Just started

Jan 29, 2013
Hey guys I've just started collecting blu ray movies last Christmas 2012 I've got 10 movies so far 2 steel books 1 trilogy collection and the rest is regular blu ray movies I'm getting the Bourne trilogy on steel bookend the Bourne legacy from target this weekend so my question is what steel book or steel books should I get without breaking the bank

And when ordering from foreign amazons .. WB and Universal are region free so the movies will work in your player. Other movies you have to check out threads here in the forum to see if region free etc.

It seems you are from USA, so also all that is from North America (USA/Canada/Mexico) are in your region too. As well as Asia.

http://www.yesasia.com has some steels, kinda pricey but that includes shipping to USA.

The steels currently in Best Buy besides (spiderman, sherlock holmes 2) are really some of the worst in regards to a premium quality steelbook. So like most USA folks you'll have to import or wait for the next USA wave and hope for the best like us. :) The Target ET, Jaws, and Bournes are a bit nicer tho.

Bad Ninja Bad. You threw me for a loop I was like wait they never did a Target Jaws steelbook so I ran off to target.com and I was right. Is this in the works then?

Welcome buddy. Every member could pick out lots of different steels that they personally like so its a difficult question.... Off the top of my head i'd suggest picking up a battle royale play.com. its a great looking steelbook and one that you can currently get fot a reasonable price from a lot of the member's threads on this site despite it being out of print. Certainly wont stay at these prices forever so might be a good one to get now. Good luck with your collecting and try not to spend too much :D

Welcome Viper, I'm Kay and also pretty new here. I joined a couple of weeks ago and have already had the pleasure of buying a trading with a couple of members. HDN is a great source of information for us blu/steelbook collectors and most of all, fun.

Like Daz, I would also say set yourself a budget. This hobby is verrrry addictive and it's so easy to go overboard and keep spending hundreds of $$$ on movies. Start by trying to find your favourite movies on steelbook if that's what you're into and decide for yourself what you feel it is worth of your hard earned cash. Titles are worth different amounts to different people depending on income, expenses etc. Some will spend a maximum of $30 on a single steelbook, others will be willing to spend $100. We're all in different boats. :)

Couldn't agree more! Steels can be pretty tough on the wallet unless a level of prudence is applied. I personally do exactly what Kay has said - look for movies you like / may like and then look for bargains. eBay is a great place to get a general idea of the prices of a particular steel and HDN members are awesome when it comes to sweet deals. The hobby of collecting steels, just like another hobby could also end up making you some $$$$, if you have the eye for bargains.
Wish you luck with the hobby mate, and a big welcome here! :oohyeah::oohyeah:

What about the men in black steel books

I prefer having all (and that completes the collection)

When I meant all... I am highly satisfied even the bonus Futureshop Neuralyzer Pen that comes with it!

mibtrilogy_zps4b0b4ce5.jpg

So the bourne trilogy in steel books will be here this Monday I'll probably go by best buy on Monday and get some more steel books then take a break to save up for college

So the bourne trilogy in steel books will be here this Monday I'll probably go by best buy on Monday and get some more steel books then take a break to save up for college

What state are you at in US?

I feel bad if you were getting your steelbooks this coming Monday, where the past month.. most WB steelbooks in Bestbuy can be obtained as low as $4.99 with Upgrade & Save