Completed Justified (Season 6) [FX]

ocielz

El NINJA Chingon
Premium Supporter
Jan 18, 2011
Winter Garden, Florida
1497546_693824050638071_511977058_n.jpg

Based on Elmore Leonard’s novella Fire in the Hole, Justified was developed by Graham Yost and stars Timothy Olyphant as ‘Deputy US Marshal Raylan Givens,’ a lawman who finds himself drawn back to his home state of Kentucky. This January, Raylan confronts the Crowes, a deadly, lawless family from Florida intent on settling in Harlan with new criminal enterprises in mind. Meanwhile, ‘Boyd Crowder’ (Walton Goggins) struggles to free his imprisoned fiancée ‘Ava’ (Joelle Carter) as he partners with the Dixie Mafia’s ‘Wynn Duffy’ (Jere Burns).

The series co-stars Walton Goggins as ‘Boyd Crowder;’ Nick Searcy as Givens’ longtime friend and boss ‘Chief Deputy Art Mullen;’ Jacob Pitts as ‘Deputy Marshal Tim Gutterson;’ Erica Tazel as ‘Deputy Marshal Rachel Brooks;’ Joelle Carter as ‘Ava Crowder;’ and Jere Burns as ‘Wynn Duffy.’ Yost wrote the pilot and serves as Executive Producer/Writer on the series. Executive Producers on the series include Carl Beverly, Sarah Timberman, Michael Dinner, Fred Golan, Dave Andron, Don Kurt, and the late Elmore Leonard, who passed away during the production of this season. Justified is produced by Sony Pictures Television and FX Productions.

Attachments

• Justified.jpg
    Justified.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 89
Last edited by a moderator:
Ocielz, I'm with you buddy. A definite underappreciated gem of a show and one that I look forward to watching on a weekly basis.

Agreed! I enjoyed the first season a lot more than I was expecting. Rayland character is great, but personally, Boyd Crower is my favorite character by far. A mixture of cynicism and wit that just appeals to me lol

Love the show! :scat:

I haven't had a chance to watch the second season yet. I am waiting for a price drop, plus I got tons more series to watch in the next few weeks.

Horhay - season 2 was awesome!!!! Got it for 27.99 when it came out. It's was much better then season 1 plus new characters that pop up are well written, especially Mags Bennett.

Reactions: ocielz
This is probably my #1 show right now.

Season 3 has been kinda of here and there for me. Boyd has changed imo, and its not as good and season 1 and 2.

Boyd's character was not even supposed to make it past season 1 fyi. But he was so good they wrote him back in.

For anyone interested, the band that does the Emmy nominated intro theme song "Long Hard Times To Come" is a group called "Gangstagrass" and I did an interview with Rench from Gangstagrass as well as a review of their album (I also reviewed their brand new album as well).

Below is a link to the full interview (with embedded images and videos). Below is also a snippet from that interview, as it pertains to the show Justified.

http://www.searchingforchetbaker.com/2011/06/interview-rench-from-gangstagrass.html

SFCB: Your song "Long Hard Times To Come" is the theme song to the FX series "Justified". Who approached you about the idea of doing the theme song?

RENCH: The show producers asked for a new track after they heard a Gangstagrass track used in a commercial for the show, so the connection actually came initially from the promotions department finding me and licensing the track for a commercial (thanks Ethan!).

SFCB: Legendary crime novelist Elmore Leonard has sung your praises in the press for the show, and has expressed his love for your music. How did that feel getting accolades from one of the greatest living writers of our time?

RENCH: That was ridiculously great. I am still excited about that. I got to meet Elmore when he came to New York last year and that is one cool dude. He came to Bushwick with me and we went tagging some buildings with a graffiti crew.

SFCB: Your song was nominated for Outstanding Original Main Title Theme at the 2010 Emmys. Where were you when you found out, and how did that feel to receive that recognition?

RENCH: I found out by checking online that morning when nominations came out. Then I called T.O.N.E-z and told him we were nominated. Calls and gift baskets from the network came later. It is cool that I can always tag my name with “Emmy nominated” from here on, and it was a very strange experience to do the red carpet. Hollywood is pretty weird. But we didn’t win, and I’m back in my basement studio doing this whole thing independently and that is how it is going to be. At the end of the day it is actually more exciting when I hear a new track taking shape and I realize that I am creating something really cool.