Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Mad Max: Furiosa

Director: George Miller

Cast: Jodie Comer, Richard Madden, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

Plot: Prequel to the 2015 film "Mad Max: Fury Road".

Not surprised :(
Waited 9 years for this, one of last decade's highly anticipated movies IMO, but it was a big let-down. I seriously doubt if it get's a se/pre-quel

Edit: just noticed this a sort of copy/paste of my post in May :)
Still looking forward to it. I wasn’t at first but I’ve heard good things from a lot of people. I’ll find out on June 25th anyway

Movies cost far, far too much and have way, way too much hype. No wonder the corporate blood sucking ticks can't cope when they underperform.
Even if they are well reviewed movies.
I can see the same in the game industry. I can see the same in the TV streaming industry.
Ego bubbles are stretched and beginning to collapse.
It's both a very interesting and a sadly worrying time.

Still can't fully make up my mind on this. Definitely disappointed me but it did have parts that I liked and appreciated the craft that went into it. Curious to see how the premiums turn out as I haven't liked any of the steels announced so far. A couple of posters / pieces of artwork I've seen would definitely tempt me if utilised.

Regarding its performance, do Mad Max movies ever light up the box office and do the companies distributing and producing them expect them to? It's of a pretty specific genre or style and definitely doesn't appeal to everyone. I'd probably look at this much like I'd look at Blade Runner 2049. Viewed as a box office flop (in NA at least, think it performed well in other regions and was packed out both times I went to see it), but critically acclaimed received extremely well and highly regarded by a lot of people. That didn't seem to do Denis Villeneueve's reputation or future work any damage either by any means, and I doubt Furiosa will do that to George Miller either.