Machete Kills (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: February 17, 2014
Purchase link: Buy Machete Kills here - live for order on Saturday, 11/2 at 5:30PM BST
Price: £17.99
Notes: Limited to 4000 units

10868769-1385054163-67772.jpg

Inner artwork:
machete1.jpg

View attachment 59710

Last edited:
meh dont hate it but did they bin the back
could mean there is still hope for the back getting art?
similar to lohan on the back of 1st

Not the best design from the competition and certainly not the worst IMO. The thing I hated about this cover from the start was that the designer used the same Machete pic for the front as the one for the first steelbook.

attachment.php
blu-ray_machete_steelbook_full2.jpg

Attachments

• cover_front_temp1_upload_nocert_zps7a043d98.jpg
    cover_front_temp1_upload_nocert_zps7a043d98.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 85
Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, very bad choice IMO. I actually preferred the original artwork they put up before they decided to do a competition. So disappointing, as there were some really great designs!

Reactions: dfoles
seems Danny Trejo cant get enough of his own face :(

agree not the best from the pros who entered, but not the worst either.
I do like the back art :

cover_back_temp1_upload_zps577f590a.jpg

but the front is generic, boring and too similar to the original IMO :movie: In a way, we are right back at where we started :squint:

congrats to the winner anyway :thumbs: I dont think i'll be buying this at all tho, unless zavvi give it premium heavy gloss treatment... or they put it on sale for 9.99.

Last edited:
Reactions: PoisonClan and kron
I preferred the original art EEK!

maybe if they introduced a clause that you would have to buy all the unsold copies folks would put more effort into the design....:hilarious:

I'll wait for it to be in the £7.99 sales...lets face it, its gonna be in there....

Reactions: SaberTooth
77343.jpg

Empire said:
Said Lionsgate: “Danny’s chosen winner is the fantastic entry by tommypocket who said himself "It's Machete, it's a steelbook... so let's see that METAL!" Machete agrees. As ever we were blown away by the standard of entries and thank everyone for their amazing work.” Here's Mr T with the goods.

not allowed to post links 2 other sites but full story on thier site