Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [USA]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: August 27, 2024
Purchase links: TBA
Price: TBA
Notes: Disc 1 UHD Theatrical version only - Disc 2 Blu-ray has Inside the Lens: The Raw Cut version + Extras

5B02027F-663E-49E9-82F6-4151E42209E8.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Like the style, enjoyed the movie too. Some said it was a little slow but none of the recent films have been barnstormers - more like world builders.

Pass. Kick in the dark with this artwork. So much better chances and they do somekind retro art and no title.
Not to mention comparing with first three this is literal 360...

Notes
UHD Disc has the Theatrical version only
Blu-ray Disc has Inside the Lens: The Raw Cut version + extras

Inside the Lens: The Raw Cut, a full-length alternative cut with a split-screen comparison between the final cut of the film and a version with unfinished VFX with optional audio commentary by director Wes Ball, editor Dan Zimmerman and VFX supervisor Erik Winquist. The never-before-seen alternate cut gives fans a unique opportunity to see the actors’ performances before the visual effects were completed.
  • Documentary Inside the Forbidden Zone: Making Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes – Join director Wes Ball, cast and crew as they expand the Planet of the Apes legacy for a new generation. Travel to the outdoor production in Australia, train at Ape School, and discover the practical and motion capture techniques in building a breathtaking Kingdom.
  • 14 Deleted/Extended Scenes with optional audio commentary by director Wes Ball

Last edited:
Fantastic design, easy day 1 preorder!

Funny thing, those weird tree forts look like a Long Neck head from Horzion Zero Dawn as the artist for that game did a similar design style

• Haha
Reactions: 5t33lb0y
I usually hate human pyramids, but I really like the design on this one. Great work, and great back/inside artworks.
It's not really a pyramid, it's more like those Disney steelbooks, with characters inside/in front of a bigger main one.
Plus it's got an 'oldish', worn border, like the nice Marvel steelbooks line.