 1 trilogy collection and the rest is regular blu ray movies I'm getting the Bourne trilogy on steel bookend the Bourne legacy from target this weekend so my question is what steel book or steel books should I get without breaking the bank

I would also check amazon.de, I bought like 5 of them last week for 65.00 US shipped. And welcome to the forum. You have no clue what you have gotten yourself into my friend.

There are literally hundreds of steelbooks out there from all over the world. It comes down to movie tastes and one's budget. I suggest Alliance or Warner waves. They tend to be reasonably priced and usually include great artwork too

Good luck and welcome :)

And when ordering from foreign amazons .. WB and Universal are region free so the movies will work in your player. Other movies you have to check out threads here in the forum to see if region free etc.

It seems you are from USA, so also all that is from North America (USA/Canada/Mexico) are in your region too. As well as Asia.

http://www.yesasia.com has some steels, kinda pricey but that includes shipping to USA.

The steels currently in Best Buy besides (spiderman, sherlock holmes 2) are really some of the worst in regards to a premium quality steelbook. So like most USA folks you'll have to import or wait for the next USA wave and hope for the best like us. :) The Target ET, Jaws, and Bournes are a bit nicer tho.

There are literally hundreds of steelbooks out there from all over the world. It comes down to movie tastes and one's budget. I suggest Alliance or Warner waves. They tend to be reasonably priced and usually include great artwork too

Good luck and welcome :)

this is the best advise I have read so far , for any one coming into this Brutal Hobby ..

dont rush in ~ just Listen to Elvis ~ Only Fools Rush in !!!

have a good read, some of them threads have been put up already ..

Decide what you are Collecting for ??

to Watch them or to sit them on a shelf to look pretty ??

Keep a few things in Mind !!

dont know much about yah Personal Life, But Wife & Family Must come first ! so If not much $$ coming in !! Set a weekly / mOnthly spend on steelz !!!!!

but really dont listen to much of what 1 or 2 guys tell you !! , ask many guys advice !! .. trust me !! its very different !! get a general consensus of opinions as, all Collectors Collect , for lost of different reasons !!

Most of all, look all over this web site mate :) there is some awesome members on here , who you will never even know exist , unless you go to different areas !!

Mods & Staff are prob , some of the Best in the business , and trust me , the members wellbeing is what has consolidated this Website as 1 of the best out there !!

ENJOY :drool: & welcome :D

Welcome Viper, I'm Kay and also pretty new here. I joined a couple of weeks ago and have already had the pleasure of buying a trading with a couple of members. HDN is a great source of information for us blu/steelbook collectors and most of all, fun.

Like Daz, I would also say set yourself a budget. This hobby is verrrry addictive and it's so easy to go overboard and keep spending hundreds of $$$ on movies. Start by trying to find your favourite movies on steelbook if that's what you're into and decide for yourself what you feel it is worth of your hard earned cash. Titles are worth different amounts to different people depending on income, expenses etc. Some will spend a maximum of $30 on a single steelbook, others will be willing to spend $100. We're all in different boats. :)

Reactions: Wreck
Hey Viper, welcome to the forum. I'm pretty new too, but addicted to this site! The best advice - watch your money. You know what you can afford but it's easy to break the bank for one elusive steel especially when you've got someone trying to persuade you to buy it. If you miss a bargain it's not the end of the world, your personal circumstances must come first.

Welcome Viper. Pretty new here as well but already had a collecting habit. The best advice I can give is to shop around. Amazon sites in Europe are the best for us in the US. Also don't buy in to the hype. There are so many great members here but as in society, there are scalpers as well. From my experience, Ebay auctions are a good place to begin collecting titles you do not have. Most importantly make friends who will help you with oversees stuff at cost. You would do the same for them. Take it easy and I hope you enjoy yourself here. Good luck.

When you feel like going Asian I can help you out.

I always thought you were a pimp, that explains a lot. :naughty:

OT: Welcome to the forums mate, eBay is good for getting OOP titles and if you are clever about it you can get them at reasonable prices! Also, when you get to over 30 posts (no spam) you can check out the steelbook sales & trades forum and the vast amount of steels on sale in this community!

Good luck!!! :)

Last edited: