Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 26, 2024
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £44.99
Notes: UK Exclusive Limited to 2000

King Kong.jpg

1719299423159.jpeg

Last edited:
It's possible some people just bought some. For me the message just switched to:

"Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

From the previous "This item cannot be dispatched to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location."
If you change to Republic of Ireland will let you pre-order but not to UK address.

• Informative
Reactions: Stygian
Dude, with how strange the sales have been on this release, it's definitely suspect in some way or another.
Mexican cartels, Ukrainian organ traders, Russian mafia, Yakuza, and Camorra have transpired together to resell these Editions on the Dark Web.

Why is Amazon so crap at selling an item. All these types of errors. It’s either in stock or not. Why is it so difficult
It's not just TWO states, there's a whole spectrum... get with the times. :facepalm:

Useless is an understatement. Even if you did get an order through chances are they would pack it in a box as thin as toilet paper and arrived damaged anyway.
If they don't cancel it first...:shipped:

That's the sour grapes spirit we're looking for here :LOL:
SourGrapesPoster.jpg

It's just gone fast tbh. I know others disagree, but I don't think there's anything dodgy going on. Zavvi sell quick all the time. HMV (rightfully) Limited orders to 1 due to expected demand, same as they did with BR film vault. Amazon, well, it's amazon lol they've had that preorder bug for ages now, so there's no telling what they have/haven't sold. Utterly useless company.
Tend to agree. Universal have successfully built a range where we've largely been impressed with everything (perhaps minus the thin Megan box). It's built traction and they're taking collectors seriously and treating us with respect by stating whether steelbooks are embossed/debossed, gloss etc. Something we've all called for from the main studios for some time. Pricing is somewhat reasonable, but probably more towards good when you consider & compare it to your standard £35 matt no frills steelbook. Plus, it's the biggest movie they've done in this format by some distance. Add that the domestic steelbook for this has been sold out for sometime & regularly goes for £40-£60 sealed. It is also great art. Maybe this is just what happens when you do things properly, reminds me of the few Zavvi Everythingblu releases in the way this sold.

It's a Collector's Market resurgence! People are getting smarter, realizing they're paying for crap streams as much, as they never wanted to pay for the most expensive satellite cable package in the 90's, and are still getting screwed one way or another.
Soon we'll have 10,000 print runs again, and UHDs on every supermarket checkout! We'll conquer aids and cancer, and have weekend trips to Mars cheaper than a blockbuster rental! Hooray comrades!

According to Zavvi in the comments,they had over 1000 units.
Yet they are posting this sh*t, seems really unprofessional and tasteless when there are collectors who missed out and the reselling dicbags on eBay are selling up to 10 units each for £89-£99.

Zavvi can kiss my sexy fat butt. A**holes

Pre order systems need to evolve.

Bollocks they had over a 1,000 but yeah bit weird them to be getting taunting like that. Good way to please your customers that’s kept you relevant for the past decade. Muppets

Hope admin gets abused in those comments trying to be edgy

Reactions: milky and Roofr4sh

Yet they are posting this sh*t, seems really unprofessional and tasteless when there are collectors who missed out and the reselling dicbags on eBay are selling up to 10 units each for £89-£99.

That's really weird, i would be shocked if they had 1000 (more than Amazon????), also it sold out before or around the 9 am email, so general folk had no idea or any chance so yes its distasteful.
It was up at least 45 mins, and he stating it was 10 mins it sold out...so full of bs.

Last edited:
Available to pre-order from Orbit-DVD in the US again.

They ship internationally, charge at time of order and no cancellations once your order is placed.

$60.99 US plus shipping. Link added to OP.

That's the dumbest marketing I've ever seen. Way to alienate your core customers.

I may have been fine with it if they limited to 1 per customer but Zavvi were clearly the main problem with this release by hogging 50% of the stock. They've been losing money for years. How do they exist whilst being so bad at everything from customer service to packaging to socials. Painful.

Reactions: milky
That's the dumbest marketing I've ever seen. Way to alienate your core customers.

I may have been fine with it if they limited to 1 per customer but Zavvi were clearly the main problem with this release by hogging 50% of the stock. They've been losing money for years. How do they exist whilst being so bad at everything from customer service to packaging to socials. Painful.
They must have had a huge drop off due to HMV now, so i'm not sure how well they are doing currently

I managed to pre order 2 copies from a local Australian online retailer outrundvd.com.au. They are now out of stock but don’t post internationally anyway.

I MAY offer one copy here if anyone is interested. Obviously you would need to pay the costs for the item plus shipping from Australia. Dm me if you would be interested.