Killzone 2 Megathread - New DLC Coming (Map Pack 3!!!) - Patch As Well!!!!

Jan 29, 2009
k2.jpg

Killzone 2 is an upcoming science fiction first-person shooter for the PlayStation 3, currently in development by Guerrilla Games and to be published by Sony Computer Entertainment. It is the third installment in the Killzone franchise that began on the PlayStation 2 with Killzone and was continued with Killzone: Liberation on the PlayStation Portable. First announced at E3 2005 in Los Angeles, California,[5] Killzone 2 is due for release in February 2009.

Killzone 2 follows the events of Killzone and Killzone: Liberation, and will take place entirely on the planet Helghan, the home-world of the Helghast, who invaded an Interplanetary Strategic Alliance (ISA) colony. Two years after the Helghast assault on Vekta, the ISA has launched an assault on the enemy's home world of Helghan. The ISA goal is to capture the Helghast leader, Emperor Scolar Visari, and bring the Helghast war machine to a halt. Players assume the role of Sergeant Tomas "Sev" Sevchenko, a battle-hardened veteran of the special forces unit known as "The Legion", who go on a mission to take out the Helghast threat.

During the invasion of Helghan, Sev's unit is deployed behind enemy lines to assist the main invasion force. Tasked with securing the enemy capital of Pyrrhus, the team quickly discovers that the Helghast are a more formidable enemy on their home planet. Not only have they adjusted to Helghan's hostile conditions, they have also harnessed a source of power they can now use against the ISA - the very planet on which they live. A barren, unforgiving world, Helghan provides a ready defense with thick, acidic air, dust clouds, and violent surgical lightning storms. Sev discovers his squad is not just fighting enemy forces – their fiercest opponent may be the planet itself

OFFICIAL BOX ART: KILLZONE.COM
killzonebox.jpg

KILLZONE 2 SCREENSHOTS
killzone1.jpg

killzone3.jpg

killzone2.jpg

killzone6.jpg

killzone4.jpg

killzone5.jpg

killzone8.jpg

killzone7.jpg

killzone10.jpg

killzone9.jpg

killzone-2-20090129014059684_640w.jpg

killzone-2-20090129014106387_640w.jpg

killzone-2-20080901052325267_640w.jpg

killzone-2-20081209055117890_640w.jpg

killzone-2-20081209055122390_640w.jpg

killzone-2-20081203111753822_640w.jpg

80 GB EURO PACK
80gbpack.jpg

user_184_killzone2_banner_.jpg

Killzone 2 - Superbowl Commercial *Probably a spoof*
Click Here

Killzone Biography - Getting You Up To Speed Story Wise
Click Here

Killzone 2 - HD Video Blowout "The Weapons Of Killzone 2"
Click Here

Last edited:
SCEA and MLG Gamebattles are proud to announce the Killzone 2 Online Championships! Assemble your 4-man teams and compete in the critically-acclaimed shooter from Sony Computer Entertainment to win big!

Up for grabs are some amazing PlayStation items, including the authentic Helghast Suits worn at the end of the trailer below, each valued at more than $8,000. Other prizes include StA52 assault rifle replicas, Helghast collectable busts, downloadable content, and collectible Killzone 2 T-shirts.

Registration begins today, April 28, so be sure to register quickly here to get a jump on the competition! Read below for details, and head over to MLG Gamebattles for more information.

*NOTE: This ladder is open only to U.S. residents 13 years of age and older.

Prizing Structure

* 1st Place team: T-Shirt, authentic KZN Helghast Suits, DLC codes
* 2nd Place team: T-Shirt, StA 52 assault rifle replicas, DLC codes
* 3rd Place teams (x2): T-Shirt, collectable KZN Busts, DLC codes
* 5th Place teams (x4): T-Shirt, DLC codes
* 9th Place teams (x8) T-Shirt

Total Prize Value = $63,824

Rules

Players per Team: 4
Territories: Residence of US Only
Age Restrictions: Must be 13 years or older to enter

Official rules for the Killzone 2 Online Championships can be found here.

sounds cool we should do alot of 4 man teams ... put me on a mediocre one haha ... cali and mobius could be on one , they're real good.

i finally got through the refinery level on elite tonight. i know im slow :p happy to get through that one cause other than radec, its the hardest level IMO.

we'll see how much i spend playing campaign tho with the new map packs and trophies to be gettin this weekend :)

I look at it like this, if cali can do it, so can I :p

wow, everyone went right by my amazing post.. lol.

you wanna get a team together? i thought that since the clan for this game is pretty unactive, especially with any challenges etc, that this wouldn't be something people are interested in.

id be down if others are...i love this game ;)

i finally got my air support badge last week, so now i can be the ever useful tactician with boost perk. although im better with the shotty.

if we're gonna do this, it sounds like we better act quickly if registration opened yesterday.

Anyways, I made the team, Called Bluraylounge.com clan, since blu-clan was taken for some odd reason..

Join gamebattles and send an invite

prolly just go with whoever wants to play. i highly doubt we would win anything even if we got the best 4 guys together since we hardly play this game as a squad/clan. if all of a sudden theres a bunch of people willing to play, then maybe we could make two squads and load one of them.

does this include other regions?

i could send a message to raay from br.com. he use to play a ton, but now i never see him on.

prolly just go with whoever wants to play. i highly doubt we would win anything even if we got the best 4 guys together since we hardly play this game as a squad/clan. if all of a sudden theres a bunch of people willing to play, then maybe we could make two squads and load one of them.

Man, you guys should take the best for this tourney. See how far into the tourney you can get. We can play "friendly" games all the time. Oh, and I won't be in this tourney cuz I suck at kz2. haha.