Mad Max Fury Road: Black & Chrome Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

TheJoker

The Clown Prince Ninja
Premium Supporter
Jan 19, 2013
England
Release date: February 13, 2017 (first run) - July 24, 2017 (second run of 1000 copies)
Purchase link: Zavvi (second run of 1000 copies going live Saturday, June 3 at 12PM UK time).
Additional stock from European run offered to Zavvi. Live 11/1/2017.
Price: £15.99
Note: Includes colour theatrical cut

MM1.jpg

11373866-1664441587461121.jpg
11373866-1034439209485927.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, George Miller initially envisioned this film being black and white- and advocated for the film to be black and white. However, the studio denied that claim, and preferred that he go the more traditional, desaturated style. Miller did not do this, and just to piss them off- he made the film as colorful as he possibly could. xD

I knew that. I was just being a little sarky! :thumbs: ;) :naughty:

This is the most amazing looking of all the Mad Max films. The colour pallete alone is perfect. To release a black and white (sorry, black and chrome!) version of that just takes away from the visual feast for me personally.

Reactions: FN-2187
Art could be better

Although after watching it a few more times I think it's a little over rated and this is coming from a huge MM fan. Felt more like a spin off with Max shoe horned in.

Should have been called Furious Furiosa

Easy pass for me on this. This is bringing the cash cow to a whole new level.

Director: 'Oh I'll pretend my vision for this film was to be in black and white and I'll re-release it again for the lucrative Christmas market and call it the 'Black and Chrome edition'. And many shall come and fork out again for the same movie '!!!!

I'll turn down the colour on my TV next time I watch it and save me the expense! :p

The Mist had a black and white version, was well nice, very effective. But with Fury Road being mostly golden yellow anyway.... Not sure it needed a black and white edition.
There is a LOT more to mastering a B&W film than simply draining the color. Turning down the color on your TV is not even remotely the same thing.

Was this film shot in B&W and then colour graded? If not, the whole thing is a gimmick and just a marketing tactic to push sales. Unless there is a separate B&W master available, I don't think how different it is going to look by simply turning the colour on the telly / PJ to 0. With 4K and HDR, I think it makes no sense to do B&W.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Was this film shot in B&W and then colour graded? If not, the whole thing is a gimmick and just a marketing tactic to push sales. Unless there is a separate B&W master available, I don't think how different it is going to look by simply turning the colour on the telly / PJ to 0. With 4K and HDR, I think it makes no sense to do B&W.

I read ages ago he's wanted it for a while and they were spending a lot of time converting it to "black and chrome"

I knew this was going to happen at some point just wasn't sure when