Mad Max Fury Road: Black & Chrome Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

TheJoker

The Clown Prince Ninja
Premium Supporter
Jan 19, 2013
England
Release date: February 13, 2017 (first run) - July 24, 2017 (second run of 1000 copies)
Purchase link: Zavvi (second run of 1000 copies going live Saturday, June 3 at 12PM UK time).
Additional stock from European run offered to Zavvi. Live 11/1/2017.
Price: £15.99
Note: Includes colour theatrical cut

MM1.jpg

11373866-1664441587461121.jpg
11373866-1034439209485927.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting idea indeed I suppose designed to not upset the buyers of the original better first editions with same quality second editions of the same steelbook making the originals less desirable but "cheaper alternatives" as second editions presumably not affecting the desirability factor of the first editions.
This FURY ROAD steelbook maybe shades of things to come with other early long OOP U.K. steelbooks showing at the time of writing on Amazon.It such as:-
- WATCHMEN [Play] (U.K.Oct 2012 . . . ITALY July 2017)
- MOON [Zavvi] (U.K. Oct 2014 . . . ITALY July 2017)
- WORLD WAR Z [ES] (U.K. Oct 2013 . . . ITALY July 2017)
- SALT [HMV] (U.K. Dec 2010 . . . ITALY July 2017)
- SUPER 8 [HMV] (U.K. Dec 2011 . . . ITALY July 2017)
- THE GREEN HORNET [HMV] (U.K. May 2011 . . . ITALY July 2017)
- ELYSIUM [non-exclusive] (U.K. Dec 2013 . . . ITALY July 2017)
- HANSEL & GRETEL: WITCH HUNTERS [ES] (U.K. Jun 2013 . . . ITALY July 2017) . . .
All familiar to buyers of U.K. steelbooks and nearly all exclusive to one of four retailers here in the U.K. (HMV. Entertainment Store, Play.com and Zavvi) and a couple at least VERY, very nice indeed.

FURY ROAD reportedly exactly the same steelbook as was released here in the U.K. in February of this year and remains to be seen if Zavvi will be offered 1,000 of each of the above in the same way . . . and also remains too be seen if these upcoming steels from Italy are exactly the same as those released in the U.K. some years ago now..

Have you ever considered using spoilers on your posts in particular the images you keep pasting on here?

^ As I don't wish to be rude I'll reserve comment on your post above but I will make a pictorial comment about your valuable contributions in the SotD thread:-

Just for you
image.axd

Native to the equatorial rainforest of Central Sumatra in Western Indonesia, the Titan Arum is considered to be the smelliest flower in the world! As the name suggests, this flower apparently smells like a rotting corpse. Thankfully, the flowers only bloom every 4-6 years and only last for about 24-48 hours at a time. The smell of rotten flesh, however, lingers in the air for days afterwards. The Titan Arum flower can stretch to 3 metres and is actually not one flower but thousands of tiny flowers which botanists call infloresence.

• Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc
^ As I don't wish to be rude I'll reserve comment on your post above but I will make a pictorial comment about your valuable contributions in the SotD thread:-

Not sure what SOD has to do with anything. I asked have you considered using spoilers in your posts in particular with images you keep posting here? It's a simple question I asked, but as always you go off topic.

^ I was having a civilised conversation with one apsmith regarding re-issues so I don't know what the heck you're on about with you off-topic comment or why you even felt the need to butt in with such a worthless contribution.
If you're unable to be civilised and only enjoy going rogue then all I can suggest is you take some deep breaths before you enter keyboard warrior mode.
Anyway, I strongly suggest you put me on your ignore list as I undoubtedly try your patience as much as you try mine.

• Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc
^ I was having a civilised conversation with one apsmith regarding re-issues so I don't know what the heck you're on about with you off-topic comment or why you even felt the need to butt in with such a worthless contribution.
If you're unable to be civilised and only enjoy going rogue then all I can suggest is you take some deep breaths before you enter keyboard warrior mode.
Anyway, I strongly suggest you put me on your ignore list as I undoubtedly try your patience as much as you try mine.
I asked a question, not sure how it's rude? :rofl: Nearly Every post you have attaches images on. Might help with a spoiler? Helps so I can scroll down easier perhaps? Obviously you have not considered this but it might help for everyone to have spoilers attached? Not sure how I am 'unable to be civilised?' Absolute no idea what you have about testing patience. All I did was ask a suitable questions to enable your posts to flow better :LOL:

If you missed out on this you will be able to get the exact same steelbook from the European release in other countries
Most likely rest of the print run will be released in France or Germany or Italy
The only difference will be the Jcard in each country

Zavvi was given a extra 1,000 from this European print run all Warner had to do was print off extra 1,000 UK Jcards

Zavvi had time period exclusive as a UK release in February before the rest of the print run was due for a release in other countries that's not unusual it happens often with Warner and other Film Studio distributor Steelbooks

Most times when you see a steelbook with print run of 1,000 or 2,000 most times it's going to have a release in other countries can be released at the same time or at different times and this happens a lot with Warner and Sony releases

Got my order in thankfully... like an idiot I cancelled my original pre-order for the first release. :bag:

Why did you cancel lol?
Think I was probably short on funds at the time and figured I already have the previous steel and wasn't interested in the "chrome" version of the film, so it made sense to cancel... I obviously kicked myself once I saw in hand photos though. :facepalm:

Think I was probably short on funds at the time and figured I already have the previous steel and wasn't interested in the "chrome" version of the film, so it made sense to cancel... I obviously kicked myself once I saw in hand photos though. :facepalm:

No harm done, patience paid off :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I agree, I mean four months and releasing again is a bit of insult. If they are going to add another 1,000 copies they should say so at the start. Or do a re-release a few years later.

I agree fully, but you an I have been in the game long enough to know Warner don't care about steel collectors. Harry Potter, Blade Runner, Matrix and all the Nolan Batman's have been done to death.

Reactions: sunnyx
I agree fully, but you an I have been in the game long enough to know Warner don't care about steel collectors. Harry Potter, Blade Runner, Matrix and all the Nolan Batman's have been done to death.

Doesn't really matter what we say here :rofl: I'm still waiting for The Conjuring to be released (again) :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: jitstark