Monsters University (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection #2) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: November 25th, 2013
Price: £23.99
Buy Link: Monsters University LIVE!!
The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

10831199-1378486144-283787.jpg

10831199-1378486218-420282.jpg

10831199-1378486201-127193.jpg

10831199-1378486183-979116.jpg

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 374
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 413
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 404
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 403
Last edited by a moderator:
This is now on the pre order page (page 2) but not live yet

I reakon this will go live again this weekend or next

Thanks guys! Glad everyone likes it. Hoping Zavvi has something similar planned. I hate that duct tape art. Feels cheap.

And yeah, it's a good point about the title on there twice. I just used an existing poster obviously, that's strange that they put it on there twice. I guess they want the "official" logo on there.

If that ends up as the artwork used for this steel then it would go into my top 4 favorite steelbooks I own. It is amazing looking imo, love it:drool:. I felt the pic they had up when I pre ordered this steel was quite boring looking and as someone else commented, "cheap looking"

Reactions: Flloydo
If that ends up as the artwork used for this steel then it would go into my top 4 favorite steelbooks I own. It is amazing looking imo, love it:drool:. I felt the pic they had up when I pre ordered this steel was quite boring looking and as someone else commented, "cheap looking"

Me too, I said this yesterday about wreck it ralph but if they use the front that we are all enjoying for this then it will defo be my top 1. Ralph being 2nd lol aslong as they are glossy. I'm not bothered about embossing on this but the monsters university on the gates would look cool embossed.

Just because they changed wreck it ralph doesn't mean they'll change this too. We don't own them and they wont want us getting the wrong idea. I think it's nice they listened to us before and if this doesn't changed I wont be too phased. Although that artwork is great and you guys who make these are very talented. Well done. Considering how I don't think the artwork on zavvi is final I hope it that artwork. Fingers crossed.

^Yeah, I don't think anyone expects to decide every artwork from here on out, but that doesn't mean it isn't fun to explore the possibilities :)

True shout. I'm just overwhelmed with zavvi doing what they did. No other retailer would do that normally. Now all i've seen is 'they changed wreck it ralph so' just my opinion :)

I really hope the design is more similar to the original movie poster (used on the 2D edition in the US). I just don't like this cover design for the film at all.

Me too, I said this yesterday about wreck it ralph but if they use the front that we are all enjoying for this then it will defo be my top 1. Ralph being 2nd lol aslong as they are glossy. I'm not bothered about embossing on this but the monsters university on the gates would look cool embossed.

Thanks for the heads up on wir, didn't know they changed it till I read ur post.
I hadn't commented about the monsters university because I thought that it was possible for it to be changed(until reading ur post lol), just that I absolutely love the mock up, but as they have changed wir, and as zavvi has never put up any other art work for monsters U (except the front) it wouldn't be a massive leap to change the art at this point?? If they do or don't change it, I will buy it anyway cos I loved the movie. . But if they did change it to the mock, then it would go from number 70 in my favourite steels to number 2 (No.1 being the raid).
I agree with you 100% for a glossy finish. . Also the gates being immbossed and it would be amazing.
Just dreaming here I think, but it's a very nice dream.

Also, well done to the member who created it, you should do this kind of thing for a living, if you don't already of course.

Reactions: Flloydo