New wireless headphones

mobius387

beer snob
Premium Supporter
Feb 16, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I have needed new headphones for a long time. The last time I bought a set of good headphones was like 8 years ago, and have used them since. They still work, but the ear cushions are decaying to practically nothing.

So ive been in the market for awhile now, but didn't want to spend a ton of money on headphones. This black friday they had the Sennheiser RS 130's for $100 bucks off, making the price $59.99 at Amazon. I picked them up.

I'm wondering if you guys think these will be good for gaming? I know they aren't a real gaming headphones set, and really are more for music, but I was thinking for $60 i could probably do worse (i didnt really want to spend more).

Do you guys think I'll have a great sound experience, or that I'll be left wishing I spent more for a real gaming headset like the Turtle Beach headphones?

I know the Senn's dont have a mic or anything either, but I'm ok with that. I can either just turn off the mics or use a mic through my ps eye.

I wanted a pair of those for the same reason, but I am broke so I couldn't get them. Anyway, I think they should do the job I still think about getting some of those.

I wanted a pair of those for the same reason, but I am broke so I couldn't get them. Anyway, I think they should do the job I still think about getting some of those.

ok, thanks!

yah, i dont really have money either, but im banking on getting some from some christmas cards this year. hopefully santa comes through for me ;)

I got a few really good headphones back from my recording days and when I had my own studio. The best bang for your buck was Audio Technicas, but I had some awesome Sony studio monitor headphones as well.

i had Sony studio monitor headphones and they were great...

lacked the huge bass but detail was clear and had that "in front row" of a live concert sound to them

Best headphones out now, are the dr. dre beats, but they aren't wireless.. actually all wireless headsets suck.

Best headphones out now, are the dr. dre beats, but they aren't wireless.. actually all wireless headsets suck.

eh, i wouldnt say these headphone suck. ive had them for 2 days now and im quite happy with my purchase. i wouldnt have paid the full $160 for them, but for $60 they are awesome.

the sound quality is pretty good. the only problem ive had with them is there is a little bit of feedback when there is no audio input, or dead silence. that and moving around can cause a little bit of feedback. but moving around is something you cant do with wired headphones so i guess theres not too much to complain about that.

i was worried about them being not as good for gaming, but they actually hold up pretty well. the sound is fairly dynamic and it has a semi-surround sound feel to it. not much bass, but enough to give it some depth.

things i like are the volume control on the headphones. it might be something standard, but its a nice touch. that and the base unit recharges the batteries simply by hanging the headphones on top of the unit. i dont have to plug anything in.

some things i dont like is it isnt the most comfortable on my head. its a little stretched out, and doesn't hug my ears. i feel like if i whipped my head hard it might fall off, but im not headbanging here. theres a tuning button that is ill-placed too, right next to the volume dial, so i accidentally hit that every once in awhile.

but overall they are an awesome set of headphones for what i paid. pretty much does everything i want with just some minor complaints. the feedback is probably the most annoying thing, but i can only hear it in dead silence or if im walking around, so its not too bad.

they may not hold up to a top of the line set of headphones, but for the money i doubt i could have gotten anything better.

they have just an analog audio cord that connects to the wireless base. there is a headphone jack converter for both 1/4" and 3.5mm as well. so i have the base connected to the back of my tv.

its a good set of headphones for general use. good for tv, connecting to my pc, or using with my ps3. for what i paid i got a good deal ($60), but normally these cost over $100. i wouldnt have paid that much, there are much better corded headsets.

thats what bothers me a little bit is that its not a headset, so i cant use these and talk easily. but i use them more often when my wife is asleep, so i shouldnt be talking anyways right? :twisted: