Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £44.99
Notes: UK Exclusive Limited to 2000

King Kong.jpg

1719299423159.jpeg

Last edited:
Available to pre order from Golden Discs in Republic of Ireland

€60.00

Thanks, £51.78 with free delivery to England, happy with that. Got 1 and for about £6 more, seems like a GB price to stop this buying hassle from retailers for this release.

Nah there’s something fishy with this release and universal seriously need to sort it out. I won’t support these editions going forward if they don’t.

I’m hoping the retailers do mass cancellations as a f**k you to all the scummy resellers. And anyone with more than one order (and I don’t care if you bought it for your brother, village or cat)

€60.00

Thanks Paul! Ordered there too. To Germany, €70 with shipping.

Reactions: paulboland
There was a few USA/UK reseller retailers that was selling all of Universal SteelBook Collector’s Editions since a few weeks ago.

Including some of the releases that have not yet officially gone live example The Northman Collector’s Edition.

I wonder how muck stock these resellers are getting hold off before the releases officially go live to pre order with Amazon/Zavvi/HMV and how are they sourcing the stock.

• Informative
Reactions: K1SK1S
There was a few USA/UK reseller retailers that was selling all of Universal SteelBook Collector’s Editions since a few weeks ago.

Including some of the releases that have not yet officially gone live example The Northman Collector’s Edition.

I wonder how muck stock these resellers are getting hold off before the releases officially go live to pre order with Amazon/Zavvi/HMV and how are they sourcing the stock.
Gambling on it going live. Using ai retail purchase bots and then buying hundreds in a massive chunk no doubt.

Good question. Some are talking about bots. Maybe, but that can’t be the case for all resellers. Here in the US, Orbit (if we consider them a reseller) is selling it for $60.99. The UK cost at today’s exchange rate would be something like $57 or $58 USD (not including shipping/tax). It’s hard to believe that they are employing bots and grabbing all of these copies via the Amazon preorder drop at retail price to basically make nothing.

Nah there’s something fishy with this release and universal seriously need to sort it out. I won’t support these editions going forward if they don’t.

I’m hoping the retailers do mass cancellations as a f**k you to all the scummy resellers. And anyone with more than one order (and I don’t care if you bought it for your brother, village or cat)
Pretty sure HMV have cancelled all multiples, as some users have reported. Zavvi need to step up & do the same. I fear you won't get far liaising with Amazon however.

Would this community not be in a position to organise a group buy with HMV or Zavvi? 1 copy per user.

Or just lobby both to have this as a rule of thumb internally, for any numbered limited edition at least.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Good question. Some are talking about bots. Maybe, but that can’t be the case for all resellers. Here in the US, Orbit (if we consider them a reseller) is selling it for $60.99. The UK cost at today’s exchange rate would be something like $57 or $58 USD (not including shipping/tax). It’s hard to believe that they are employing bots and grabbing all of these copies via the Amazon preorder drop at retail price to basically make nothing.
I don't see how else they're securing sale stock. It's supposed to be a UK exclusive. Maybe @Flloydo is right and there's something sus going on here. Universal!

€60.00

Thanks @paulboland , is their packaging any good? And do they tend to oversell their stock?

Ordered for 64€ shipped to Germany. :thumbs:

Well surely The stock only goes to official licensed UK sellers that are big enough, can't see a place like OrbitDVD gaining legit stock?
Very easy for resellers to bot it.

Thanks @paulboland , is their packaging any good? And do they tend to oversell their stock?

Ordered for 64€ shipped to Germany. :thumbs:
I not used their online store before I only purchased from their high street stores.

From reports I seen their packaging is ok there has been some instances where they cancelled online orders but it’s not something that happens often.

I not used their online store before I only purchased from their high street stores.

From reports I seen their packaging is ok there has been some instances where they cancelled some online orders but it’s not something that happens often.
I've had Golden Discs cancel a pre order on me in the past (for the The Exorcist ltd edition) due to them overselling it. Apart from that, I've had good experiences with them. They are pricey though. I've not had issues with their packaging, although it's nothing fancy iirc - on par with Amazon.

I've also had Orbit cancel one of these ltd Universal editions on me in the past (Jaws 2) as they said Universal reneged on the stock they promised them, so it seems to just be a crap shoot with these particular editions. I managed to get it on Amazon in the end during a restock.

Last edited:
I've also had Orbit cancel one of these ltd Universal editions on me in the past (Jaws 2) as they said Universal reneged on the stock they promised them, so it seems to just be a crap shoot with these particular editions. I managed to get it on Amazon in the end during a restock.
Universal promising them copies makes sense. I hope they don’t renege on them this time. The bot theory just doesn’t work re. Orbit because they would need to raise the price well above $60.99 to not lose money on every copy.

Universal promising them copies makes sense. I hope they don’t renege on them this time. The bot theory just doesn’t work re. Orbit because they would need to raise the price well above $60.99 to not lose money on every copy.
But OrbitDVD is American and this is a UK Exclusive release. Why would Universal ever give them stock?

€60.00

Do they charge instantly or when they ship?