KimchiDVD - SteelBook Retailer Chat Thread

logo.gif

Feel free to discuss shipping, customer service, availability, etc about this retailer here.

List of Kimchidvd.com Exclusives HERE

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) What is the link to Kimchidvd?
A)Welcome to KIMCHI DVD
Q) I haven't mastered Korean yet - how can I read the site?!
A) Install Google translate on your browser:

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Turn on Google translate >> Login >> click on "If members to join ..." >> fill in EVERY box >>
click on this box to ensure your member ID is available:
rsz_button.jpg
>> Sign up!

You don't need to use Google Translate to register, provided you use the English registration link.
You need to enter both a Celluar phone (mobile) and Telephone number when registering/placing an order, however they can both be the same number (I don't have a home phone number, so always use my mobile number).
Numbers should be entered without a proceeding 0 and you do not need to enter your country code (KimchiDVD add it automatically to your parcel label).

So a UK phone (01452 123123) is specified like this:
Local Area Code : 1452 Phone Number : 123123

A UK mobile (07847 123123) is specified like this:
Local Area Code : 7847 Phone Number : 123123

If you have already registered, afterlogging in you can update your address/phone numbers here.

Q) Do they ship outside of Korea?
A) Yes, worldwide delivery, various shipping options available, for example to UK: (1 x steelbook)

K-Packet is tracked and one Steelbook to UK (with a weight of 450g - which is the typical weight for a lenticular) costs $10.81.
On average it takes around 7 days after dispatch to arrive in the UK - I always use K-Packet when placing orders and my orders have always arrived safely.

I'm not sure if it's insured or not (there's no mention) but assuming you pay via PayPal, their guarantee will cover you if you don't receive your order for some reason.

You can track your K-Packet order using this website, however tracking information isn't always accurate after leaving Korea (e.g. sometimes it doesn't update again before it's delivered, or even after if your postman doesn't bother getting a signature).

EMS $21.80 (Tracked, replacement will be issued where possible if lost)
TNT Premium $37.80 (Tracked, replacement will be issued where possible if lost)

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) Cardboard Box, with enough bubblewrap to keep things safe, see below: (Thanks to SBC28 for pics)

A pretty sturdy box, which seemingly took some damage during shipping.
(These are pretty much always the same boxes.)
kimchipackaging01.jpg

Enough space for the item to "breathe", but snug enough to stop it from moving.
(That white thing is the invoice, which i choose to include, since i am in the USA.)
kimchipackaging02.jpg

6 layers of bubble wrap.
kimchipackaging03.jpg

Another shot of the bubble wrap, one sheet (4 layers) removed.
kimchipackaging04.jpg

One minty mint SB, all the way from Korea.

Q) Is the retailer custom's friendly? (i.e will they mark as gift, or low value).
A) Very friendly, you have various options to choose from:
rsz_customs-kimchi.jpg

Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged upon order

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Card or Paypal

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) Yes - overall a very good, reliable site to order from.

Cancellations: Send an email to [email protected], including the number of the order you wish to cancel. He'll get back to you as soon as he can.

Replacements: are issued if in stock, if not a refund will be offered.
Refunds: They are normally processed within a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
50BE30E4-D271-4E9F-BCF1-C395D2B3CC52.png
Hi . Just signed up to post this comment. I’ve been back through this whole thread but cant find the advice I’m after. I have just placed my first order with kimchidvd on the 14th Feb 2018. Status has remained static since then and email to them to ascertain when item will ship has not been replied to.

How long do these guys normally take to process and ship? I have received no email confirmation of the order other than Pay Pal receipts.

Attachments

• CBA2337A-E2D2-419E-8976-7264B670149A.png
    CBA2337A-E2D2-419E-8976-7264B670149A.png
    140 KB · Views: 322
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. A search of HDN has also answered my question as to why my HDZeta of Edge of Tomorrow hasn’t shipped. Chinese New Year...doh:whistle:
Haha yeah, China practically shuts down for the New Year. Hopefully they get your items shipped as soon as they're back though. :)

Welcome to HDN by the way! :thumbs:

Haha yeah, China practically shuts down for the New Year. Hopefully they get your items shipped as soon as they're back though. :)

Welcome to HDN by the way! :thumbs:
Cheers.
Just had a nice email from Tony stating it’s Lunar New Year Holiday in Korea and that he will ship on Monday.
Just my luck that my first direct orders with HDZeta and Kimchidvd I placed on their holidays:happy:

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Cheers.
Just had a nice email from Tony stating it’s Lunar New Year Holiday in Korea and that he will ship on Monday.
Just my luck that my first direct orders with HDZeta and Kimchidvd I placed on their holidays:happy:
Definitely an unfortunate time for you to make your first order lol. Obviously it was nice of Tony to take the time to contact you though, and I'm sure the wait for your items will be worth it in the end. :)

Definitely an unfortunate time for you to make your first order lol. Obviously it was nice of Tony to take the time to contact you though, and I'm sure the wait for your items will be worth it in the end. :)
Yeah. I’ve been buying my exclusives off eBay for years, but I’ve noticed some of the sellers are starting to take the Mickey with their asking prices. I generally like buying off US or UK sellers. Sadly a copy of the Kimchidvd Lenticular Blade Runner 2049 I ordered about a month ago from a highly rated aftermarket US seller has gone missing in the mail. Not the fault of seller, the shipping service has let the side down. Teach me for using First Class. EMS all the way for me from now on. These exclusives are just too damned hard to replace.

Yeah. I’ve been buying my exclusives off eBay for years, but I’ve noticed some of the sellers are starting to take the Mickey with their asking prices. I generally like buying off US or UK sellers. Sadly a copy of the Kimchidvd Lenticular Blade Runner 2049 I ordered about a month ago from a highly rated aftermarket US seller has gone missing in the mail. Not the fault of seller, the shipping service has let the side down. Teach me for using First Class. EMS all the way for me from now on. These exclusives are just too damned hard to replace.
Hmm yeah, eBay is usually one of the last places I check nowadays because of greedy sellers. The Trade & Sales section on here is always worth checking out, since most HDN members are very generous with their pricing - I recently picked up a couple premium editions from two fellow Ninjas for a lot less than what they go for on eBay. Sorry to hear about your missing item... I hope you at least got your money back!

Hmm yeah, eBay is usually one of the last places I check nowadays because of greedy sellers. The Trade & Sales section on here is always worth checking out, since most HDN members are very generous with their pricing - I recently picked up a couple premium editions from two fellow Ninjas for a lot less than what they go for on eBay. Sorry to hear about your missing item... I hope you at least got your money back!
The seller, urbeenjammin, has offered a refund but I declined. He’s seems a good guy. I’m a firm believer in doing what’s fair and reasonable, and the fact is it’s my bad for choosing a non insured shipping method. It’s simply not the sellers fault. Tracking was fine for the item until it got to South America.

I got another copy from wdpung (his last one). Still to arrive, so fingers crossed.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
The seller, urbeenjammin, has offered a refund but I declined. He’s seems a good guy. I’m a firm believer in doing what’s fair and reasonable, and the fact is it’s my bad for choosing a non insured shipping method. It’s simply not the sellers fault. Tracking was fine for the item until it got to South America.

I got another copy from wdpung (his last one). Still to arrive, so fingers crossed.
Well, that's mighty kind of you! You certainly have the Ninja spirit. :thumbs:

Good to hear you were able to source another copy though. :)

Not sure if this is the right place for this but recently placed an order and paid through Paypal. Accidentally chose the wrong address on Paypal (although I have entered the correct one on the KimchiDVD site) and I tried e-mailing them about 2 weeks ago, no response yet. I know some retailers print their shipping labels from Paypal for insurance purposes, does anyone know if KimchiDVD does the same or if the address I entered on their site is the one that they use?

Not sure if this is the right place for this but recently placed an order and paid through Paypal. Accidentally chose the wrong address on Paypal (although I have entered the correct one on the KimchiDVD site) and I tried e-mailing them about 2 weeks ago, no response yet. I know some retailers print their shipping labels from Paypal for insurance purposes, does anyone know if KimchiDVD does the same or if the address I entered on their site is the one that they use?
They use the shipping address that you specified at KimchiDVD site when placing the order.

You can verify the shipping address by logging in at KimchiDVD and looking at the ADDRESS INFO section in your order details.

Reactions: awb85
I received my first direct order from KimchiDVD today (Wind River full slip, non-exclusive, K Packet). I usually prefer to order from EU sellers and retailers to avoid customs and shipping issues (I'm based in the Netherlands), but I'm really pleased to say that the box my order arrived in was pristine and considering I hadn't chosen the most expensive shipping option and that it's December, it took less than 2 weeks to arrive. Would definitely order directly from KimchiDVD again. :thanks:

I looked at the publisher that were part of the KimchiDVD exclusive/collection line or still are.

- The Blu (Contents Gate, Blue Kino & Content Rap Jabak)
- The On
- Injoingan

"Outsourced"
- Novamedia ==> own shop: novamnm.com
- WeET ==> own shop: weetcollection.com
-- 20th Century Fox ==> distributed/sold by WeET
-- Sony ==> distributed/sold by WeET
- Universal (also Warner, Paramount) ==> distributed/sold by U'Mania ()

- KD Media > FNC Add Culture > SM Life Design Group
-- Disney

What happened to these?
- Contents Zone
- Art Service
- Media Hub
- Studio A

Anyone bought anything from the sale?

They must've added some more items since I last looked, because I don't recall seeing You Were Never Really Here before.

I've gone ahead and stuck an order in for it. :D

Got myself 2 steelbooks from the summer sales:-
1. [Blu-Ray]Elysium Steelbook Limited Edition (Special Sale)
2. [Blu-Ray]Infernal Affairs Trilogy Box Limited Edition (500 copies) (Summer Sale)
:LOL:

Just a wee question for buyers out there. I ordered Let Me In limited edition from the Kimchidvd Summer sale. I paid the extra $US10 for Express Shipping. Order date 3rd June. We’re now 7th June. Order checked and still not sent.

Now my question is this. Am I being unreasonable in expecting this to be shipped within the 1 to 2 days Tony states on his site, being EMS shipping after all, or do you think this standard of service is okay for a premium retailer?

Personally, I’m peeved. Their after sales service is beyond useless.

Rant over.