Red Rock West ( Blu-ray Slipcase) (Vinegar Syndrome) [USA]

Jun 18, 2016
Release date: January 30, 2024
Purchase link: Vinegar Syndrome
Price:
$34.99
Note: This special limited edition J-card slipcase (designed by Sean Phillips) is limited to 6,000 units and is only available on our website and at select indie retailers. Absolutely no major retailers will be stocking them.

ezgif-7-8c4690582d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: C.C. 95 and sinusR2
Michael (Nicolas Cage, Wild at Heart), a discharged marine turned drifter, ends up in Red Rock, Wyoming in search of honest work. Wayne (J.T. Walsh, Breakdown), a local bar owner, offers Michael the dishonest work of carrying out a hit on his wife Suzanne (Lara Flynn Boyle, Twin Peaks) after mistaking him for the actual hitman, “Lyle, from Dallas”, that he hired to murder his spouse. Before Michael can split town with his downpayment, he runs into the real Lyle (Dennis Hopper, Blue Velvet) and, from there, all hell breaks loose.

Directed and co-written by John Dahl (Kill Me Again), RED ROCK WEST is an endlessly twisty slice of distinctly American neo-noir set in the heartland of the United States. Featuring stellar performances from all three leads and a nearly repellent mean-streak, Dahl’s film is an often forgotten jewel of 90s crime cinema, making its US blu-ray debut in an all new restoration from Cinématographe.

directed by: John Dahl
starring: Nicolas Cage, Dennis Hopper, Lara Flynn Boyle, J.T. Walsh
1993 / 98 min / 1.85:1 / English DTS-HD MA 2.0

Additional info:

• Region A Blu-ray
  • New 4K Restoration of the 35mm Interpositive with original stereo soundtrack
  • New interview with director and co-writer John Dahl
  • New interview with co-writer Rick Dahl
  • New commentary track with historian Alain Silver and filmmaker Christopher Coppola
  • "Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures" -- New video essay by Chris O'Neill
  • Archival interview with editor Scott Chestnut
  • "Caged In" -- Archival video essay by Petros Patsilivas
  • New text essays by writers Jourdain Searles, Keith Phipps and Justin LaLiberty
  • English SDH subtitles

Reactions: C.C. 95 and sinusR2
Didn't Vinegar offer free shipping throughout US for orders over $100, and free international for those over $200?
I'm trying today and always get a shipping charge added...

Edit: Nevermind, they disabled it because of a 'flash preorder sale' temporarily...

Last edited:
Didn't Vinegar offer free shipping throughout US for orders over $100, and free international for those over $200?
I'm trying today and always get a shipping charge added...

Edit: Nevermind, they disabled it because of a 'flash preorder sale' temporarily...
I pretty sure they always disable the free shipping every time they have a sale, and with the add to existing order option available.

Last edited: