Only God Forgives - In Theaters July 19th 2013

Che

Red Viper
Premium Supporter
Sep 7, 2010
Milwaukee
From IMDB:
Only God Forgives in an upcoming crime drama thriller movie written and directed by Nicolas Winding Refn. The film is described as a Bangkok-set modern Western that sees a Thai police lieutenant and a gangster settling their differences in a Thai-boxing match. The cast includes Ryan Gosling, Kristin Scott-Thomas, Vithaya Pansringarm and Yayaying. The film should be released sometime in 2013.

Plot:
According to a production synopsis, the film follows Julian, who runs a Thai boxing club as a front organization for his family's drug smuggling operation, as he is forced by his mother Jenna to find and kill the individual responsible for his brother's recent death.

Attachments

• only-god-forgives-poster.jpg
    only-god-forgives-poster.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 120
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Gaveecho
:LOL::D:drool::ohno::thumbs:
Finally, I've been waiting forever to see a sneak peek. Also, is that the plot? I thought originally he had to confront The Angel of Vengeance (not his mother) for murdering his brother?

Edit: The synopsis just got updated, so disregard my comment above. At first it stated he had to confront his mother.

Last edited:
Two new trailers...

I almost forgot the new poster (click spoiler for the animated gif version)...

70612.jpg

only-god-forgives-motion-poster.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ash333 and vurt
Cannot wait for this, although its got a lot to live up to after Drive I'm sure it won't disappoint

Reactions: spass
Same here! Can't wait to see this.
It was showing at my local cinema about a month ago only for a few days but I didn't get the chance to see it.
I know it won't be as good as Drive but on the other hand I know I'll love it. NWR & Gosling, what can possible go wrong! ;)

I'm a huge fan of the director and have been for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
There are no theaters in my area carrying this, so I randomly searched directv and it is ON DEMAND for $7.99. What the hell. Why not? Just a heads up. I will watch tonight and give my opinion later.

Visually, this movie is really good. But that's all it has going for it. I loved Drive and was eagerly awaiting this one. But it's like a bad Lynch knockoff. Gosling has 22 lines in the whole movie. It's just a bizarre movie.

You can watch this on VOD if you don't want to drive to a theater to watch it

Reactions: tridon and Drum18
Yes this movie is all style and no substance. It felt like a cinematographer was given a video camera instead of a kodak. Every scene looks like a picture. Definite letdown. Gosling's first bomb IMO. Oh well. Place beyond Pines steel is out soon.

I'm with the last two guys; this was a visually impressive film, but lacked everything else that makes a film good. I just posted my Final Thoughts "review" for it here on the main HDN page.

So watched this on BD yesterday (my next review for HDN) and what an absolute let down, possibly the biggest disappointment of the year for me.

Visually it's a stunning film but it's such a mess of a movie.