Mulholland Drive (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (WEA) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Limited to 2000

Release date: September 15th (was August 11,2014)
Price: £17.99
Purchase link: Mulholland Drive

Full gloss

WEA

mullholland.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A reluctant pass for me due to the abysmal cover art, certainly the worst to date of the Zavvi steelbooks from the former 'Studio Canal Collection'. Why couldn't they have just gone with the iconic artwork from the digibooks?

The more I think about it, the more I'm dreading what they're going to do with "The Third Man" and "The Lady Killers"!

I have pre ordered. Only had this on DVD.

The Digibook art looks much better! The only thing to save that art is the finish and I can't see that being enough. If I had this on Blu Ray it would be a pass.

A reluctant pass for me due to the abysmal cover art, certainly the worst to date of the Zavvi steelbooks from the former 'Studio Canal Collection'. Why couldn't they have just gone with the iconic artwork from the digibooks?

The more I think about it, the more I'm dreading what they're going to do with "The Third Man" and "The Lady Killers"!

Like Augustus - reluctant pass. Rotten excuse for cover art. Happily I do own the digibook.

Similarly dread to think what they have in store for some of my favourite titles - Third Man and The Ladykillers will likely be bad, and expect a total farce when we come to Last Year In Marienbad, Le Mepris and That Obscure Object of Desire!

Oh how I hope I'm wrong . . .

a criterion release of mulholland drive is obviously not only a rumour anymore. just read the part "criterion corner"...

http://www.moviefanfare.com/latest-buzz-new-upcoming-dvd-releases/

Criterion Corner: Those folks at Criterion are up to their old tricks, pushing out gems on DVD and Blu-ray that collectors simply can’t live without. Down the road, we’ve learned that the company has slated David Lynch’s Mulholland Dr., the 2001 Hollywood-set mystery that actually started life as a pilot for a TV series. The film deals with an aspiring actress, an amnesiac woman, a film director, and a lesbian liaison and stars Naomi Watts, Laura Elena Harring, Robert Forster and Justin Theroux. This will be a nice companion piece to Criterion’s upcoming Eraserhead.*...

Looks like this whole wave got pushed back. Glad it has as August is rammed. September isn't that much better though.

Looks like this whole wave got pushed back. Glad it has as August is rammed. September isn't that much better though.
Yeah, I reckon Gone Baby Gone and Hero will subsequently be pushed back as well, as almost every studiocanal steelbook is apparently being released on September 8th. With the exception of unknown and deer hunter. Hopefully zavvi spreads the around, rather than delaying them a month every time.

Hi,
Is there a new release date for the steelbook ? I believed it was 8th september.

Still not despatched and no answer from Zavvi !!!

Last edited:
Zavvi charged me today, so I thought it would be shipped today too. Huh, next week it is then. I would have skipped this easily anyway, but I need my dose of Lynch.