Moonage Daydream (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Collector's Edition) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 11, 2023
Purchase links: Collector's Edition Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - SteelBook only Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £29.99 (Collector's Edition) - £24.99 (SteelBook only)

917wIxzdTJL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

91QwubRjUlL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 91IvjZFb9rL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81yrKXIydrL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 91I5b9eFSuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 7119sA76z4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Kavale and Daubt
I heard it glosses over his 80s and 90s work. It's a real shame, considering I loved his 90s work.
Yeah that was definitely a shame, I mean given the title of it I wasn't too surprised in hindsight that it focused more on those years around Ziggy but it felt jarring seeing how much time was spent on that and then seeing the rush towards the end. It also had an idealistic tone given it conveniently never mentioned his period of heavy substance abuse and the significance of that during the Ziggy / Thin White Duke years to his move to Berlin.

Reactions: Kersey
I was sure that I was going to preorder a copy but that steelbook is really underwhelming. The red background is fine and the two images are okay, but it just looks to me like some super lazy photoshop work. Maybe it just really needs a title on the front. Inside art looks cool, though.

And I have no idea why the people at Universal who design these editions have such a thing for the oversized 4K “+” blu-ray logos on the slipbox spine. I think it looks really bad.

And I have no idea why the people at Universal who design these editions have such a thing for the oversized 4K “+” blu-ray logos on the slipbox spine. I think it looks really bad.
Yup, I really hate that too. Just put the 4K logo like everyone else and leave it be. It's the "+" that's always griped me though, looks so amateur.

SteelBook only edition listing gone at the moment on Amazon

Zavvi have listings for both Collector's and SteelBook only but not live yet or they sold out already

Live to pre order at zavvi. Collectors edition £29.99

More 'style over substance' with this documentary and left me feeling a bit underwhelmed...
Spent too much time pushing the 'otherwordly' image he projected and didn't really bring anything new to the table...
Nicely shot but left me wanting more...

This.

I'm huge Bowie fan (own all albums and them some ... ) and not gonna get this.

So bad "documantary".

Told something, left so much untold. Showed same footage many times. Left good footage out. WTF ?!

Very very disappointed. Montage of Heck is Masterpiece. This is Crap !

Reactions: leelee17
This.

I'm huge Bowie fan (own all albums and them some ... ) and not gonna get this.

So bad "documantary".

Told something, left so much untold. Showed same footage many times. Left good footage out. WTF ?!

Very very disappointed. Montage of Heck is Masterpiece. This is Crap !
I'm not sure I'd call it crap :LOL:
It certainly isn't for everyone but the fact it gave us something visually different I found very appealing.
Still won't be buying it though, I've got a funny thing against owning documentaries on physical media. I must be weird. :whistle: