New! Group buy process for apsmith21

Status
Not open for further replies.

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Hello! Due to some recent difficulties with another member (more here if you want to read details), who used Paypal's case system to tie up hundreds of dollars in group buy funds for weeks, unfortunately I've had to change the way that I take payments for group buys.

The good news! I now support Google Pay and Apple Pay payments! You can also use your credit card through a third party process to pay direct. And finally, if you have preference with a different payment provider outside of Paypal, I might be able to support that as well.

The group buy process for my group buys has changed - here's an example of how it work now.

1) Go to the listing like you always have, choose the order now button
Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 10.23.14 AM.png

2) You will be taken to this new screen. From here, add your address you would like the item shipped to, note the terms and conditions at the bottom, and and click the purchase button.

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 11.11.34 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 11.04.03 AM.png

3) This screen - you can use google pay, apple pay or your credit card. HDN DOES NOT STORE YOUR CREDIT CARD. This is passed to our processor and not stored here!!!!

If there is more demand or interest, I can add other payment vendors to our profile for your use. Just ask.

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 11.05.35 AM.png

4) Upon successful purchase, you will be redirected to the "Your purchases" screen and it should show that your payment has been "VALIDATED" along with your
purchase of the item.

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 11.08.15 AM.png

That's it, you're done!

Hi all,

Just a quick note - starting on October 10th you should see a new feature when looking to purchase from a group buy of mine. Our payment integrator, Stripe, will show an Apple Pay, Google Pay, or "Link" button based on your device and browser settings.

Using this new feature from Stripe, you will be able to use "Link" to store your card details with them, and no longer have to manually enter them every time. Nothing changes from my side, this should just start working on it's own.

Here's a ultra quick demo that Stripe shared with me today - I hope it makes it easier for you to purchase things from my group buys!

stripe1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.