London 2012 Olympics

Just a few more weeks for the grand opening! I thought that it would be fun to discuss teams, athletes and medals here! :) So, what are your expectations for the Games? Which discipline are you most excited for?

olympic-rings-200x200-100x100.jpg

Good to hear people outside the UK enjoyed it - I think a lot of UK people didn't :( Dunno why, miserable gits. :D I really enjoyed it, so well coordinated.

I loved every minute of the opening ceremony. Watched it live then watched it again the next day because I was so impressed by it all. Plus my favourite band (Arctic Monkeys) performed, so that was like an added bonus for me... especially since they covered The Beatles, which is something I've wanted them to do for ages!

Finally a GOLD Medal :gold: and then what comes next ANOTHER GOLD :gold: (OK they're not medals)

Sorry for the shameless tubthumping but congrats to Glover & Stanning and (Sir?) BRADLEY WIGGINS.

Last edited:
Reactions: RajLondon
Absolutely fantastic ride by Sir Bradley Wiggins. Just phenomenal. Many congratulations to Chris Froome who came home with the Bronze as well.

Wiggo will most definitely get a knighthood. In fact I would even wager it. He's already a CBE, so I think a Knighthood seems very likely.

Also I think he's now a shoe in to win BBC Sports Personality of the year!

I got more excited about the women winning the gold - they SURGED ahead bigtime and its so nice to see some people whos so down to earth - inc Wiggo ;)

Its amazing how cycling has all of a sudden become THE sport in the past year. Oh, and I couldnt help but laugh at that guy whos chain came off just as he started his time race thingymajig.

Oh, and I couldnt help but laugh at that guy whos chain came off just as he started his time race thingymajig.

:twisted: That basically ruined his chances of a medal. Apparently he had another issue later in the race as well.

But you're right about the rowing girls, fantastic result. They've been phenomenal together and it's great to see them get the Gold medal.

Another absolutely fantastic day today! Sir Chris Hoy is awesome and so is the rest of the team! Can't believe Hindes is only 19, and he's an Olympic Champion! Incredible!

P.S. so is a certain M. Phelps!

Really living up to being a fantastic games! :scat:

Sir Chris Hoy = LEGEND

Whereas I feel for Victoria Pendleton :( Probably even more so for the poor bastard who has to make these decisions.

Apart from the Cycling I REALLY enjoyed the canoe slalom - but I still get confused watching Judo. No idea how she won silver :D

What comes after a Knighthood? Being a Lord? They should give him the freedom of Edinburgh or something equivalent!

Feel really sorry for Pendelton. Hopefully she'll have a bee in her bonnet and win the singles events!

Didn't see the canoeing but fantastic result getting Gold and Silver!

And that Shooter winning Gold as well!

Rowing is always exciting as well :)

Damn that beating the US team is giving to Nigeria is ridiculous. They should have a give up option. I don't think any other team has enough to stop them.

Damn that beating the US team is giving to Nigeria is ridiculous. They should have a give up option. I don't think any other team has enough to stop them.

Looks like there is some use for Carmelo after all. In 14 minutes of play he scored 37 points!! EEK!

I noticed, man they were just toying with Nigeria, did the starting 11 even play more than the first half?

It doesn't look like it based on the minutes played. I think the player that got the most playing time was Kevin Love. Tunisia did better then Nigeria and Tunisia doesn't even have any NBA players I believe. Nigeria has at least two Diogu and Aminu.