Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 26, 2024
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £44.99
Notes: UK Exclusive Limited to 2000

King Kong.jpg

1719299423159.jpeg

Last edited:
I guess I'm just not supposed to have a premium of this film. I was on this page all freakin' day and it NEVER showed on sale. Left the house at 1:30 to run an errand and checked the page before I left and it still showed not on sale. Now I'm here and it looks like that was incorrect. Not sure how the heck that happened, but I'll take solace in the fact I'm in the US and it appears I had no chance with AUK anyhow. Damn.

I guess I'm just not supposed to have a premium of this film. I was on this page all freakin' day and it NEVER showed on sale. Left the house at 1:30 to run an errand and checked the page before I left and it still showed not on sale. Now I'm here and it looks like that was incorrect. Not sure how the heck that happened, but I'll take solace in the fact I'm in the US and it appears I had no chance with AUK anyhow. Damn.
It wasn't available all day until about 5.30pm UK time and then it was only for 2 mins...so u didn't really miss it, more like never had a chance :wtf:

Reactions: jaws finatic
Manta Lab Dune 2 levels of bloodbath :LOL::rofl:
4693540.jpg

Oh well, guess I should be happy with my Everythingblu copy
That's what I'll be telling myself too.
Plus a Zavvi Steelbook, and a 'Reel Heroes' series comics art Steelbook, and an HD DVD, and some DVD collectable box...
DontNeedItFifth.gif

Shows unavailable for International / Germany :mad::mad::mad::mad:
We can't get it in the UK, buzz off with your Germany...
giphy (5).gif

They can't handle the traffic.
Jack Nicholson You Cant Handle The Truth GIF

Good question. Some are talking about bots. Maybe, but that can’t be the case for all resellers. Here in the US, Orbit (if we consider them a reseller) is selling it for $60.99. The UK cost at today’s exchange rate would be something like $57 or $58 USD (not including shipping/tax). It’s hard to believe that they are employing bots and grabbing all of these copies via the Amazon preorder drop at retail price to basically make nothing.

I don't see how else they're securing sale stock. It's supposed to be a UK exclusive. Maybe @Flloydo is right and there's something sus going on here. Universal!
18% tax is deducted when buying to US, they cost £37 or $48.
There's higher shipping of course, but after a couple you get free delivery and get them cheaper than retail.

Reactions: darczap
I don’t care what anyone says there’s defo something weird about this release. No way is it that rare across the 3 retailers.

Yeah, I share the same thoughts.
Zavvi supposedly went live around 8.14am yesterday. I got a promotional email from Zavvi for this release timed at 9.02am, but then sold out 5 minutes later.

King Kong is not rare. There is already a UK 4k steelbook as well as other releases from boutique companies around the world.

Reactions: milky and Flloydo
Create fake hype strategy?

At least i feel honoured having it in my basket...
I don’t think it needs fake hype because the collectors sets have been very well received with the current wave. I mean it could be scalpers but even that don’t seem fully legit to me

And the fact that Amazon is glitching with this release adds to the conspiracy

Reactions: milky and Roofr4sh
I didn't get the details fully correct about Orbit and Jaws 2. For clarification, here's the full text of the email they sent at the time:

Morning everyone, I felt the need to give an update on the Jaws 2 pre-orders, and unfortunately, it is not good news.

Last week we were informed by one of our UK distributors that Amazon has taken 90% of the Jaws 2 steelbooks, leaving the rest of the world to fight over the remaining 10%. While we are still waiting for our final allocation numbers to be revealed, we feel that we will not receive enough to accommodate every one that has paid for a pre-order.

We have one glimmer of hope working with a US importer, but this will be a long shot. If they do pull through, the price that you paid will be honored.

If you want to cancel, we completely understand, and have opened Jaws 2 up for order cancellation and editing. If you ordered 2 other items for our “3FREE” option, just contact us and we be happy to ship the others items for free media mail shipping.

We will be giving our distributors one more week to let us know our final allocations, but after that we will begin the cancellation process.

Because of this and other issues with the UK division of Warner Brothers/Universal, we will no longer be providing pre-orders for their titles. The good news is that other companies like StudioCanal, Eureka, Second Sight, Arrow, etc. know the importance of smaller businesses like Orbit and we will continue to offer pre-orders without worry.

I apologize again about this, pre-orders are new to us, and we are quickly learning about which companies that you can and cannot trust.

Thank you!
Orbit DVD