Moonage Daydream (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Collector's Edition) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 11, 2023
Purchase links: Collector's Edition Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - SteelBook only Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £29.99 (Collector's Edition) - £24.99 (SteelBook only)

917wIxzdTJL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

91QwubRjUlL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 91IvjZFb9rL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81yrKXIydrL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 91I5b9eFSuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 7119sA76z4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Kavale and Daubt
Collector's Edition
  • Includes 4K UHD and Blu-ray
  • Gloss Finish Steelbook
  • Rigid Slipcase with Soft-touch finish and Spot-gloss
  • 4 Collectors Art Cards

SteelBook Only Edition
  • Gloss Finish Steelbook 4K UHD and Blu-ray

Extras

• MOONAGE SOUNDSCAPES - Interview with Brett Morgen, David Giammarco & Paul Massey
  • Q&A AT THE TCL CHINESE THEATRE - Featuring Brett Morgen, Mark Romanek, Mike Garson & Jack Black
  • PREVIOUSLY UNSEEN LIVE PERFORMANCE OF ‘ROCK N ROLL WITH ME’
  • INTERVIEW FEATURETTES – with Director Brett Morgen
  • A film that is the Artist
  • More than a Musician
  • Working with the Archive

Reactions: Kavale
It's a top notch doco on Bowie. Let's it all play out in Bowie's own words and with stacks of existing footage. No crappy input from "celebrity stars".
It's a highly stylised movie mind you but probably one of the best music orientated docos in recent memory.
I recommend it for anyone interested in musical history and for fans of Bowie, well it's a must watch.

Reactions: Punker76
More 'style over substance' with this documentary and left me feeling a bit underwhelmed...
Spent too much time pushing the 'otherwordly' image he projected and didn't really bring anything new to the table...
Nicely shot but left me wanting more...
I felt the same way, although visually it was stunning to see in IMAX.

Reactions: leelee17
Slip is better than the steel. But I’m still in

It's decent, a lot of the footage and interviews have been around a lot before so there's not a massive amount of new stuff in it but it's collated well. Although I wasn't a massive fan of the edits in-between but it was nothing major.
I heard it glosses over his 80s and 90s work. It's a real shame, considering I loved his 90s work.

There isn't much to the collector's edition compared to previous similar editions from Universal so I hope you guys get a break on the price.

Or else all the posts after it goes live will be "£44.99 for just that?!!!"