Parasite (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Mar 12, 2018
UK
Release date: June 1, 2020
Purchase links: HMV - Amazon UK - Zavvi - Zoom
Price: £22.00 (Amazon) - £24.99 (Zavvi - HMV) - £29.99 (Zoom)
Notes: Region B Locked

Parasite 1.jpg
Parasite 3.jpg Parasite 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember that Zatoichi Steelbook, it has crap finish, I think zero, bare metal, I sold it few years ago.

Hopefully Parasite will be better finish-wise. Reordered from Amazon, canceled on Zavvi :coffee:

I remember that Zatoichi Steelbook, it has crap finish, I think zero, bare metal, I sold it few years ago.

Hopefully Parasite will be better finish-wise. Reordered from Amazon, canceled on Zavvi :coffee:
13 Assassins was a spot gloss finish with lot of spot gloss applied

• Informative
Reactions: Hereticz
Think it’s been a few months now. Or at least since the start of the year. Works out the same price as amazons with the shipping.

best to order with amazon incase it drops or order from HMV with something else. Or both and cancel whatever one closer the time
Hmm yeah, I just ordered both steels together, but BoD may get cancelled depending on artwork, so I've also ordered Parasite at Amazon, just in case.

Guess most of us have no real reason to choose HMV over other retailers anymore though... first they scrap Pure Points, and now this. (n)

Reactions: Flloydo
Hmm yeah, I just ordered both steels together, but BoD may get cancelled depending on artwork, so I've also ordered Parasite at Amazon, just in case.

Guess most of us have no real reason to choose HMV over other retailers anymore though... first they scrap Pure Points, and now this. (n)

Pure points will be back in the summer. And you never know, HMV might have the better BOP art

HMV also not dropping prices compared to previously on a lot of pre order releases which has a effect with Amazon UK prices on pre orders as they use HMV when they decide to price match.
HMV have dropped the 2 for £25 on the premium collection releases and some other products
HMV have increased prices on lot of back catalogue

I only use HMV now if they have a exclusive I cant get from another UK retailer

Amazon I'm a prime member
When Amazon is the seller or fulfilling for other sellers I get free shipping
I also often get free priority shipping on items listed as prime

Amazon Prime is good value if you order a lot with Amazon

Reactions: Noodles
Pure points will be back in the summer. And you never know, HMV might have the better BOP art
I thought they were done with Pure Points and were meant to be introducing something different? I've already lost my thousands of points I'd saved up anyway due to their recent app to reclaim them not working for me, so meh.

HMV also not dropping prices compared to previously on a lot of pre order releases which has a effect with Amazon UK prices on pre orders as they use HMV when they decide to price match.
HMV have dropped the 2 for £25 on the premium collection releases and some other products
HMV have increased prices on lot of back catalogue

I only use HMV now if they have a exclusive I cant get from another UK retailer

Amazon I'm a prime member
When Amazon is the seller or fulfilling for other sellers I get free shipping
I also often get free priority shipping on items listed as prime

Amazon Prime is good value if you order a lot with Amazon
I noticed that too with their 2 for £25 offer, which is why I don't collect their Premium Collection releases any more. Something tells me they're going to run the company into administration yet again with all these price hikes and lack of deals.

I also have Amazon Prime by the way, and have done for a while now... I planned to cancel it after my free trial was up, but I buy from them quite a lot, so figured it was worth sticking around. Plus you obviously get other features such as Prime Video, so amazing deal overall, like you said.

Reactions: paulboland
I thought they were done with Pure Points and were meant to be introducing something different? I've already lost my thousands of points I'd saved up anyway due to their recent app to reclaim them not working for me, so meh.

Yeah it will be a new system. I just meant they will have a new points thing this summer. They were asking for feedback on it throughout the summer of last year and what customers would like to see. Etc

The app worked fine though, did you ever message them about it in the 3 month window they gave until it closed?

Yeah it will be a new system. I just meant they will have a new points thing this summer. They were asking for feedback on it throughout the summer of last year and what customers would like to see. Etc

The app worked fine though, did you ever message them about it in the 3 month window they gave until it closed?
Nah, I missed all that... had other things going on at the time, so it was the last thing on my mind.

Doubt I'll risk signing up for a new reward scheme though if they're continuing to run the business this way, because chances are they won't be around long if so.

Reactions: Flloydo
Nah, I missed all that... had other things going on at the time, so it was the last thing on my mind.

Doubt I'll risk signing up for a new reward scheme though if they're continuing to run the business this way, because chances are they won't be around long if so.

So I agree with what Paul has said but they still have price drops lol. Just not as much as before. It’s no different to zavvi having a steelbook for £14.99 and saying they have a massive sale on with 20% off but increasing the price of that item to £18.99

They’ve been doing that for years.

HMV had a massive sale on vinyl and blu rays recently. Really don’t get what the big deal is. And if amazon use their pricing strategies from hmv (which is weird) then they should go elsewhere to do so Lol

HMV are focusing on other things now too. Like live bands in stores and signings/ meet and greets. Whilst none of that is for me, they are doing much more of that now.

And ditto, had a lot going on too but it was just one reply to a email on what benefits you would like to see from HMV in the future and points was included in that. All I know is, they are planning changes and other things ready for this summer. But go knows what that includes

French art is way better. Bummer. Holding out for Kimchi/Nova to do something worthy of the film. No clue at all why CJ didn't let Plain Archive handle it after The Handmaiden. Maybe they take too long. :LOL:

Asked PA guys, it is simple... other company owns distribution rights there.

French art is way better. Bummer. Holding out for Kimchi/Nova to do something worthy of the film. No clue at all why CJ didn't let Plain Archive handle it after The Handmaiden. Maybe they take too long. :LOL:

Liking that art so ordered from Amazon . . . upside down stairs design kind of reminds me of M.C. Escher's "Relativity" or as more usually known "Crazy Stairs" drawing ...
Capture.JPG
1581220536699.png

... as well as that crazy inside out office building in Nice, S. of France by Roussel & Laisné :-
Capture.JPG

Reactions: spookz
Even more chance of a premium edition now maybe.

As always, amazed that Zavvi getaway with writing false or overstated RRPs.
Zavvi RRP £29.99 but selling for £24.99 saving £5 oooo... but HMV is selling for £19.99? So yeah, HMV decide to sell £10 below RRP??? :BS: