Attachments

• 81VI1ys-f1L._SL1069_.jpg
    81VI1ys-f1L._SL1069_.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 244
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 261
Last edited by a moderator:
I knew these weren't 3D, otherwise, the marketing people would've been fired.
ALSO, PJ mentions on the hobbit 1 commentary that the forced perspective thing done on these films, were impossible to do for The Hobbit, since 3D would kill the illusion, as you can't fool it. SO, I don't know if a post convertion is possible to begin with due to that fact, second, with so many effects done with models (which I do prefer to CGI, however), I don't know how a 3D could look like. I mean, like by the end of TTT, the river flooding Isengard really looks a bit WTF, how would that translate to 3D? Or the snow covering the fellowship on FOTR? Shots that really show it was 2000 tech and that they were 95 Million dollar movies each, and not nearly 200 as the hobbit ones. (And that was with MASSIVE tax incentives by NZ government, mind you).
I am getting this babe, since I figure Hobbit 2 and 3 will get the same treatment, so will kick some butt to have all 6 films on matching steelbooks (I mean the size).

they are indeed quite goodlooking I personally like the spartan edge they have but I must say regarding the VFX that I actually prefer the ones in the RotK to the ones in the hobbit these lasts ones are in my opinion to hyperealistic the I to be fooled that something is real does not need do be overwhelmed in detail it just needs suggestions and the mind will do the rest (this is not to say i don t like the hobbit and it's VFX they are great but i dunno i just don't prefer them )

Reactions: Sargast
oh bugger well thats this one dead for me.
have ordered the following already for a total of £30 including shipping and exchange rate so works out ten quid a steel bargain! will just swap out for my extended blu-rays.

don't think these will have any inside art, zesty or anyone can help at all as will upgrade.

many thanks in advance.

basil. :thumbs:

good god i'm going to modify EEK!
first time for every thing :ohno:

+1 jumbo + no 3D + already have them = cancel for me :hilarious:
I did the same got those 3 swapped them for 3 disc inserts to hold the extended versions and stuck some artwork in ;)
(can be seen in my album link below will post printable ones in anyone wants them)

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk 4

oh bugger well thats this one dead for me.
have ordered the following already for a total of £30 including shipping and exchange rate so works out ten quid a steel bargain! will just swap out for my extended blu-rays.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C2IJJLE/?tag=hidefnin-20
51YztU0egFL._AA160_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C2IHYNE/?tag=hidefnin-20
51btEvI4ZqL._AA160_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C2IGQDI/?tag=hidefnin-20
51yUdt5ucUL._AA160_.jpg

don't think these will have any inside art, zesty or anyone can help at all as will upgrade.

many thanks in advance.

basil. :thumbs:

good god i'm going to modify EEK!
first time for every thing :ohno:

Just ordered the American steels. they're a MILLION times nicer. Thank you.
The extended steel is just... well it's ugly. From the colour, the design (I mean, seriously, that random "5 disk" bit of writing at the bottom. Completely unnecessary. *RAGE*
I like simple designs, but if it is simple ,please don't ruin it with information that isn't needed: The disk info could very easily have been j-carded or put on the back as one of those paper stick ons!

+1 jumbo + no 3D + already have them = cancel for me :hilarious:
I did the same got those 3 swapped them for 3 disc inserts to hold the extended versions and stuck some artwork in ;)
(can be seen in my album link below will post printable ones in anyone wants them)

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk 4

can put up printable ones those are awesome will finish steels off nicely many thanks in advance.

basil :thumbs:

I have this on Order but in 2 minds if i want to keep my order as I already have the Lord of the Rings Extended Trilogy box set

I'm wondering if to keep my order as looks as it will match the The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Limited Extended Edition Steelbook

Decisions Will this still be in stock at decent price or will it sell out

I have this on Order but in 2 minds if i want to keep my order as I already have the Lord of the Rings Extended Trilogy box set

I'm wondering if to keep my order as looks as it will match the The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Limited Extended Edition Steelbook

Decisions Will this still be in stock at decent price or will it sell out

Doubtful. It's not retailer exclusive, so it should be in stock for awhile, 3D or not...

Dont be so certain. The hobbit jumbo is oos most places.

Yep mate spot on! I passed on The Hobbit extended and cancelled my pre order, then had to pay £27 to get it as it was basically sold out most places.

This will go exactly the same way. It will be pretty much sold out most places within a month and definitely won't come down in price.

I used my mystery Discount on this 12% off
€21.96
I will be keeping my Order now as its part of a group order of steelbooks
Frozen 3D/Aliens/Cars 3D/Filth/Lord of the Rings all with 12% off the price

At that price its not bad I hope I don't regret it

Reactions: psychoscot
I've read some reviews on amazon saying this is a inferior compared to the amaray EE but sounds like crap to me after all these should be the same identical disks shouldn't they?!

I've read some reviews on amazon saying this is a inferior compared to the amaray EE but sounds like crap to me after all these should be the same identical disks shouldn't they?!

Fans just pee'd off that they bought the standard version and want to bash these new ones.