Horror Chat Last Horror movie watched for Halloween-Join the 2016 watch party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
2016 Last Horror watched.JPG

Hello ninjas!

It's time!

It's that time of year where we get together for our annual hidefninja.com Halloween and horror tradition, and share the latest horror films or tv we've watched. Just jump in to the thread, now until Halloween, and let us know what is making your skin crawl! Recommendations, reviews? Share them!

Plus stay on the lookout for mini-contests and more!

Have fun all!

Last edited:
Honestly, I've watched so many crappy horror films on Netflix lately, I can't even pinpoint the last good one (or one where I actually remember the film's title). I think the last truly good horror film that I watched on there was The Invitation. It was more of a thriller than a horror, but it had a very interesting vibe. The build-up is very slow, but the characters are interesting enough where you'll stick with it. The payoff is worth it because sh*t totally hits the fan by the end! Truthfully, it's a rather elegant film -- as weird as that is to say.

View attachment 267007

I also watched The Dead Room for a second time in order to review Raven Banner's Blu-ray release of the film. I liked it a little bit more the second time. It has such a cool atmosphere and I love the first 3/4 of it, but the end is so crappy and it comes out of nowhere. If you want to read my full thoughts on it, my film review is here and the Blu-ray review is here.

View attachment 267006

In the realm of TV, I recently checked out the first season of Slasher. That show blows Scream: The TV Series out of the water! The kills are really cool and original and I love the locations that were used. It has a real '80s slasher-flick vibe to it. The only downfall is that the killer, The Executioner, looks really goofy. He has this big plastic mask and everytime he's on, I roll my eyes. The idea behind him is awesome, but the costume is just awful. I definitely recommend horror fans to watch it, though! It's only 8 episodes long.

View attachment 267008

Tagging some peeps who may've not been tagged yet: @PunkNinja @Paperinukke @Hooch @Scary Hair @bigrob @cooey @mlmaier84 @AcIDc0r3 @Asopp @Bluprint @dan8885 @kryptonite @kaw @MGD @psychoscot :thumbs:

Happy #HDNhorror, Ninjas! :vamp:
Thanks for the tag mate! :)

The last horror film I watched was The Neon Demon, I guess that counts, kinda. It's been quite quiet on the horror frontier, but I plan to watch 33(!) horror films during October. That should be plenty of fun. :mask:

Thanks for the tag mate! :)

The last horror film I watched was The Neon Demon, I guess that counts, kinda. It's been quite quiet on the horror frontier, but I plan to watch 33(!) horror films during October. That should be plenty of fun. :mask:
Nice, I can't wait to see your list!

Reactions: Paperinukke
Last one I've watched was Blair Witch during TIFF..

@bloodsnake007 it's Horror Time!
HELL YEAH! :woot: HALLOWEEN, the Best time of the Year! :hungry: @rj531 Thanks for the tag my Ninja Sis! :notworthy:

Last horror film I watched? CUJO :naughty:
DSC03565.JPG
This scared the hell out of me growing up! :ohno: Still enjoy it today!

Every weekend on October I'll be watching my favorite horror films! :hungry: Soon I'll compile a list! :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Believe me - I am not a hater! I LOVE Batman. I wanted to love it! And my love for Batman is why I didn't like it. That was not Batman. (Every ounce of his character, and everything he stands for was dismissed. Might as well make a movie about Ghandi with an Uzi, dealing out peace or else!).
We shouldnt derail the thread because you know we can :p But let me just say that once I accepted that Zack Snyder is changing these characters i was able to completely look beyond those facts. This Batman + Superman are not the ones from comics. They are not the ones from earlier films. In my eyes they are different Batmans/Supes. I think if you can make peace with that fact, you might be able to enjoy it a little bit more. :)

I just finished watching the Horromedy "Cooties" starring our very own @bloodsnake007 LOL. It was actually a lot better than I had thought it was going to be. . Elementary School children turn into real ankle biters after they eat some bad Chicken Nuggets

View attachment 266890

@Ricker LOL! :hilarious: Children who've turned into zombies because of bad chicken nuggets? :OMG: :rofl: That actually sounds and looks pretty fun and entertaining! :D I'll have to check it out! :thumbs:
You were with... @bloodsnake007? Like, at his home? And you survived to tell us this tale?! :OMG:
@tridon Ricker survive? Believe me, if he was my guest I'd show him some great hospitality...
tumblr_m8ze5wBGi31rpoldbo8_500.gif

:naughty: :p

• Thanks
Thanks for the tag....nice info here. Watched Conjuring 2 yesterday...pretty nice performance. Gonna take a look at The Witch and Sinister 2 next.

• Thanks
Finally got around to see Maniac (2012). Picked up the norwegian amaray cheap a few weeks back. I bought the French steel when it came out. But I never opened it as it did have forced french subs, no inside art and didn't have the soundtrack (as advertised). (n)

I haven't seen the original from 1980 but I thought this one was very good and I loved the soundtrack.

maniac_ver2_xlg.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Ricker
View attachment 267006

In the realm of TV, I recently checked out the first season of Slasher. That show blows Scream: The TV Series out of the water! The kills are really cool and original and I love the locations that were used. It has a real '80s slasher-flick vibe to it. The only downfall is that the killer, The Executioner, looks really goofy. He has this big plastic mask and everytime he's on, I roll my eyes. The idea behind him is awesome, but the costume is just awful. I definitely recommend horror fans to watch it, though! It's only 8 episodes long.

View attachment 267008

Happy #HDNhorror, Ninjas! :vamp:[/QUOTE]

I just finished binge watching Slasher. I loved it, I want more

• Thanks
Reactions: spass and tridon
Finally got around to see Maniac (2012). Picked up the norwegian amaray cheap a few weeks back. I bought the French steel when it came out. But I never opened it as it did have forced french subs, no inside art and didn't have the soundtrack (as advertised). (n)

I haven't seen the original from 1980 but I thought this one was very good and I loved the soundtrack.

maniac_ver2_xlg.jpg

Very good horror flick! Elijah was perfectly creepy in it... and the kills were awesome! :D

• Thanks
Reactions: spass
image.jpeg

Picked this up from Amazon.es for €12

Includes all the features from the 30th Anniversary Edition from Twilight and DTS-MA 5.1 audio

Not actually seen this since the late 80's to be honest. I picked up the DVD but never got round to watching it. Anyway, BD arrived yesterday so I watched it and absolutely loved it! Kicking myself for not watching it sooner! I loved the 3D remake but this is just brilliant! Will order the sequel next month (also €12 on Amazon.es)

Went to see Blair Witch last night. Liked it, didn't love it. I can understand now people saying it was a bit of a retread of the first movie, but I still enjoyed it for what it was.

Have Train To Busan lined up for tonight, looking forward to checking this one out.

• Thanks
Status
Not open for further replies.