New Wave of Alliance Steelbooks-October 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2010
Sarnia, On
I hope this info is correct. I got my newsletter from DVDNGG this morning stating next wave of Alliance titles coming out Oct. 25 includes:

Equilibrium
From Dusk to Dawn
Requiem for a Dream
American History X

If these are steels, I'll be picking them all up.

Thanks to drum18 for posting links to these pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those needing to scale back purchases, here is some info regarding the the CA batch of steels lately.

1) No title got completely sold out in 1-2 months.
2) All are still available with only 2 being some what hard to locate, but not impossible (Hot Fuzz, Memento)
3) The prices started out cheaper, and then raised a bit .... then did one relatively nice price drop before going back up to a price higher than at Day 1.

So all in all, unless we get info about a "Limited release" then I wouldn't worry about these going OOS.

Seems more like the UK (upcoming store exclusives) and Japan titles are the ones that go OOS and don't return.

This is so true! although I would still like to have a thread where we can inform each other of stuff that looks like it's going to be low already...so no one misses out on them! especially on the ones in your own country / area!

I'd only grab American History X. The banners spoiled the artwork on the last wave; especially Sin City. >: |

I'm going to get Equillibrium and From Dusk Till Dawn. They are of superior quality compared to the US releases, and I don't have them, so they will be mine!

Can't wait until pics of these show up. I've been holding out getting From Dusk till Dawn on blu ray due to lack of special features, but now I'm gonna have to buy it.

As Wreck stated in another thread. It may well be worth holding out on buying these straight away.
Alliance Steelbooks tend to drop quite drastically in price a little while after initial release date. I don't think these will be disappearing any time soon, and you may want to save your money for titles that may well scarper very quickly (Jurassic Park SB or Statue set and Thor Super Set come to mind)

Removed 'possible' from the thread title.

This is good news because I would love to have Equilibrium and From Dusk Till Dawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.