Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: April 9, 2024
Purchase links: Amazon - Walmart
Price: $27.86
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

81nUUX-TwIL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if this is the same transfer as the studio canal release?
It should be from the same physical 4K scan, but it's unclear if paramount are using the same master as studiocanal. The encode will be different for sure, but that doesn't always have any meaningful impact to the presentation. If there's no press release noting it, we'll have to wait for in hand confirmation.

Reactions: SamB389
This is cheesy as heck and I love it. Wish we'd have got this effort instead of the Studio Canal version (which I like also) but now not as much. :LOL:

Reactions: Fmac72
It was great artwork until it was revealed to be another pet slip. No thx. :BS:
Yeah, the art under the slip is weird - Skull Island Dwan in NYC - and honestly the slips themselves are just needless extra plastic. Not having King Kong on the front of the steelbook (other than his hand, I guess) is just an odd decision.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5t33lb0y
Yeah, the art under the slip is weird - Skull Island Dwan in NYC - and honestly the slips themselves are just needless extra plastic. Not having King Kong on the front of the steelbook (other than his hand, I guess) is just an odd decision.
If anything i'd be more comfortable with swapped artwork - pet slip on actual steel and vice versa. At least they nailed it with inside artwork.

Reactions: JGCramp and Fmac72