newbie here

Welcome to the forums!

In terms of sealed vs open - I think it really depends on the availability of the release.

So if you're talking about something that has a larger print run and is still available from a retailer, it's likely not going to skyrocket in value.

However, if you have something that's a little more sought after, your best bet would be to keep it sealed.

And finally, it depends on what you are looking to do in the long term. Trade? Sell? Just collect to admire them on the shelf?

Every collector is different, you just need to find out what feels most comfortable to you.

Hope some of that information helps! :cool:

(and I've moved your thread to the introduction section)

Reactions: sukibee
:welcome: to our wonderful and great 2nd home... HDN! :LOL: Have fun and I'll be looking forward to see your collection! :thumbs:

Yeah, I'm sorry about this, but there aren't many boards where you can post as a newbie and I haven't found a specific thread for it, so I thought this is a good way :D

You seem an old pro being a newbie...I mean, 13 posts and you have already your signature done EEK!

Looking for Steelbooks: "Up" (Blufans), "True Romance" (Entertainment Store) and "Dredd" (Japan)
If you need a German or Austrian Release (Steelbooks etc.), pm' me and I see what I can do!

I'am currently torn between the 2 as well, some of my steels would look much better opened (The Raid) but there are some which just look amazing with the exclusive sticker (The Wrestler PA).
Overall, I do as apsmith said, it all comes down to the availability.

I personally think you should open them and enjoy.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Hello and welcome BTW! :)