Man stabbed to death over video game

mobius387

beer snob
Premium Supporter
Feb 16, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Roger Burks, aged 20, from Baltimore, has been sentenced to six and a half years in jail for the voluntary manslaughter of Irvin Conley, aged 24.

The stabbing occurred at a family barbecue, where a fight broke out over allegations that a man had cheated at a PlayStation videogame. The fight was between Burks and his two cousins. A fourth man, Brandon Gray, tried to intervene in the fight by choking Burks. Burks then stabbed Gray in the stomach.

Conley, the only man involved without a substantial criminal record, then tried to break up the fight, but Burks fatally stabbed him, hitting the carotid artery. Coney was one of the few people at the barbecue not related to the family holding the event.

Gray survived the stabbing, but refused to cooperate with the prosecution. Most relatives declined to give evidence. When officers arrived at the scene, there was one person "hosing down the crime scene."

Burks has the intelligence of "a middle schooler," and while he suffers from behavioural disorders, he is not mentally ill. He was drunk at the time of the incident.

brings a whole new meaning to the term "hard-core gamer" :hilarious:

Wasn't there a guy in the French Revolution times that proved your head was still alive after it was being cut off? I think he ended up in the guillotine, then he blinked several times after his head was severed.

Wasn't there a guy in the French Revolution times that proved your head was still alive after it was being cut off? I think he ended up in the guillotine, then he blinked several times after his head was severed.

from what I remember seeing on the discovery channel there was all kinds of that stuff being reported.. but here's what Wiki reports from a Dr. Beaurieux in 1905:

Here, then, is what I was able to note immediately after the decapitation: the eyelids and lips of the guillotined man worked in irregularly rhythmic contractions for about five or six seconds. This phenomenon has been remarked by all those finding themselves in the same conditions as myself for observing what happens after the severing of the neck...

I waited for several seconds. The spasmodic movements ceased. [...] It was then that I called in a strong, sharp voice: 'Languille!' I saw the eyelids slowly lift up, without any spasmodic contractions – I insist advisedly on this peculiarity – but with an even movement, quite distinct and normal, such as happens in everyday life, with people awakened or torn from their thoughts.

Next Languille's eyes very definitely fixed themselves on mine and the pupils focused themselves. I was not, then, dealing with the sort of vague dull look without any expression, that can be observed any day in dying people to whom one speaks: I was dealing with undeniably living eyes which were looking at me. After several seconds, the eyelids closed again[...].

It was at that point that I called out again and, once more, without any spasm, slowly, the eyelids lifted and undeniably living eyes fixed themselves on mine with perhaps even more penetration than the first time. Then there was a further closing of the eyelids, but now less complete. I attempted the effect of a third call; there was no further movement – and the eyes took on the glazed look which they have in the dead

Link: Living Heads

i kilt a controller because of a game once.

i guess that's not as cool as stabbing a man?

Sir_Sean_Connery_wearing_Scottish_kilt.jpg

sixaxis-controller-2.jpg

:rofl: