Mad Max Fury Road: Black & Chrome Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

TheJoker

The Clown Prince Ninja
Premium Supporter
Jan 19, 2013
England
Release date: February 13, 2017 (first run) - July 24, 2017 (second run of 1000 copies)
Purchase link: Zavvi (second run of 1000 copies going live Saturday, June 3 at 12PM UK time).
Additional stock from European run offered to Zavvi. Live 11/1/2017.
Price: £15.99
Note: Includes colour theatrical cut

MM1.jpg

11373866-1664441587461121.jpg
11373866-1034439209485927.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think any of them were reprinted per se. Jungle Book's and Little Mermaid's print runs were increased from the initial ones, but I think it was done before the actual release date.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: StifflersDad
I received an alert for this this morning and tried to order straight away via my mobile, however, their system wouldn't allow me to proceed to my payment method so I missed out as it had sold out by the time I could get to a computer.

Sent Zavvi a complaint regarding this in anticipation of a crappy, condescending generic response. Strangely enough, I have had no problem attempting to place orders via my mobile prior to this or afterwards.......

I received an alert for this this morning and tried to order straight away via my mobile, however, their system wouldn't allow me to proceed to my payment method so I missed out as it had sold out by the time I could get to a computer.

Sent Zavvi a complaint regarding this in anticipation of a crappy, condescending generic response. Strangely enough, I have had no problem attempting to place orders via my mobile prior to this or afterwards.......

All 1,000 will likely be on fleabay tonight for £50 each.

Expect them to come back in stock when Zavvi do a headcount.

These will apparently be available for instant purchase. Stock will ship within the next few days. Not July. Zavvi have confirmed this with me.
Bit of a problem for anyone awaiting a middle of the month payday.

Just watch the flood of cancellations now!

C'mon, guys, as if you didn't know, this is not a re-print done especially for Zavvi . . . this is simply a case of 1,000 units offered to Zavvi out of the coming general European print run.
In other words, if there was no European print run there would be no 1,000 steels for Zavvi BUT of course you could / can still buy the same steelbook from another territory when it becomes available

Regarding re-prints of U.K. steelbooks: Fair few indeed re-issued with different artwork and/or content but not many the same steelbooks re-issued . . . and even some of those could be like FURY ROAD as in allocated to the U.K. from a new European run . . . or even could be from the same original print run with second chance availability after the exclusivity has expired on the first.

Same steels "re-printed" that I can recall:-
- STAR TREK XI (2009 Play and 2013 Zavvi) - same steelbook w/ different content as in 3 discs vs.1 disc.
- THE SEVEN SAMURAI (2013 Zavvi excl. and 2014 everywhere)
- OLDBOY (2012 Play and 2013 everywhere)
- AVATAR (2010 Online exclusive w/ survival guide and art cards . . . and 2013 everywhere)
- THE WALKING DEAD: SEASONS 2 & 3 (2013 Entertainment Store and 2016 Zavvi)
- LIFE OF PI (2013 w/ lenti everywhere and 2014 w/out Zavvi)

C'mon, guys, as if you didn't know, this is not a re-print done especially for Zavvi . . . this is simply a case of 1,000 units offered to Zavvi out of the coming general European print run.
In other words, if there was no European print run there would be no 1,000 steels for Zavvi BUT of course you could / can still buy the same steelbook from another territory when it becomes available

Regarding re-prints of U.K. steelbooks: Fair few indeed re-issued with different artwork and/or content but not many the same steelbooks re-issued . . . and even some of those could be like FURY ROAD as in allocated to the U.K. from a new European run . . . or even could be from the same original print run with second chance availability after the exclusivity has expired on the first.

Same steels "re-printed" that I can recall:-
- STAR TREK XI (2009 Play and 2013 Zavvi) - same steelbook w/ different content as in 3 discs vs.1 disc.
- THE SEVEN SAMURAI (2013 Zavvi excl. and 2014 everywhere)
- OLDBOY (2012 Play and 2013 everywhere)
- AVATAR (2010 Online exclusive w/ survival guide and art cards . . . and 2013 everywhere)
- THE WALKING DEAD: SEASONS 2 & 3 (2013 Entertainment Store and 2016 Zavvi)
- LIFE OF PI (2013 w/ lenti everywhere and 2014 w/out Zavvi)

In addition to this, a bunch of different USA steels have been reprinted a number of times, most notably in some situations as part of a wave.

Often in the USA examples, the steelbooks are basic reissues - flat matte without anything that made the original steelbook special (but they are often marketed as a cheaper alternative).

Deadpool (2016 - global run with embossing, etc - Best Buy and 2016 reprint, basic case, Fox wave @ Best Buy)
Straight Out of Compton (2016 - Target, 2017 - Target wave)
The Dark Knight Rises (Best Buy original print, Best Buy part of Warner Bros wave)

And a bunch more I can't think of right now

• Helpful Post
Reactions: robbodoc
This is a Warner release and they re-print all the time. Sometimes with the same artwork, sometimes not but expect a re-release of some kind every 6-12 months for a Warner title.

This is a Warner release and they re-print all the time. Sometimes with the same artwork, sometimes not but expect a re-release of some kind every 6-12 months for a Warner title.

I agree, I mean four months and releasing again is a bit of insult. If they are going to add another 1,000 copies they should say so at the start. Or do a re-release a few years later.

In addition to this, a bunch of different USA steels have been reprinted a number of times, most notably in some situations as part of a wave.

Often in the USA examples, the steelbooks are basic reissues - flat matte without anything that made the original steelbook special (but they are often marketed as a cheaper alternative).

Interesting idea indeed I suppose designed to not upset the buyers of the original better first editions with same quality second editions of the same steelbook making the originals less desirable but "cheaper alternatives" as second editions presumably not affecting the desirability factor of the first editions.
This FURY ROAD steelbook maybe shades of things to come with other early long OOP U.K. steelbooks showing at the time of writing on Amazon.It such as:-
- WATCHMEN [Play] (U.K.Oct 2012 . . . ITALY July 2017)
- MOON [Zavvi] (U.K. Oct 2014 . . . ITALY July 2017)
- WORLD WAR Z [ES] (U.K. Oct 2013 . . . ITALY July 2017)
- SALT [HMV] (U.K. Dec 2010 . . . ITALY July 2017)
- SUPER 8 [HMV] (U.K. Dec 2011 . . . ITALY July 2017)
- THE GREEN HORNET [HMV] (U.K. May 2011 . . . ITALY July 2017)
- ELYSIUM [non-exclusive] (U.K. Dec 2013 . . . ITALY July 2017)
- HANSEL & GRETEL: WITCH HUNTERS [ES] (U.K. Jun 2013 . . . ITALY July 2017) . . .
All familiar to buyers of U.K. steelbooks and nearly all exclusive to one of four retailers here in the U.K. (HMV. Entertainment Store, Play.com and Zavvi) and a couple at least VERY, very nice indeed.
FURY ROAD reportedly exactly the same steelbook as was released here in the U.K. in February of this year and remains to be seen if Zavvi will be offered 1,000 of each of the above in the same way . . . and also remains too be seen if these upcoming steels from Italy are exactly the same as those released in the U.K. some years ago now..

Last edited by a moderator: