Man stabbed to death over video game

mobius387

beer snob
Premium Supporter
Feb 16, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Roger Burks, aged 20, from Baltimore, has been sentenced to six and a half years in jail for the voluntary manslaughter of Irvin Conley, aged 24.

The stabbing occurred at a family barbecue, where a fight broke out over allegations that a man had cheated at a PlayStation videogame. The fight was between Burks and his two cousins. A fourth man, Brandon Gray, tried to intervene in the fight by choking Burks. Burks then stabbed Gray in the stomach.

Conley, the only man involved without a substantial criminal record, then tried to break up the fight, but Burks fatally stabbed him, hitting the carotid artery. Coney was one of the few people at the barbecue not related to the family holding the event.

Gray survived the stabbing, but refused to cooperate with the prosecution. Most relatives declined to give evidence. When officers arrived at the scene, there was one person "hosing down the crime scene."

Burks has the intelligence of "a middle schooler," and while he suffers from behavioural disorders, he is not mentally ill. He was drunk at the time of the incident.

brings a whole new meaning to the term "hard-core gamer" :hilarious:

my favorite part about the whole thing was how the police found the family hosing down the crime scene. it would make the imagery oooh sooo much better if only the guy hosing it down was holding a piece of barbecue chicken in the other hand. hahaha

A man was charged with first-degree murder Sunday after shooting his acquaintance in his head wile playing an X-Box game in a Chicago Lawn apartment building three weeks ago.

Joseph Johnson, 28, is accused of killing Danny W. Taylor on April 5.

Johnson and Taylor were allegedly playing an X-Box game, possibly "Call of Duty," when an argument erupted between the two men, police said.

Taylor's girlfriend told police she saw Johnson running out the door with a gun in his hand when she returned from the store. She said she found Taylor's body inside the house still clutching the video game joystick in his hand and the game still playing.

Johnson was also wanted on a fugitive warrant out of North Carolina, police said.

wow, another murder over a video game. i believe we have a pandemic on our hands. CALL THE CDC!!!!

puuuhhhlease .... dude prolly owed him crack money or something and wanted his xbox and he wouldnt let it go and he ..... yeah....

Another tragic loss at the cost of stupidity. Alot less respect for human life these days.

true but what if you head is cut off you die instantly right?

Actually it *HAS* been determined that while your head may be severed from your body it can take anywhere from a few seconds to 10-15 seconds before the severed head stops reacting.

A lot of recorded history during the french revolution talks about how severed heads would be shown to the audience so that the victim could see the crowd before losing conciousness - and a couple of occasions where the victim's name was called and appeared to have reacted intelligently.

It was on the discovery channel a couple weeks ago if I'm not mistaken...

A very gruesome and graphic thought. Me personally? Dying peacefully in my sleep sounds good to me.

Actually it *HAS* been determined that while your head may be severed from your body it can take anywhere from a few seconds to 10-15 seconds before the severed head stops reacting.

A lot of recorded history during the french revolution talks about how severed heads would be shown to the audience so that the victim could see the crowd before losing conciousness - and a couple of occasions where the victim's name was called and appeared to have reacted intelligently.

It was on the discovery channel a couple weeks ago if I'm not mistaken...

A very gruesome and graphic thought. Me personally? Dying peacefully in my sleep sounds good to me.
thanks for the info i could have sworn people die instantly i learned something new:scat: