My new 80" Vizio M

Apr 30, 2009
hi all,
well so far I had this TV a month now and absolutely loving it. I now have started beginning to re watch all my 3D movies :D
Yes, the 3D on this TV is awesome. It is Passive and it is amazing. If you have a 3D TV and you have the IMAX movie Under the Sea, remember the Fish Scene? WOW, it is incredible lol.
So here it is and my man cave lol
Actually, first pic is going to be my old 55" Samsung and last 2 are my new 80" Vizio :D

cimg0173j.jpg

4d3u.jpg

URL]

this is my desktop of my computer which is hooked up to it :scat:
weir.jpg

URL]

you can see the noticeable difference in size.

I do have a little story, and you are not gonna believe this lol.
ok, I bought the TV last month on a Tuesday at Sams Club, paid in cash mind you. Originally I was going to have a co worker help me deliver this but after picking up the box I was like, uh uh, I am 58, not gonna even attempt this due to I live on a 2nd floor apartment lol. So I used Sams Club delivery service, they told me delivery would be on Friday. I sad OK, cant wait.
I had to go back to Sams Club that Wednesday, and there it was in the holding area. One of the employees came up to me and asked if I got it yet, I sad no, its still over there and getting it the next day. He said to make sure I tell him about it and how it is.
So Friday comes, the delivery guy called to let me know he is on his way to Sams Club to pick up TV and should be there soon, I sad awesome. Well, he called me back in 10 minutes and wanted to know if I had already picked up TV. I said no, he was getting it. He started to tell me they cant find it , wasn't in the holding area. I told him I was there day before and it was there. He said he would call me back.
Ok, so now Sams Club manager calls me and asked if I picked up TV, I told her no, I paid for delivery, why would I pick it up myself? I said, Oh OH :ohno: What happened to my TV I asked, told the manager I saw it day before in holding area. She thought for a moment and said to me, they were going to look over some video footage and would call me back EEK! Holy Crap lol
She called me back about 10 minutes later and said the have footage of a guy walking out the store with my TV EEK! Apparently he used my name, it so happens that a copy of my receipt was taped to the box. He must have pulled it off to look at person who bought TV, ME :angry: They know who the guy is and asked if I knew him, said his name I said no. They said OK, they will call me back shortly. OMG Someone stole my 80" TV right out of Sams Club EEK! :angry:
HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN? lol
Delivery guy called me back and said Sams Club gave them another TV and they were on their way. I breathed a sigh of relief lol.
So I got my TV finally and boy am I glad still that I did not get this myself. It is HUGE and HEAVY :hilarious: lol
Even the stand is heavy.
I came close to buying the Sony 4K but right now I am glad I didn't, just read an article on Saturday that Sony is going to be dropping prices about 2K on the 55" and 65".
But Yeah, I am very happy with this Vizio, never thought I would ever own a TV this huge before :oohyeah:

Last edited by a moderator:
Crazy story, Burnt! Enjoy the new TV, looks awesome! But...why the hell are my 'Alien' posters up in your house? LOL. A few months ago I went to BB to pick up some cheap thing, they almost gave me somebody's laptop. SMH.

:::: Digitalbabe ::::
Staff/Community Manager
Hidefninja.com

Reactions: bloodsnake007
i see it now. wow ... looks good ... im in market for new tv ... want to compare this in person vs. panny plasma 65"

unfortunately my sams club didnt have this for "show" ... they had the 70" tho but it seems this one is much better quality. WOuld like to see in person.

Crazy story, Burnt! Enjoy the new TV, looks awesome! But...why the hell are my 'Alien' posters up in your house? LOL. A few months ago I went to BB to pick up some cheap thing, they almost gave me somebody's laptop. SMH.

:::: Digitalbabe ::::
Staff/Community Manager
Hidefninja.com

I know you like Alien, I just watched the first one Alien, wow, it was awesome :)
now got to re watch the rest :movie: lol

Reactions: bloodsnake007
Interesting story and the size difference between your old and new tv is very significant to say the least. That is the same size I'm aiming for when it's time to replace my 60" Kuro Elite. :)

Epic TV buddy! :scat: Crazy story, I'm glad after all that BS they put you through you finally received it! They should of given you your delivery money back! It should of been free!

I've been saving for almost a year for a bigger and better TV! :thumbs: Someday... soon I hope!

Enjoy that bad boy! :LOL:

well I ponied up and bought the 70" instead. the 80" was like $1500 more ... and with 4k prices dropping Idk what I will want in a year or 2 from now ... so this should be kick ass for a long time.