Little Darlings (4K + Blu-ray Slipcase) (Vinegar Syndrome) [USA]

Jun 18, 2016
Release date: January 15, 2024
Purchase link: Vinegar Syndrome
Price:
$39.99
Note: This special limited edition J-card MediaBook slipcase (designed by Nicole Rifkin) is limited to 8,000 units.

ezgif-7-63eb39ba74.jpg

In the fleeting summer days of 1980, fifteen year old girls Ferris (Tatum O’Neal, Paper Moon) and Angel (Kristy McNichol, Two Moon Junction) attend Camp Little Wolf outside of Atlanta, Georgia as an escape from the city. Coming from different walks of life, with the privileged Ferris at odds with the scrappy, streetwise Angel, the two immediately end up in a disagreement during their bus ride to camp which is only exacerbated by their lodging accommodations once they arrive, bunking next to one another. Fueled by their competitive peers, the two enter into a contest to see who will lose their virginity first, Angel to camper from the other side of the lake Randy (Matt Dillon, Wild Things) or Ferris to camp counselor Gary (Armand Assante, Gotti). Through the trial, the two learn as much about each other as they do themselves, turning a ribald competition into budding days of friendship.

Long elusive on home video, Ron Maxwell’s (Gettysburg) charming teen sex comedy/drama is an evocative, and often very funny, antidote and precursor to the more raucous (and masculine) sex comedies of its era, including the similarly loss of virginity focused Porky’s and Losin’ It. Written by Dalene Young (The Baby-Sitters Club) and Kimi Peck, with lush on location photography by noted Czech cinematographer Bedřich Baťka (Marketa Lazarová), Cinématographe is proud to bring LITTLE DARLINGS to blu-ray and 4K UHD for the first time in the world, newly restored from archival elements and full of illuminating special features that tell the story of this contemporary coming-of-age classic.

directed by: Ron Maxwell
starring: Tatum O'Neal, Kristy McNichol, Armand Assante, Matt Dillon, Cynthia Nixon
1980 / 96 min / 2.35:1 / English DTS-HD MA 2.0

Additional info:

• Region Free UHD/Region A Blu-ray
  • New 4K Restoration from the Original Camera Negative, presented in HDR on the UHD disc with original stereo soundtrack
  • Audio Commentary with director Ron Maxwell
  • Audio Commentary with Millie De Chirico of I Saw What You Did podcast
  • Alternate Scenes with commentary by director Ron Maxwell
  • Hour long video interview with director Ron Maxwell
  • "Don’t Let the Title Fool You: Little Darlings Beyond the Teen Sex Comedy": a video essay by Samm Deighan
  • Essays by writers Kate Hagen and Quatoyiah Murry
  • English SDH subtitles

There is supposedly a issue with this with this one, with one of the photos in the book being from a completely different movie "Paul and Michelle" . I don't have one in hand so I cant say if It has been fixed or ignored.

Attachments

• ezgif-7-baefdf0273.jpg
    ezgif-7-baefdf0273.jpg
    464.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
There is supposedly issue with this with this one, with one of the photos in the book being from a completely different movie "Paul and Michelle" . I don't have one in hand so I cant say if It has been fixed or ignored.
The issue was confirmed by Cinematographe and was not fixed before they went in for manufacturing. I've got a copy and can confirm the photo in error is in there, but Cinematographe has processed the feedback and has apologized for the issue.

Reactions: Bjarkan
There is supposedly a issue with this with this one, with one of the photos in the book being from a completely different movie "Paul and Michelle" . I don't have one in hand so I cant say if It has been fixed or ignored.
I am confusing my self with this one, this one, this one. with this one. SYSTEM ERROR!