Meg 2: The Trench (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 16, 2023
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre order live on Friday August 4th at 9AM UK time)
Price: £29.99
Notes: Limited to 1,000

Meg 2 front.jpg
Back.png Meg 2 open.jpg Meg 2 Inside.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JamieDeak
Eh got an order in.. film is getting roasted by critics but I love a cheesy shark flick and found the first one entertaining enough. Steelbook looks great too

Reactions: Flloydo
Honestly couldn't give a hoot about this film... first one did nothing for me
fair enough. :) although this one is not just another shark. and it's not even just more than one shark... one thing it is not, is a typical Ben Wheatley film. o_O still baffled he said yes to this. although studio chatter is that Warner Bros. interefered yet again with final cut.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles
fair enough. :) although this one is not just another shark. and it's not even just more than one shark... one thing it is not, is a typical Ben Wheatley film. o_O still baffled he said yes to this. although studio chatter is that Warner Bros. interefered yet again with final cut.
Credit where credit's due, I don't think I've seen any two Wheatley films that are alike. But, yeah... typical WB! You'd think they would've learned their lesson after all the DCEU films they ruined by interfering with the directors original vision.

Credit where credit's due, I don't think I've seen any two Wheatley films that are alike. But, yeah... typical WB! You'd think they would've learned their lesson after all the DCEU films they ruined by interfering with the directors original vision.
I’ll tell you this. They haven’t learned their lesson. If anything it annoys them that ZSJL is loved

They still push josstice league and even a dig/ joke in Barbie

Reactions: Noodles
Right, why do you hire directors with their own styles anyway, get Ron Howard or Spielberg if you want 'generic product'. :naughty:

• Haha
I’ll tell you this. They haven’t learned their lesson. If anything it annoys them that ZSJL is loved

They still push josstice league and even a dig/ joke in Barbie
Didn't they even say they regret going ahead with the Snyder Cut? It was literally the best decision they've ever made, idiots.

i did read one interesting review, avoiding spoilers (full disclosure - i've not seen it yet, which does somewhat diminish any comments i might make :D, but the trailer was... interesting :wow:) that said you get hints throughout that Wheatley was deliberately trying to make a reverse popcorn film, an anti-blockbuster, where you didn't root for any of the human stars, but for the monsters. pure speculation, of course :rolleyes:, but i can imagine WB didn't like that much if true. also makes more sense to me that Wheately would say yes to try to do that film.

any-way... i am sure i'll see this one eventually. on a plane, probably. like the last one.

for anyone who has not see the what seems like a very spoilery trailer (more WB studio exec 'intelligence' on display), here it is.

I watched it last night and I thought it was entertaining. I wouldn’t go as far as to say ‘very funny’, and having watched it I’m not fussed about seeing it again. If it does well I’m sure we will see another sequel, Meg 3.

Talking of sequels, they ran trailers for Equalizer 3 and Expendables 4.

Reactions: Beersandblurays
Worldwide box office is currently tracking higher than the first one so I think signs are good for a trilogy but who knows these days. I'm off to see it later :thumbs: